How boundless gets more players?

I found the game purely by accident on ps4 store

3 Likes

Same here. Would have loved to have been an early backerā€¦ but where I knew about NMS from the beginning, never heard a thing about Boundless - sad to me, as Boundless I consider the better game, appeals to the same tastes I think. NMS just happened to get all the exposure.

No please. Just no.

2 Likes

Why? If you donā€™t want to PvP you just avoid those planets

1 Like

The community is toxic enough as is. We donā€™t need the toxicity of PvP in the game.

1 Like

Dunno, maybe PvP would take some toxicity out of the game, let ppl get their aggressions out

1 Like

Probably notā€¦ The game isnā€™t really built for PvP either, not with how unoptimized the netcode for this game is. (Servers having to handle ALL movement (and even character direction) instead of having movement be handled client sideā€¦) ā€¦ along with the not-so-instantaneous mail-like chat systemā€¦ You try PvPing when youā€™re lagging and getting teleported/drug around by the server because youā€™re moving far too fast compared to the packets being sent/recieved by the serverā€¦

4 Likes

I genuinely donā€™t remember how I heard about this game. At all. But I backed this game in 2014. And to this day it remains the only thing Iā€™ve ever been an early backer for. I seriously donā€™t know how or why I backed this game. It was VERY out of character for me. I entirely forgot I backed it too until one day I saw oort online in my steam library. Never played it. Fast forward to COVID and I needed something to do in quarantine. Played it for the first time despite backing it way back in 2014. It was almost like fate. Either way now Iā€™m addicted so I just believe that 2014 me knew Iā€™d need this in 2020.

3 Likes

I have had Boundless since before it came to Steam, but I have not always put a ton of time into like many of the other people in this community has. Every time I do play, I am absolutely blown away by how much time and effort you guys put into this game. Minecraft (in my opinion) is so popular because people just understand the creative ability you have to put into the game. Boundless does not have the ā€œpeople just knowā€ side to help it, but the building system in this game and the community are significantly better. If we want everyone to know that, we need to have people tell them. Content creators will allow the game to grow more naturally than any type of marketing push would. Natural growth is far more important for a game like Boundless rather than having a huge surge of players. The community, market, developers, etc. need to adapt to the rise in the count of players.

So to that end: incentivize content creation and organic player growth via content creation and refer-a-friend rewards. People who refer others (they have to bought the game and played X hours) or post videos on YouTube, stream on Twitch, or share content outside of the ā€œBoundless networkā€ like reddit, Facebook, etc. get rewards.

Rewards could be in the form of cubits, ā€œfreeā€ access to rented worlds (when they are finished), special cosmetics or, if you influential enough, ability to request cosmetics/blocks content. I also think it would be far to give content creators in game coins as well since really the coins are a measure of ā€œeffortā€ you have put into the game. If you are creating content and drawing in new players you are putting effort into the game to keep bringing in new players.

Rewards could also be tiered as well obviously. So someone like Jivita would have much better rewards for content creation than someone like me. Perhaps even allow content creators also share or give away their rewards as well. Someone like Jivita likely does not make content because they are incentivized, so they could in turn give it away new players to help them get started and in turn encourage more people to play.

5 Likes

I had seen the PS4 trailer in 2016ā€¦

Then forgot the nameā€¦ Two weeks before it released I tried to find it but without knowing the name I never did. Then a few days later the release trailer appeared on the PlayStation channelā€¦

Preorder went out right away!

4 Likes