How do you feel about the future of Boundless?

I dunno how many topics about this we have to make To have devs attention.

3 Likes

Yeah at the very least talk to us

1 Like

Iā€™ve said it before, Iā€™ll say it again. We can keep this game going as long as they allow us. Letā€™s stop getting angry at the Devs and each other. Letā€™s just get on with it. This community is unique, thatā€™s why this game is unique. We can pull together and keep the community alive, regular updates or not.

11 Likes

Apologies may be in order. Not to say my last post isnā€™t really how I feel but rather I should be awake and have at least one strong cup of coffee be for I start posting. I love this community even the ones I donā€™t agree with. :blue_heart:

12 Likes

Well said @Bethlehem I mean its the community that makes the game for most of us. I am sure there is a core of us community players that are dedicated to playing the game as we have always doneā€¦ and I donā€™t see that ever going away anytime soon.

6 Likes

Damn jeffie boi. Almost made me cry.

3 Likes

Big group hug! :hugs: (Blame Jeff)

1 Like

I nominate this to be pinned to the front of the forums page :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just wait tell I start calling names :joy:

3 Likes

There are a lot of people on the steam forums asking if they can play the game offline or if there is a single player mode.

while people are going to complain that they need a good computer to run everything on the same computer they play on private worlds / singles-ish player mode will bring in a lot of people that will want to play but not on a mmo.

But i suspect having to need to pay for gleamclub when a person hosts their own universe or plays offline is going to be a big issue with a lot of peopleā€¦

3 Likes

Over 9000!

very occasionally Iā€™m like
doomed
but usually Iā€™m more
hope
and sometimes, just sometimes, itā€™s
blackgleam

fyi I think all that balances out so voted neutral.
also, I think this might also be my view on life in general, though last year was certainly less balanced.

ā€¦right, think Iā€™ve reached my gif quota for the dayā€¦time for a drink.

2 Likes

I agree with u

While most are worried, the devs are working hard in the background laughing in our faces then BAM! UPDATE release and we all say wellā€¦ I knew it :relieved:

1 Like

This statement right here is exactly why Iā€™m glad you are a reaper! Also your building skills as well. Lol :raised_hands::+1::+1::beers:

3 Likes

The only thing that can save this game at this point is one of two things:

1. Open source the entire game and let us build what we want
  2. Introduce a very robust API layer and mod support and let us build what we want

The devs have all but abandoned Boundless and if you canā€™t see that, Iā€™m sorry to say you are very blind or simply unwilling to see whatā€™s right in front of you.

2 Likes

Hm well I think based off this great game which has no ads I think after bg3 finishes I think we will get more stuff

This is a serious concern, and Iā€™m hoping that settings to disable plot cost will be available. Failing that, it will be critical for the community to develop and popularize config packs and/or mods to make it a thing.

I have seen that happen quite a few times with computer games. I have been thinking this for some time now, unfortunately. I love the game but donā€™t have much faith in the company at this time.

I have played enough games where someone in the company said they werenā€™t planning on closing the game down two weeks before it actually did to take it with a grain of salt. Sorry, but that is dev speak for ā€œwe might just do that but it would hurt our bottom line now if we told you.ā€ Thatā€™s from real world experience.

2 Likes