How do you keep people in your city or town? Tell me your secrets

This can also be a reason why people move.

“Being alone in an area”.

1 Like

I just lock them in the dungeon, occasionally giving them stale bread and water when I remember.

5 Likes

The things that made me stay were…
The town leader was online every day and stopped by my home to say hi and ask if I needed anything
They had a place in town where you could refine rocks for free and level up fast that way

I had a neighbor at first, he left though and I was sad, but I was hooked by then. We would be building our homes at the same time, it was fun

Town leader showed me the portal system and malls

We have easy access to hubs

Town leader gave me some good but not great/end game tools to help me get started

Town leader introduced me to grapples and before then I just could NOT understand why people built places you couldn’t enter lol. I kept dying from falling, getting stuck in the water by big cities that had no entrance from the water, getting stuck outside cities that had walls two blocks high XD

3 Likes

I think people quit playing because sometimes they want to talk to people who will be nice to them. Making friends is hard and a lot of times once you have talked with them for several months then a new person shows up and they quit talking to you as if you don’t exist. I’ve found this the hard way on multiple occasions. I almost quit myself a few days ago but I really love the game.

Just to add a note hear to Frizz yes I did move with my 2m base because all of you started acting funny towards me and after realizing what was going on after Emma I decided to go back to Niia Zed Ka. I hope you are so happy now that I point this out here on the forum since you’rebasicallycallingme a liar since I didn’tmentionthis the first time so sorrymust have forgot stupid me. Watch your back with her.

2 Likes

Ouch!
I’m friendly to everyone, come say hi any time at dkmall!

1 Like

If you need friends come by Star Hollow on tana, we are friendly. A portal in DK mall.

2 Likes

Tyvm I will I’m on Niia Zed Ka

1 Like

Nia zed ka? Come visit sunken town lots off friends to make :slightly_smiling_face: you alone plotting our in another settlement? We there since forever and don’t plan to leave

1 Like

How do you keep people in your city or town from learning your secrets?

2 Likes

Blindfolds, earmuffs and glowcaps. Then I drop them off on biitula after relieving them of their oortstone. #ArkStyleBoundlessPvP #FearTheTree

4 Likes

They know what happens if they talk.

2 Likes

Only invite your alts to build with you. If they give you any trouble. Delete them!

7 Likes

giphy%20(2)

2 Likes

Everyone needs to be tattooed as a main or an alt though. Shirts did not work!. When Exotic Villager put on my “Main” shirt I lost six alts before I got the shirt back.

2 Likes

There are many reasons people might not stay. For one the new player experience is not fun. Some people think by giving new players stuff to skip them past early gripes will solve this. But its the design of the game thats the problem. Many come thinking its like minecraft. But something as simple as crafting or knowing where to get something is a major issue. I have seen many people start a playthrough or lets play of this game and quit after a few episodes cause they seem to be having tons of problems doing simple things. Like trying to do tutorial and build torches and being unable to find flint for an hour. The crafting of stuff and having it sent to the crafting bench inv confuses many thinking they didnt get what they made. If it does go to inv cause its handcraffted it might make a smart stack and they dont know what that is, where the item went, and how to open a smart stack if they notice items stacked to begin with.

Not knowing where to get something is another issue. Ive seen people look stuff up in knowledge to find out where to get something and they learn nothing just a description of said item.

Finally the crafting of many things is over complicated. People are used to torches only needing coal and sticks, or glass only needing sand, and so on. A lot of recipes require additional resources, and you have no clue where to get them, or how to make them. Something as simple as needing trunks or needing timber. You cant make sticks with timber when you should be able to. Instead you got to waste time making timber and then make the sticks. A lot of issues like this over complicate the start of the game and extend the time it takes to progress to better tools, build a home, and so on.

Dont get me startes on the skill system.

If a player sticks around through these issues the next when settling in a town is the town itself. Personally i dont want to be in a town with no identity. Ie they build what ever they want however they want it to look. Likewise i want a town to be planned. Others might think like me and simply leave their town and build elsewhere. Then eventually quit cause of other game issues.

1 Like

If you really want to punish new players, drop them on beckon. Virtual islands surrounded by rivers and high cliffs…

5 Likes

And rain every day. I started there and hated the planet.

2 Likes

I started on Raxxa. It has to be my favorite of all the T1’s. But it has rain every day. I’ve thought of moving to either Cephonex or Boori. But something keeps me there.

I started on Raxxa but then moved to Alder (had plot troubles on raxxa with a prestige grab road) then i moved to Grovidas Te (i needed SPICE)

1 Like

Beckon sucks

3 Likes