How everyone enjoying the forge nerf?

Im obviously not the best person to comment on then/now forging changes, but from a naive outsiders view it looks like they added a whole heap of possibilities to the system.

As you said you can still make the same old god hammers, but from what i understand of the quirks you could make even better ones if you got the right quirks and mined in the right conditions to activate the bonuses.

Also the devs were pretty clear about the intent on this one… opening it up for newer players a bit more and making things other than diamond hammers have a point in the forge. Crete (i think) mentioned somewhere the other day T1 and 2 hammers had become really popular.

Balance isnt always just about the end game items, seems like a lot of good in this one for people who arent already mining 1000 gems an hour. And from what ive read no one has really gotten into exploiting the new quirks yet. But as you said you can still make 1 shot T6 hammers, so maybe thats planned to be T7/T8 tier forging.

1 Like

Yesterday I was amazed at the game’s RNG!

I wanted durability, AoE and extra damage. I started with 3x Longevity Gum.

What boon do I get? Flankers Force!

I thought “ok, why not!”

Hit the boon compound again, what do I get?

Extra damage!

I mean! Seriously? Both aren’t longevity boons, ok I wanted them anyways, but sjeesh!

Funny part: next boon was durability! :joy:

At least it saved me 2 vigour catalysts to clear the gums!

But to be honest, this forging… Ehhm, it’s kinda more like I expected but since I was now used to getting (close to, I wasn’t that good) perfect gear the outcomes are now rather varied and not sure what to think yet.

Perhaps we have to accept to have 2 to 3 quirks on them or find another (personal) way to circumvent them completely. I know there are, but haven’t tried them fully yet…

1 Like

Gem market dead? All the markets are dead!

Besides it’s still so very, very odd that people are okay with paying much more for gems than for crafted goods like pies/loafs/brews in comparison to the effort it takes to get the mats and how long it takes to craft.

People find a pie of 1000c way too expensive, but I can find 1000’s of gems in the same time it takes me to gather the mats and craft 50 persisting pies. Heck, shimmering orbs are still very, very expensive, if this continues they are the same price as 1 rough gem!

lol does this mean I should hold onto 20-30 max dura 10/10 dmg 3x3 diamond hammers I have O.o from pre nerf?

Nah, you shouldn’t!

Just give 'm to me, I dispose of them in an environmentally save manner!

:joy:

2 Likes

lol I have had them for awhile, when I quit mining I stopped using them. They were just old stock I had stored away. But with whats going on… They may become valuable one day.

1 Like

Like I said, I can dispose of them safely, like deep underground, between altitude 5 and 20 (when they break! lol!)

Haha I hear ya, although they may be wasted doing that. I feel with tier 7-8 planets they may be needed, as it would prob be hard to get hammers high enough to 1 shot a T8 planet, idk.

1 Like

Oh? You want me to dispose them on a T7/8 planet? Sure! :joy:

Hehe, I do think it is a good idea to save them indeed for when those come out, you might be the first to mass sell the new mats in large quantities because of it!

Especially when combined with a nice Fast or Strength brew, I know a place :wink:

1 Like

I havent tested it yet, but have a feeling i reached my goal of 2 shotting leaves… and in only 4 days!

1 Like

Really depends though. Nerf for the sake of balance is required.