How everyone enjoying the forge nerf?

Who knows :man_shrugging: may I suggest we get back on topic though please.

4 Likes

Looks like someone is abusing multiple accounts and flagging posts. At what point will players be limited to 1 forum account linked to their game account? It’d go a long way to dealing with 90% on the trolling mentality going on.

@Prome3us what’s your forging method?

Mainly still draining compound based, although I’m having fun with corrupted compounds aswell.

@anon67769248 to be fair we were off topic there for a bit :slight_smile:

Haven’t touched the forge since the nerf. Hoping the hammers I have in stock last me until I stop playing : (

@Prome3us and @anon67769248
Indeed it was going offtopic a bit too much, but the now hidden subject itself is an good base for an interesting discussion, maybe a Mod can separate these flaged posts into an own thread?

For ontopic answer by myself:
I was watching yesterday Merlns Video about Hammer Forging 2.0 and it looks maybe more complicated as before, but somehow also more as intended.
I think with a bit practice we will be fast back to nice Endgame Gear Crafting and don’t cry a single tear about old times anymore.

I just would like if more people share their experiences and make guides like @Merln it does. It would help all the people who are not that good in theorycrafting.

2 Likes

Lol my posts were flagged, guess I should have really let fly, pretty soft…

You should play with it. You can still get the same 3x3 DD8 now. You don’t need Draining Compound to make one, for example. Nor Vigour Catalyst.

There’s lots of ways the changes were not nerfs and instead buffs.

Changes are good. Straight up nerfs are bad. It sounds like they went for changes this time instead of just letting the nerf bat fly.

If you buy chisels… avoid the quirks, as you end up with that purple buff on/off triggering a LOT

I’m enjoying the forging changes, it has been a big factor in me actually starting to forge (so I can’t say much about the state of the specific forging process) but I think that the change has/will get more people to start forging and therefore enjoying another aspect of the game.

I’ve been able to make some simple tools which have helped me greatly, such as; 3x1 Silver Hammer, a loot magnet and a a few other silver tools/grapples with +durabilty.

Nothing game breaking, but in the beginning when you’re in need of materials, the forging changes have really help me out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Seriously! Devs have to stop this multiple accounts flagg stuff happening here. Its really not ok! A childish attempt on censorship. I mean comon!!

I will be trying lut merlins method and draining boon 1. Ive had alot of really bd forged latly, learning on the ps4 is a really painfull process!

Decided to see what all the fuss was about and gave forging a try last night… changes definitely make its easier for noobs and I made a sweet, sweet copper axe with -260 damage.

It can 4 shots leaves on T1.

I feel that because this amazing tool actually extends the longevity of the game, it should be worth about 4 times the retail price of the game.

Taking orders via PM. Thank you.

2 Likes

You would probably be better off using straight up pure boon 1, i think getting to understand how the pure compounds work give a nice cheap base to work from, then slowly try out some of the more complicated compounds. As problems arise, try out pastes and solvents to counter.

Someone forging for the first time jumping in with max tier solvents and quirk/defect compounds is bound to get some poor results. Its also a very expensive way of learning, even with deconstruction resins now being awesome to have

2 Likes

Yeah i was, all good was just a funny story really (or at least i think im funny).

I get how it works, just messing round with low tier stuff as you said. Had a bit of pure 1 and a couple gums lying around from playing with it a few months ago before the wildstock eyes, but only just started adding coils so still just messing about getting the hang of it.

-damage was from AOE. Didnt combo with any other gums/compounds so it did what it was meant to. Can already see how people are making higher tier items with unstables and catalysts etc. I just havent been inspired to mine gems to get the equiptment setup yet.

Give it another week and ill be two shotting those leaves easy!

1 Like

After testing I gotta say, I hate it. Ragequit the game a few times cuz i had do deconstruct so many items.
Chances of creating what I want are 5% at the most. I dont enjoy forging anymore.

I have to add, there has been some heavy changes to the gums that has not been reported (bug or on purpose I don’t know) but I have consistently used 5 special gum to the immediately get an ease and glow boon, or ease and effect boon. It’s gotten to the point where I have to burn alot of vigor just to feel like I have a decent chance at the target I’m aiming for.

@rossstephens can you or any other dev clarify what has changed with the gums please?

I love the changes

1 Like

Gave me such a good laugh lol

3 Likes

I really don’t feel this patch balance anything…
The 1 shot 9 block hammer at T6 world can still make 1000+ gems / hour.
How come this is balance ?
the gem market still dead.
Just making the forge become more complicated.
I think the content you guys design should be more for human, so less math and calculation requirement.
Also now is a little be too much RNG.
Before already a lot of people tell you guys they don’t enjoy forge with RNG effect on it, but this patch you need more RNG for the quirk.

I won’t say its impossible to forge a nice tools again, just i don’t feel there is any good reason to make this change…

People can forge a T6 hammer in old patch, they can 100% forge a similar one in current patch.
So whats the point to add quirk to the drain compound … ?

Or you guys feel the current population is too perfect, and want to upset some forgers to quit the game ?

Be careful for every balance. If you notice, every time you guys do “balance” something break, and population drop.