How long can you hold on for Update 249?

Seemed to me too that more Players joined the Game specially on Playstation but some new PC Players too Like i Said earlier reconize that on the hunts real fast .
Hope getting more Players into the Game in the future.

I’m waiting for nightingale to come out before I bounce unless updates start back up before this beautiful game gets released. https://youtu.be/wVzai6zZM6A

I keep following this forum on a weekly basis to see if there is any new information coming, as I really enjoyed playing this game. However, as I have been playing Minecraft for quite a while now, I don’t really see how I could come back anyway. This game has some really nice things, but compared to Minecraft it really is lacking a lot. Chiseling is like the only thing I really wish I had in MC.

And the problem is the more I play on my MC world, the less chance it is for me to swap away from it as more and more time is put into it.

I also find the lack of communication very worrysome. This is supposed to be a professional company and there are paying customers here, yet that is just completely ignored. The customer service here is worse than in World of Warcraft - and it’s dogsh1t there. Now if this project was to get back on track again, nothing says they won’t go on a hiatus again and another 2-3 years of silence.

So as what goes for waiting time for updates, idc. I want answers, whether it is worth coming back or not.

1 Like

Thing is, I’m more and more convinced that they simply moved on and are not talking to us to keep us hoping, to avoid all of those who are still hoping for more updates to leave in mass. I’m expecting that if they spoke to us, they’d likely have to admit that there has been no progress on Update 249 at all. All that makes sense to me is that they’re using the money made from Sovereign world creations and world fuel sales to pay for maintenance updates, the bug fixes and such, but they don’t make enough money from that to keep people working on 249 proper.
I mean, if someone has a better guess, go ahead.

For example, @Leahlemoncakes is now Cinematic Animation Producer at Larian Studios (and I mean, congratulations to her, that’s a nice promotion). I’m sure it’s similar for all of those who worked on Boundless. They’re all busy with new objectives, new occupations, new responsabilities.
They may not all still be at Larian Guildford, I don’t know, but hey, if James managed to get a job at Larian for most of them, I guess it’s at least nice for them. They sure seem to be looking to expand, though.

I don’t know.
Pretty sure it sucks for us, tho.

1 Like

Without more evidence either way, this just feels like where we’re at to me too.

That being said, I’d definitely recommend that nobody waits for the update. While there are some nice things in it, I don’t think it’s going to make a big enough difference to change the way we actually play or enjoy the game. Either we enjoy it as is and continue to play, or maybe we just want to dip in and out now and again (or even just check in on the forums every once in a while to see how things are doing).

I think the only thing that’s really a big deal in 249 update is the ability for players to host planets themselves, because that really changes the prospects for Boundless’ future. It means that even if Boundless Official servers go away at some point, we’ll still be able to carry on playing. From that sense, there’s little point for me in playing again until 249 hits, because it’s not like we’ll be able to transfer between Official and unofficial anyway.

“That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die.”
― H.P Lovecraft

These statements seem contradictory. Unless I am missing the point

2 Likes

Players who don’t have fun now won’t most likely have fun after next update :smiley:

1 Like

Agreed. But I think he meant the second statement with a far different time-table in mind. If Hytale ends-up being what I hope/think it will be, I’m gonna be on it for many many years.
But it’s true, every game, every activity, is bound to stop being fun after a various amount of time, which depends on many things.

That holds true for me. The main things I was hoping from Boundless’ future updates were more furniture items. That’s what I would need to bring my builds to the next level. I’ve never been satisfied with ‘furniture made out of blocks’, like how people make beds with sand blocks and such. Not my thing. Never was, never will.

The melee weapons or the skillset changes would not be enough to sate my hunger.

4 Likes

what i was hoping for was also something like furniture art stuff we can make but also sell i wish we had stuff selfmade to sell to others
i sugested it to the dev’s but they just put your name under forged weapons and crossed the checkmark on the sugestion :man_shrugging:
kinda like you told you wonna do on that other game i wanted here
thats why i came up with the micro cubes chisel
imagine a chisel to really dig into a single block chopping out minicubes then saving it as an item

@Goblinounours is correct. If I am honest there are times when I am in Boundless where I have to come up with some personal goals or something new to do. It is the nature of sandbox games. It’s a blessing and a curse…if you give someone a lot of freedom in a game at times they lack the enthusiasm or the creativity or just the will to create or do something on their own.

Think about World of Warcraft. For the most part it is.pretty linear get to max level to do end game. This is the end game for most people as it’s the most logical path that the game has created for you to say you have completed most of the game.

In a sandbox you have to create your own goals, but in the end games just become boring and stale over time. If they didn’t I’d be back playing games I did long ago like Mortal Kombat, Mario Brothers or Tecno Bowl.

Point is no matter what game you play over time you will become bored it’s sad I know but that bored may take 20 days or 20 years and it varies for us all.

Boundless is fun …but as a realist it’s time will come much like the thousands of games I have played I the past and the thousands I will play in the future.

1 Like

Unsure if I’m going to re-settle my lost lands, but we’ll see what happens here. For now, I’ll see how long my few fuel blocks last me.

Gonna be honest, right about now, WoW is not a hot name for me. ^^
BUT I do remember how incredibly more enthusiast I was back in the Legion expansion where I found out I could mod some things. And I’m not talking about UI addons, but really about using an alternate executable file to load and replace some assets with customized models and textures.
Back then, we were roughly 3 years away from orcs having tattoos, and the ones we got in the Shadowlands expansion are not exactly what I would’ve wanted…

The BOOST of energy and desire to play the game I felt when I was allowed to make my own stuff… it was like re-discovering the game all over again, 11 years after I started playing. I was tinkering HARD.

I was starting to remake old sets/items in HD…

Then Blizzard smashed the hammer on that part of the community because it was a method also used by a-holes to cheat and get gameplay-advantages… < sigh >
And then… things got worse and worse until… well… now.

STILL. If Wonderstruck had given us ways to do that sort of stuff… OH BOY I would’ve gone to town on Boundless! Would’ve made the whole catalogue of Minyi pending concepts myself, for free!
Buuut alas…

3 Likes

Check out Kenshi (single player). They developed a modding tool first that they built the whole world with so it’s super easy to change and add anything you want. I’ve been playing it since 2011.

Perhaps I missed it, and I apologize for necroing this thread. I recall there was an internal coding issue with 249. I remember when it was roughly 30 days from test server to live implementation. I took a year break, and came back when 249 had just hit test, and was so excited to be able to spend all my skill points on all my skill pages. As time went on with no release, we begged for at least that portion to go live, even if we didn’t get swords and shields (which underperformed on test anyways…).

I was explicitly told that it was a package deal, and couldn’t be released as a standalone feature. I don’t expect a different answer now, but it’s worth asking @Tiggs if this is something that may be able to be fast-tracked, since the roots of it are already in place on test. The ability to use all those skill points on every page is a gamechanger in all the best ways! It’s all I want for Christmas :christmas_tree: :grin:

We’ve discussed it internally and since we don’t have a team yet, it’s not going to be arriving anytime soon. Monty and I have both been very up front with we don’t expect any progress for at least a year if not longer.

8 Likes

Fair enough, ty for the timely response :+1:

1 Like

Do you really think there will ever be another update?

Well I mean, I stopped believing in Santa Claus, Easter bunnies, unicorns or miracles at the age of 5.

Do you really think so? Or are you just hoping / dreaming?

I mean, stay realistic. - How often did updates come before? - How long hasn’t there been one?

And hey Boundless is a great game the way it is.

This comment makes me equally sad and happy at the same time. Sad we won’t see anything new for a while but happy we have new owners that don’t want to rush for the sake of a few coins.

2 Likes

It was looking not so good for a while, but now that it’s in new hands, I would have a hard time believing they would buy an IP just to sit on it and do nothing :thinking:

I started at PS launch, September 2017. IIRC, we got new content fairly frequently. Guilds, farms, placable liquids…not every one was huge, but they were pretty regular. As for how long, I came back about 2 years ago, and 249 had been fairly recently announced…