How much Damage Does It Take To...?

Hello everyone!

Calling on all the knowledgeable Oortians here to help me please :smiley:.

I was wondering if its possible to 1 hit and clear out a 3x3 area on a T6 (including 1 hit ore seams). If so, what dmg should i have on a 3x3 diamond hammer? (Assuming the character has max hammer dmg specs). Iā€™d also guess a strength brew is required. Itā€™d be awesome if someone can detail what strength brew with what dmg lvl (for example dmg 8 strength brew 3 or dmg 9 strength 2ā€¦ Etc). I know there is a tool for this but i got some inaccurate figures (or idk how to use it lol). Would be awesome to know the same info for T1 planets too.

Thaaanks!

Not possible with diamond, only rift.

On T1 ruby and diamond 1-hit with just aoe.

1 Like

With roughly 5400dmg give or take, mega strength brew, and lvl 1 Hammer Versatility guild buff you can 2-shot gravel and ore seams. I just put rock in my left hand, hammer in my right, and if the first swing didnā€™t clear and the middle block is gone I replace it with a fresh rock and swing again.

1 Like

3200(weak stuffā€¦ foliage etc),
4800(rock gravel etc.)
9600(ore)

Hp of the blocks in T6

Soā€¦ big donkey dmg.

It is actually possible to 1 hit ore seams on T6, I was doing this the other day. The secret is to get carpe noctem/diem quirks. With a mega str brew +50% and carpe +10% and + 100 dmg buffs, youā€™ll breach the 9600 dmg required

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/dmg/#1,0,4,8,9,1,5,1,5,1,0,0,9,0,0

3 Likes

Damn i forgot that site
ā€¦ how amazeballsā€¦ i actually remember the numbers for once

2 Likes

Thanks all for the replies :D.

The very same link i was using xD. What do you mean with the 100 dmg buffs? Skill points in dmg or what?

Just referencing the buff text for carpe noctem/diem :]

1 Like

I dont like quirks so idk much about them in detail xD. This quirk seems interesting though. 1 more question please xD. This quirk doesnt have tiers/levels right? You either get morning or night extra dmg and thats it right?

Also, what dmg should the hammer have to get to the 9600 dmg? Level 8 dmg?

Thatā€™s it, and then the quirk falls off for half the day when youā€™re using the hammer haha.

T8 dmg, yes

1 Like

Awesome. Lvl 8 dmg is achievable. I was thinking of getting 2 sets of hammers (night and day) haha. Thanks again! Now gotta go look for a 3x3, lvl 8, quirky hammer to try it.

Idk about specifically trying to gun for buying tools with quirksā€¦ just try to forge T6 hammers using a higher tier draining boon compound deck and you should net a few

1 Like

Its 9600 PLUS the 600 armor therefore you need 10200.
Thatā€™s why the setup still shows is as 2 hits. With Damage lv.9 however still possible.

[EDIT] I am not sure how much damage reduction you suffer when using hammer on inappropriate block, but if it is 50% then it shall be same as the seam.

2 Likes

That does sound right, but I canā€™t say I remember forging level 9 str. Iā€™ll double check when I get home!

I forge it pretty regularly to Lv9, sometimes goes to 10, even for most cases Lv8 is enough. The most annoying part in this exercise is to get the right Quirks, which may cost a lot of Vigor, which may result in not having enough points for the boonsā€¦

I believe ā€œFast hammerā€ or ā€œDurable hammerā€+Fast Brew, will have the job done faster and will be less of a hassle to forge :wink:

Looks like itā€™s possible with a strength bomb buff and no quirks, and not have to hit dmg 10 either

Diamond hammer (dmg 9) + mega strength brew + strength bomb?

I believe in slavework

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of forging mats though!

Yeah, possibly.

On the flip side, trying to target a specific quirk can end up quite costly with forge mats too!

I think the OP was looking to buy them as well, so I guess just whatever would work out cheapest?