How much Damage Does It Take To...?

Just referencing the buff text for carpe noctem/diem :]

1 Like

I dont like quirks so idk much about them in detail xD. This quirk seems interesting though. 1 more question please xD. This quirk doesnt have tiers/levels right? You either get morning or night extra dmg and thats it right?

Also, what dmg should the hammer have to get to the 9600 dmg? Level 8 dmg?

That’s it, and then the quirk falls off for half the day when you’re using the hammer haha.

T8 dmg, yes

1 Like

Awesome. Lvl 8 dmg is achievable. I was thinking of getting 2 sets of hammers (night and day) haha. Thanks again! Now gotta go look for a 3x3, lvl 8, quirky hammer to try it.

Idk about specifically trying to gun for buying tools with quirks… just try to forge T6 hammers using a higher tier draining boon compound deck and you should net a few

1 Like

Its 9600 PLUS the 600 armor therefore you need 10200.
That’s why the setup still shows is as 2 hits. With Damage lv.9 however still possible.

[EDIT] I am not sure how much damage reduction you suffer when using hammer on inappropriate block, but if it is 50% then it shall be same as the seam.

2 Likes

That does sound right, but I can’t say I remember forging level 9 str. I’ll double check when I get home!

I forge it pretty regularly to Lv9, sometimes goes to 10, even for most cases Lv8 is enough. The most annoying part in this exercise is to get the right Quirks, which may cost a lot of Vigor, which may result in not having enough points for the boons…

I believe “Fast hammer” or “Durable hammer”+Fast Brew, will have the job done faster and will be less of a hassle to forge :wink:

Looks like it’s possible with a strength bomb buff and no quirks, and not have to hit dmg 10 either

Diamond hammer (dmg 9) + mega strength brew + strength bomb?

I believe in slavework

1 Like

Sounds like a lot of forging mats though!

Yeah, possibly.

On the flip side, trying to target a specific quirk can end up quite costly with forge mats too!

I think the OP was looking to buy them as well, so I guess just whatever would work out cheapest?

I usually forge the normal aoe hammers (plus all the other things) but if targeting very specific buffs/quirks on hammers (and just trying them), i just buy them for more peace of mind :grin:

I think there golden fist still stocks these.

Werehammers, heh.

2 Likes

If you use the were/sol strategy it requires devastating damage 9 + a mega str brew. It just so happens that this same combo, without the str brew can one hit T7 rocks or with the strength brew it can 1-hit T6 ore. We sell these tools at The Golden Fist and offer both speed and durability variants.There is another strategy in the post nightstar showed which uses a guaranteed crit which can also 1-hit ores, however it is less useful than were/sol.

1 Like

Actually i got 2 hammers (1 night 1 day) from tonezone already. Just finished mining using them. Good stuff. Had +550 dmg so i am sure they were not lvl 8 dmg… not sure what lvl though.

1 Like

I used some were/sol diamond hammers with strength brew + strength bomb and it one hit seams on t6, I’m pretty positive.

The were/sol hammers i used (had +550 dmg on them - not sure what dmg lvl that is) + mega strength brew did 1 hit ores on T6 without strength bombs.

That’s level 10 damage, I think.

1 Like

You need minimum lvl 9 dmg on diamond to 1-hit with were/sol without strength bombs.

http://www.pfiffel.com/bl/dmg/#1,0,4,9,9,1,5,1,5,1,0,0,9,0,0

2 Likes