How much money is in circulation in boundless? and how much quests did it take to do it?

Footfall and shop stands.

2 Likes

Ohhh footfall! I always forget about that.
Shop stands is just money circulating, not money entering the system :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also forgot about that, I dont make enough to notice it tho :joy:

1 Like

There were definitely many players with many many millions of coins prior to the minter even existing.

4 Likes

I know people who mint and people who get footfall. I’d estimate over 90% of new coin generated in, say, March 2020 came from footfall.

2 Likes

Come on, people were making well over 100,000 per hour minting gleam doors. There is still many things you can mint to earn close to that. There is no way footfall even comes close to making the same coin as the minter.

1 Like

i would be shocked if it was only a billion… i would guess it is around 10-50 billion at least.

1 Like

That’s a lot of money :stuck_out_tongue: Do you know many with over a 100 million in money + basket money? :open_mouth:

1 Like

foot fall has been around a lot longer than the minter though… also foot fall was bugged at first and gave a lot more coin than it does now… and there was a lot more players at launch…

i wouldn’t be surprised if the minter is catching up to maybe even surpassed a bit… but probably not drastically.

4 Likes

I was referring to DK stating in March footfall would be making more coin. Over the lifetime of the game, yeah it may be even considering the early days when it wasn’t so restrictive. But currently, minter would be the main way coin enters the economy without a doubt.

2 Likes

i know of at least one player that was in the 80mil range. I’m mostly basing my guesstament off of how easily i got to the 10mil range without really trying :man_shrugging: and i do know quite a few that are that range and much higher.

You’d need a 1000 people with 10mil to get to even 10 billion though. I would be extremely surprised if we even have a 1000 weekly players :slight_smile:

1 Like

This reminds me of “Let them eat cake” and it really shows what’s wrong with footfall, because a tiny portion of the population gets a huge influx of coins where the majority of player probably makes more money minting a random block of dirt they picked up by accident then with footfall.

Boundless is quite a bit more active than it seems at first glance

so 40% of the monthly active users would make for about 1400 daily active users… im sure most of those don’t have 10 million… but those top 1%… how much do they have?

Edit: 50 billion over 3500 players would be about 14 million per player… so probably under that… but seems plausible at least hehe

4 Likes

I’m basing my response on having talked to others about their coin situations, not based on my personal coin situation.

1 Like

I’d estimate 20 players have 100 million or more, 100 players have 10 million to 99 million. Those are vague guesses though.

1 Like

Keep in mind that new players can make over couple 100k with feast. So they do inject this money while buying stuff.

For my part i made around 30 millions from mostly doing baskets and hand trade/contract since launch. Maybe around 350k from footfall.

Pretty sure we are in billions of total coin but is it all in circulation ? Probably not, since some players are inactive.

1 Like

But even all the inactive players still have coin :wink:

They might come back one day and spend it…

I address this obsessively.

The majority of players I spoke to - admitted botters, suspected botters, and fully manual players alike - were making refined gleam and minting that, it proved quite possible to hit the 100k/hour mark doing this, it was much faster and simpler than doors, and for those as interested in the cubits as the coins, the experience per gleam processed was the same.

For some reason mis/un informed people got very obsessive over the doors, and the reason I mention it all the time is because this seems to have led to a very imbalanced fix.

FYI it’s still profitable to refine gleam and mint it. And it’s now one of the few areas where additional effort and materials lower the (mint) value of an end product.

Carry on then …

2 Likes

It’s a band aid, I think everybody knows that. The botters are all still botting.