Okay devs... Here's one of the reasons why some people can't stay invested into the game

I log in fuel my portals stock my store then go play something else. BECAUSE Im not wasting time building things according to a compactness score (I dont get or like) just to have it removed and put in some box because someone with more Dev clout complains.As soon as that compactness update hits Ill decide on leaving or staying.

3 Likes

Urgly naked Oortian character model with diapers is a big minus.
The previous EA models were even much better.

5 Likes

We might get another road map, once some of the fixes go in. Like private creative planets, plot compactness, reclaim system, etc.

Sounds like they had to double back to fix some problems before proceeding with new items/content.

Which makes sense to me. I really dont have a problem with compactness. I think it will be good for the game. I think the reservation perimeter is great too and the reclaim system. I like the way the game is going and I am happy to see the devs resolving problems when they come up.

Please no wipes though. I couldn’t handle losing my almost 1000 hours of builds.

2 Likes

Well it might not be a big deal for you to build in a box but it stifles creativity for some. I would never have had a compactness issue either had someone not tried to box me in and I had to plot my way out using the one open plot I had left to road my way out. Having had to do that though gave me the creative idea of building a rural road and building lil rural towns going down on each side but you see now it will end up being erased so with that it kinda killed my drive to create.

2 Likes

Totally understandable, it will affect others differently based on experience of course. Though, I think the goal is for no space to be wasted in an online environment, and to prevent space reserving abuse.

1 Like

@Stretchious it on target here :dart:

Boundless currently has a pretty constant 3500 MAU (monthly active users). This is 3500 unique players who play at least once per month. And our engagement ratio which is often determined by the ratio of DAU to MAU (daily actives against monthly) is over 40% - which is considered pretty good.

BUT! Clearly we want the game to grow, clearly we want more players in the game, clearly we want the worlds to be busier - and we’re working on the features and improvements that we believe will help achieve this.

When we look at the negative reviews Boundless receives - many commented about the Beacon system and “how terrible it is”. Clearly the system can’t be removed as it’s the foundation for all permissions and interactions in the game. But the punishment players face when their beacon expires was never intended to be a punishment. The Reclaim system resolves this partially. We have a range of other improvements in the pipeline that aim to address other issues raised in negative reviews.

62 Likes

Okay, I wanted to drop in and say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who commented and discussed the subject, I truly appreciate the fact that EVERYONE stayed civil during the entire thing, you all have been understanding of others opinions and that is all too rare on the internet.

So from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for being the awesome and understanding community that you are, there’s no others like this one and I’m truly glad to be somewhat part of it <3.

And also a huge thank you to @james for clarifying things for us “and mostly for my anxious ass hehe…”. I really appreciate the transparency, you guys are the absolute best <3

12 Likes

No, you are awesome :star:

2 Likes

Aaaaahhhhhhhh…

It may go without saying but thank you for putting this out here. I felt like we needed this statement for a long time.

Thank you, wonderstruck. Really.

4 Likes

Seconded!
Nice work, top to bottom. Most appreciated.

My 2c:
Most gameplay overhauls I’ve seen in the almost 18mo I’ve been playing have been met with skepticism and rightly so. Most of them, too have had players championing the change. In my experience, we have overwhelmingly been able to adapt to these features and to see the greater good of the game we love inherent in them.

Secondly, even if a new feature is a year away, a roadmap is invaluable from a morale standpoint. I mean we got several pics of shields and all lost our collective $#17!

5 Likes

for the most part my feelings on this are: unnecessary post is unnecessary.

1 Like

I mean… you say that but we DID manage to get a response from James… which is exactly what I was trying to get with this post, and some of us wanted this kind of response for a pretty long time now so… I wouldn’t say that it was unnecessary, it did spark a discussion which is what forums are for to begin with, it’s good to have these discussions once in a while, as long as they stay respectful and well constructed then it’s still somewhat useful, not everything is sunshine and rainbows, and not everyone is necessarily satisfied with how the game is or how the devs communicate as of recently

6 Likes

The Boundless population explosion is going to come in the form of private servers.

Conan Exiles has 2,422 private servers in Germany alone. And then you figure each private server has between 1 and 50 users…

Unpopular opinion, but private servers are where it’s at.

2 Likes

I’m fairly sure he said those things before tho but this time I’m bookmarking his response in case someone makes the same post again.

5 Likes

Ooohhh yeeaah. :relaxed:

I mean… I could see that happening honestly, for me, as long as the game stays alive and possibly becomes real successful I’ll be happy, no matter if the main population is on the official servers or on private community server, it’s still a big win

2 Likes

good call, I tried to search for a response like this but i never was able to find one… and yet I spent at least 2h that one time searching for one, I guess it’s either my searching skills being a poor, or simply me who didn’t search in the right way…

either way, I’m gonna bookmark this reply too so I can do the same with other posts

1 Like

I lost interest because my guild died, then the remaining guild members had to pick back up what was left of our town, make a new guild and then in the process of doing so people started fighting. It didnt help we had a bunch of people that left the game but their plots remained.

taking up all this real estate that we cant do anything with.

I dont think guilds should be tied to cities, i think cities need to have their own membership system and guilds should only be used for permissions they way they are currently today. Along with things like elections for the mayor of the town instead of simply building the most trash.

3 Likes

I would never support elections for the mayor of a town. All you would need is other players to join a town and then you could take mayor from the player that had spent the most time building the town up. How is that fair? All it does is allow a group of players to mess with other groups of players merely by joining settlements.

6 Likes

Yeah, elections and whatnot sound good in theory, but they are bad news in reality. Its a system that causes a lot of conflicts in groups and is easily abused. It was covered alot right before release.

5 Likes