How much would it cost...?

…in order to convince you (yes, you specifically) to move to a brand new settlement?

I’m just curious - at this point i think most fourm users have their established houses that they’ve worked on - anywhere from several hours to hundreds of hours.

I’m curious how much it would cost in order to convince someone to “move” - by which i mean have your main storage and crafting base relocated to a new settlement - your old build would remain obviously, and it wouldn’t be an exact duplicate, but moreso a new build.

I’m sure there’s tons of people who wouldn’t move for all the money in the world, but at the same time i’m also sure there’s tons of people who are just looking for an excuse to move.

So, i’m curious, how much would it cost?

1 Like

I wouldn’t move for coin. A new planet that I liked or the opportunity to collaborate on a settlement with players I like would be what it takes for me to move.

6 Likes

So in that sense, community and environment > coin?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I have no real need for coin. I generally only buy forged tools and I can easily gather enough to buy my tools and still grow my piggy bank.

2 Likes

Well it wouldn’t be coin or mats that get me to move to a new settlement. It would be players and if the planet it resides on has a decent ping for me.

Collaboration is fun with the right people.

4 Likes

No coin amount. I like the group i’m with now. So maybe it my whole city quit and a new planet randomly appeared the next day lol

1 Like

I’m one of those player who don’t mind moving. But how long I stay after moving depends on both environment (good ping, mainly) and community. Money or mats was never a factor.

1 Like

10 Likes

If everyone around me up and left I would most certainly follow and relocate my main base along with them. I am attached to my build because I’ve put so much time into it but being surrounded by my friends in the community that we’ve got going is more important to me.

3 Likes

Just my main storage and crafting area? Give me the plots and building materials and I’m there.

A rental planet…

Only then will I move again! :smiley:

5 Likes

I probably wouldn’t at all, because the island I’m on is very nice in terms of being a set of flat shelves that stretch a bit far alongside eachother. Those are too fun to work with.

Plus I like Dzassak too much at the moment to “move” everything I own to a new place. :wink:

I moved like 4 times already Bigger a better :laughing: I finally decided too settle down on my next build dough on Houches

1 Like

Yep, this. I’m in the process of moving now, and I’ll still keep working on it regardless, but if a new permanent that I liked were to appear, I’d change my plans to have my new main settlement there instead.

2 Likes

I move around regularly. I’ll build a few million prestige then just demo it over night on impulse.

Generally it’s because I want a change of environment. I like that play style.

I generally always build away from anyone though because other people get upset with the amount of plots used. That’s almost always the reason I live in the middle of no where on every planet I build on.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t take much for me

I love to build so when I run out of plots I tear down, move and start over. Im at my 3rd location on 1 year.

I know, I know, it is silly.

For the right new permanent planet or rental world I would think of moving.

Otherwise I like where I live and would not move for any money amount.

2 Likes

I agree with this. No need for coin only beautiful planet and lovely players to play with.

I would take some screenshots from the old and happily start over.

1 Like

If i had to move it would cost the same amount of coins as in prestige i have. with keeping my own stuff, this way i can have fun and think new challange accepted and have some extra pocket money (or ill stuff it into my character’s diaper), but as for now i have settled down, i prob wont move but… I would buy another 20,000 plots and start somewhere else as bonus.

1 Like

Its not about the cost.
For me its more of a feeling i get when arrive there…
Also people are important… i rather build something with 2 guys that i know and we have similar building styles
… than 50 people of headless chickens.

8 Likes