How to create and manage a huge combustion / kindling farm?

Best advice if your going to make a massive farm for kindling (I don’t farm combustion to annoying). Decide if your building this farm to produce shred for selling it, concrete, fuel or for personal use.

After you figure that out you can decide how often you actually need to harvest it. I do rows of 900 seeds, 3 wide 300 long. The entire farm currently is around 28k seeds if I remember correctly.

I only harvest when I need shred since I only use it for personal building blocks. Which makes it not a massive burden on me.

Hope this gives some insight from my perspective. Best of luck.

6 Likes

Wow. My kindling farm’s capacity is 7200. I thought that’s big because I’m already at the limit of my patience. You have my respect :+1:

3 Likes

I tend to only harvest it once a month. It’s all based on seed production also. I get roughly 900 extra seeds each harvest and 5 SS of shred.

3 Likes

Wow, thanks for telling me about Angel I.
I started making black gravel from my black rocks :smiley:

Thank you all for all your replies! Is is very useful information!

Regards,

1 Like

I have 3 Blocks Width and 900 Long so one row is 2700 seeds

And Like @Ratchel Said you should be clear your self what is your Goal with this Farm only Personal use or for selling RAW or aß crafted Item.

And selling them is Not so easy because the price is Not cheap and ITS nö Mass ware ,

Normal price selling is 50c each but now somebody started to sell them for less so it s possible that the price could drop,
What in my opinion is ridiculous because all who do These Farm Invest time to yield and seed … But If they think their time is nothing worth then they should do IT…

2 Likes

How long until somebody makes a farming script? :smiley:
Would automatic harvesting and re-planting be acceptable?

Regards,

Nope - any scripting that automates the game in a way that doesn’t require the player to actively play is a bannable offence.

6 Likes

A Farming script would only help pc players
we playstation gamers would be mass in disadvantage.

But i am hopening that the farming will be made better for seeding, a tool that seeds 3x3 or at least 1x3 ( 3 seeds beside each other ) that would make the hole farming a bit more attractive for every crop !!!
This was mentioned several times …

For know it is very very time consuming ,
i need 3,5 hours each day for my fields …and i have optimated ervery thing from field setting over chracter setting and speed brews and speedtools …the most time consuming part is seeding from the 3,5 hours is 30 minutes yielding and 3 hours seeding…

2 Likes

I’ve been selling it for less than 50c for months now and it’s totally worth my time even if the price would drop more. Im setup on a 8 day cycle which I can harvest 9000 crops everyday which yields me just under 4 smart stacks of shred and between 200-250 seeds. With my setup it takes me 1 hour a day to harvest and replant.

2 Likes

I thought max yields are 35% for 100% seed?
Or 0% for 105% seed…

Regards,

With the farming epic you get 55% and 100% for a sustainable setup and 20% and 105% for a seed setup

1 Like

I do have the epic…
Hm… I need to check later.

Regards,

I’ve just finished setting up my first little combustion/kindling farm, broke the golden rule unknowingly and used weary mustard gravel (looks over functionality lol) it’s only bout 800 plants of each just for a little concrete for personal use.
Unfortunately I was late to the current exo so waiting for another to get more seed

Does the epic increase show when you look at the crop?

1 Like

I don’t believe so

1 Like

Sadly not, it never shows the added farming epic percentage

1 Like

Tameable livestock that can farm for you.
That is all.

1 Like

It doesn’t. It just applies. Also might be important to know is that the % works in a way that even if you have 35% of getting a crop back, you could get 0 crops from harvesting 100 plants. At each plant you have a 35% chance of getting a crop. So you could be very unlucky and get a very low crop return. RNG is king in this game

1 Like

With Epic you get 55% and you get this percentage , If you have 100 crops you ll yield 55 shreds

Something is wrong for me then.
Will check.

Regards,