How to turn off handcrafting recipes

How do I turn off handcrafting recipes?

1 Like

You can’t/don’t it is kept separate from your machines and benches as it is only accessible via your inventory screen because you have to have the ingredients in your inventory.

From the inventory screen, I see that my character can craft a totem. That is not what I want. I suppose I am not able to remove the ‘handcrafting recipes’ from my screen.

If you are saying that you want to go back to the inventory screen, you should be able to select the inventory tab at the top of the menu.

What issue are you having? What are you trying to do, and what happens when you try it?

1 Like

I find it a nuisance to obscure part of my left screen by the handcrafting recipes panel. For example, i cannot see my character fully when I want to change its outfit because the ‘handcrafting recipes’ panel obstruct its head.

Can you take a screenshot of the issue? What I think you are describing isn’t what I would expect you to see.

The handcrafting panel obstructs the upper left screen

1 Like

Awesome, thank you for adding the screenshot.

That popup is part of the new character tutorial. It’s paired with that red arrow by “inventory” on the right. I think you likely have to follow through a couple steps to get that part of the tutorial to get dismissed.

Thanks. how do I remove the tutorial?

Someone else might know a way, but the only way I’ve ever dealt with it is to follow through it - there aren’t many steps, and it is a good way to get the first few levels on a new character.

Thanks, Rydralain. I will experiment

1 Like

Go to setting and turn off tool tips may do it, or try journal may be able to unpin tasks.

1 Like

Don’t think you can unpin the initial tutorial steps… but you can further down the road. The tool tips may work though.

1 Like

the main tutorial bit (up to placing a beacon i think) can be done in minutes, the popups can be turned off in Settings > game > show tips, or manually managed in Knowledge > tips

1 Like

Messed around with it a bit on an alt that never really did the tutorial. Show tips off does not affect the initial tutorial steps (even restarted the game after making the change to off to be sure) … Setting Up Camp is still there. There is also no visible way to unpin the initial tutorial tasks. I think you just need to do the tutorial through the beginning part then you have more control.

1 Like

Thanks, Ratchel. In Setting, tips are off. But in Journal, Setting up camp is pinned. I cannot unpin. This character never set up camp. I moved it to where my other characters live to set up its beacon.

Thanks. In Setting, tips are off. But in Journal, Setting up camp is pinned. I cannot unpin. This character never set up camp. I moved it to where my other characters live to set up its beacon.

giphy

2 Likes

Thanks. In Setting, tips are off. But in Journal, Setting up camp is pinned. I cannot unpin. This character never set up camp. I moved it to where my other characters live to set up its beacon. I also cannot remove it in knowledge

Thanks. In Setting, tips are off.