How would backers feel about a ‘fan package’ for current players:

Xaldafax’s point was if the devs break the promise to early backers they may as well break other promises. That was my take from that part.

3 Likes

No I wouldn’t push for a wipe, I was just using that as an example because of the excuses given back. I wouldn’t define what it was or IF anything would need to change… just people use the excuse of “we can’t change the original ‘things’ in the game because that was the agreements, blah, blah…” So I am just saying if we change things we can’t use that excuse anymore if other ideas come up.

I want to be a bit more clear here. I don’t think the old tiers should be brought back at all. A specific tier for current fans that would retro apply to all original backers is what I was envisioning.

A fan package would certainly I think be applied retroactively to all previous backers.

What kind of all new type of support thing could be created? Without diminishing what you early backers bought in to? I think havok made some good points .

I also think hitting any sort of mark of x amount spent unlocking perks would be a cool thing too.

As I said, I’ll personally spend a fair amount after the farming update lands. That’s going to happen regardless of any packages being available; it’d just be cool if there was something more than just cubits. That’s all.

@Xaldafax you have a fair point with steam but what about those from the PS4? The first I ever heard of the game was when it was front and center on the PSN store. I hadn’t played a steam game in 3-4 years due to moving across the country and kids in therapy due to autism and etc. you’ve got a fair point on steam users.

1 Like

Maybe they can wait a bit until they have additional costumes and release it as special skins and a small 10% additional plot bonus for lower amounts of money. Make it additive like the upgrade already out.

Edit: I am thinking in the $30-$40 dollar range.

Then the fans and backers have a reason to continue supporting the game. Maybe they can do them as seasonal promotions so they can build up over long years of playtime.

1 Like

@Peyago an additive bonus for cubits spent, or maybe tied in to seasonal packs as well would be a great idea.

I think rental planets (if/when) will be a big opportunity for more people to show their support. It would be nice if there were unique clothing items or special pets that we could also buy…but 1st…farmingggg! lol

8 Likes

I mean rental planets yes. The only thing I’ve been clamoring about longer than farming, lol. But yes you have a great point as well that that would be a fantastic way for us super fans of the game to support. It just feels like that’s much further away than creating a fan package would be, if anything at all.

1 Like

Is that so? I would like to think the people wanted to support the devs in making the game and the items were just a nice bonus on top. Or are people really that greedy for things that they may or may not be able to pontificate with?

I am curious to know how many early backers would indeed have an absolute riot at the thought of something like that being shared, even if it turns out to be for the greater good.

2 Likes

I would love a fan package of any sort :+1:

4 Likes

I would love to have an option to get some sort of package.

I wish I would have known about the game soon enough to secure a backer package however I didn’t.

I am good with that though.

No matter what I will support boundless any way I can be it in the form of gleam club and cubits or rental planets if/when they come or some special package that gets put together.

One thing I will say is if any package does come about it can’t devalue what the early backers paid for.

I have seen some input put forth and a lot of valid points and to the original backers thanks for being there in the early days and securing my chance to play this wonderful game.

7 Likes

On my part being a backer, i do not mind the addition of a “fan package” but i think it would be more interesting to add a cubits bonus instead of plot bonus. This way you can spend it the way you want.

And i do not like the idea to add this feature the the current backer status, i mean you paid for something back then and to me it would make more sense to spend bit more to get the new perks. At the same time you keep giving some fund to the devs team to keep going.

18 Likes

I don’t think it would be a riot but people supported the devs but expected their bonuses. I paid $5,000 dollars myself for what I got… I can decide to not push for something like my own planet but I don’t expect other people to get the same things I got when they did not pay what I did in the time that it was allowed. I don’t think it is fair to allow changes like that.

3 Likes

I am pretty sure what they want the most is the plot bonuses.

I think this planet perk needs to stay for backers status. At this rate i am not sure we gonna see them anytime soon unless they have something in mind other than perm planets.

Plot bonus would be cool, I think 25% would be fine and fair but it’s not even about plots personally. Cubit bonus like you suggested would be cool too. Also any kind of brand new package would be cool if backers didn’t want their specific perks used.

I think a fan level package would just be a cool thing to have outside of just buying large amounts of cubits. I only asked about former backer tiers to have a starting point for the discussion.

(Planet perk didn’t even enter my realm of thought- that seems like something you couldn’t really neuter/slim down from its original state.)

I thought this was already a thing when I saw a “separate” xp bar in the shop :smiley: Shop tab display bug

Turns out it was just a bug.

I’d also like to point out that they’ve backed out of some of their exclusives already, since explorer’s fist is craftable with the deluxe edition.

Would love to buy package for increased % of plots. Don’t really care about access to devs or map making etc but plots would be nice.

Iron Explorer Fist, Wayfarer Totem and a higher percentage of extra plots??

I would love to be able to craft the Wayfarer Totem myself and of course since I love me some plots I would be willing to pay a one time sum to gain a higher extra plots percentage…

Then again I already would be happy if I could buy a Deluxe Upgrade ON PS4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I am willing to pay money to buy a higher plot bonus percentage. I really don’t care much how my characters look in game, only a little, just enough to not look odd but I most certainly will not buy cubits with money or spend too many cubits I earned in-game on more cosmetic items.

So it might be a good idea to do both.

Also, I’ve been seriously wondering about the fists, the Explorer’s Fist in particular, how did early backers feel when the Deluxe version of the game included a golden, better, variant?

How would people feel about a gem based like wayfarer totem for anyone to buy???

To me tho, the only real things something like this could possibly contain is the Wayfarer Totem and a plot bonus, the rest is, like you said, not needed anymore or not feasible…

4 Likes

If a wipe happens I will stop playing…

3 Likes

At the time we very early backers gave our money to the game we didn’t even know what kind of extra’s we’d really get. There were many ideas and talks about it and in the end I for one was really disappointed with us not getting our own item and clothes or whatever.

The bonus on the plots and the extra keys yes those were the perks we knew early on. But if you don’t want people shouting P2W then adding this to the buying option isn’t the best idea.

I also feel that players should stop be envious of EA backers because… well they also went through the whole process of the developing and possible risks it wouldn’t work out. It isn’t fair that players who bought a "finished " game should have the same things.

5 Likes