Hunter Guide

Hunters Guide

Hi, Hunt leader Salt here. If you would like to make tons of money or collect your own materials for forging, then please read the below. Your first hunt will net you at least 34K -you just need to suffer through it, and by suffer, I mean have fun. :slight_smile:

T6 hunting kit
• Planet appropriate forged sling bow or forged gold fists
• 2 forged grapples- gem
• Reviver brews (20 min self rez.)
• Invigorating Pie(+100%health)
• Strength brews (helps with armor pen.)
• Revive augments & a totem (helping fellow players)
• 1 bag of t3 healing bombs (self-healing mostly)
• Loot stick

You might say; “OMG!!! I just started playing I can’t get all that stuff……HOLY COW”
You can make the same amount of money on a t4 hunt “NO WAY” yes way and here’s all you need

T4 Hunting Kit
• Titanium Sling bow
• Titanium grapple
• Revive augments & a totem
• Loot stick

You can also attend a T6 hunt with t4 or no gear at all. Hunt leaders welcome numbers because the # of players dictate the size of the meteor, and the bigger the crowd the better the rewards.

“Where’s my money???” – Its in request baskets nearly everywhere, the larger portal hubs need 1000’s of ort a day to keep their operations running. Go take their money, they actually want you to. Trophies and an animal parts sell well.

“I’m only level 15 how can I possibly go hunting….” You just need to play smart, by dumping all your points into health/health epic/speed & 5/5 so you can survive and treat your first few hunts as learning experiences.

• Hang to the back and ask questions in Discord, and always stay off the ground.
• Start an alt character straight away. (**yes, you need a second character)
• Most important stick with learning to grapple, it took me a very long time, and tbh this is the most difficult part of hunting. Just stick with it!!!

Cookie Cutter Build Slingbow – I prefer speed over grapple mastery, please ignore the 5/5 in exploration that’s the 1 point I flip around for T7 hunts. Stamina epic regen. and health epic are a must to keep you active

Vansten’s Suggestions are great & Very true

"Two small things I might add.

While titanium grapples are faster, gold grapples actually have a longer range, are cheaper, and are still decently fast for keeping up on tier 4 hunts - I would probably recommend those over titanium.

Also don’t necessarily need forged grapples or slingbows for tier 6 - regular unforged gem grapples worked fine for me for ages until i learnt how to forged - while the extra damage and range is nice, you only need to hit them once to get the exp"

Please see below a Fist Build-please note the 5 points in Grapple mastery increase Crit, to maximize damage.

15 Likes

I’d love it if you could contribute this to the Guides section of the wiki so beginners who are used to using wikis with other games and don’t know the shibboleth of searching through random forum posts for basic how-to-play information can also benefit.

2 Likes

Two small things I might add.

While titanium grapples are faster, gold grapples actually have a longer range, are cheaper, and are still decently fast for keeping up on tier 4 hunts - I would probably reccomend those over titanium.

Also don’t necessarily need forged grapples or slingbows for tier 6 - regular unforged gem grapples worked fine for me for ages until i learnt how to forged - while the extra damage and range is nice, you only need to hit them once to get the exp.

1 Like

The Wiki is way out of date, and the community is too small to support it right now. Its too much like work for me. i write SOP’s on Wiki’s for work.

Maybe the Devs can Pin some useful Guides?

Bump it up

1 Like

This is a very informative guide. It’s a little intimidating going to Meteor Hunts since I’m new and under level 50, so glad you laid that worry to a rest.

There is so much to do in the game, it’s tough to prioritize! But I think I’m getting close to opening a shop, so I need mass creature parts and Oortstone.

Thanks!

1 Like

Just one question, does rapid fire increase damage or its just that you dont need click every time?

You just don’t need to click every time.

Thats just 5 wasted points. Mby not for console players

I think the only point is if you make a swift bow, forge it with decreased action speed, and then maybe also if there’s a speed augment. Then it might be able to fire faster then a person could click, but I’m unsure. I haven’t tried it myself yet, just the theory of it.

I personally find both the fire faster and the charge shot to not be useful because of how many times you’ll have to hit things regardless.

Yes, would be nice if they atleast add some effect to that

Agreed! Maybe like adding a debuff would be cool.

I noticed you only have points in kinetic/impulse Armor, not Resistance. Am I wasting points by using both?

I like speeeed brews

I like strength brews so I hit for more dmg makes bows last longer

I have it in both, don’t have the facts and am not on now, but I think it gives protection in different areas, such as (example, not sure of it) one is for bombs the other is for laser. nice to have when on higher level planets.

On grapples, I’ve never compared the gold to the titanium, I am going to take a couple in a storage bin of ignored items, lol, and forge it and see what the difference is.

Making a guess, your hunts start on a platform way, way, way up and you have to jump to you death to get to the ground, right? And I know that some will go you don’t die, you use the grapple and don’t die.

But, you have to have your eyes open to see the ground rushing toward you and I’m afraid of heights, so my eyes, if I was stupid enough to jump, would be closed. Result, death.

Don’t hunts ever start on the ground any more?

All the hunts I run start on the ground and are T6 or T7 and we always hunt Roadrunners while we roam 7-8 pm est

2 Likes

Guess it depends on what type of hunter you want. I run a tank so I have it in all of them. @Ratchel seen me stand in hordes of Wildstock and continue to shoot them in the face with little to no worries

1 Like

Running a hunt in 15 min

1 Like