Hi, Hunt leader Salt here. If you would like to make tons of money or collect your own materials for forging, then please read the below. Your first hunt will net you at least 34K -you just need to suffer through it, and by suffer, I mean have fun.
T6 hunting kit
• Planet appropriate forged sling bow or forged gold fists
• 2 forged grapples- gem
• Reviver brews (20 min self rez.)
• Invigorating Pie(+100%health)
• Strength brews (helps with armor pen.)
• Revive augments & a totem (helping fellow players)
• 1 bag of t3 healing bombs (self-healing mostly)
• Loot stick
You might say; “OMG!!! I just started playing I can’t get all that stuff……HOLY COW”
You can make the same amount of money on a t4 hunt “NO WAY” yes way and here’s all you need
T4 Hunting Kit
• Titanium Sling bow
• Titanium grapple
• Revive augments & a totem
• Loot stick
You can also attend a T6 hunt with t4 or no gear at all. Hunt leaders welcome numbers because the # of players dictate the size of the meteor, and the bigger the crowd the better the rewards.
“Where’s my money???” – Its in request baskets nearly everywhere, the larger portal hubs need 1000’s of ort a day to keep their operations running. Go take their money, they actually want you to. Trophies and an animal parts sell well.
“I’m only level 15 how can I possibly go hunting….” You just need to play smart, by dumping all your points into health/health epic/speed & 5/5 so you can survive and treat your first few hunts as learning experiences.
• Hang to the back and ask questions in Discord, and always stay off the ground.
• Start an alt character straight away. (**yes, you need a second character)
• Most important stick with learning to grapple, it took me a very long time, and tbh this is the most difficult part of hunting. Just stick with it!!!
Cookie Cutter Build Slingbow – I prefer speed over grapple mastery, please ignore the 5/5 in exploration that’s the 1 point I flip around for T7 hunts. Stamina epic regen. and health epic are a must to keep you active
Vansten’s Suggestions are great & Very true
"Two small things I might add.
While titanium grapples are faster, gold grapples actually have a longer range, are cheaper, and are still decently fast for keeping up on tier 4 hunts - I would probably recommend those over titanium.
Also don’t necessarily need forged grapples or slingbows for tier 6 - regular unforged gem grapples worked fine for me for ages until i learnt how to forged - while the extra damage and range is nice, you only need to hit them once to get the exp"
Please see below a Fist Build-please note the 5 points in Grapple mastery increase Crit, to maximize damage.