Hunting: ideas for improvement

Lol, yeah. And a few up on top hitting with sweet new melee weapons…

1 Like

And some one using a totem for the lulz

1 Like

Why you think this would be good?
There are people who dont have “hunt spec” and they are just getting the stuff they need from lowertier planets… this would be bad for casual player who dont have alts or several skillpages.
There is alrdy too much stuff where you are spending your points

yeah, that’s fair. I’m just thinking along the lines of forcing people to specialize their roles on a hunt more, rather than the runkilljumpshoot general chaos that comes with everyone being kinda able to hold their own on the highest level meteors, lol.

1 Like

I personally wouldve liked to see boundless taken class based system… Merchant. Hunter. Etc

2 Likes

Yeah, or a way to more clearly make your own class.

They need to fix healing and tank roles, Healing is a joke, and Tank is non existent in my book.

The 3 classical roles of DPS, Healing, and Tanking should be well defined and have a unique feel to each of them that is positive, and to make it even better they could add sub specializations to the roles. DPS is extremely lacking in Melee, either on purpose, or due to bad game design that will not allow Melee to ever flourish.

Still Waiting for Gem Fist Weapons…They can’t be that hard to add…

3 Likes

For tank, what about max vitality, power, Zeal, attribute, health epic, max armor skills, all three rage epics, inv pie, armor bomb buff, health regen brew, mega aggravating brew, aggravated attacks forge buff, bleeding edge, and a hookshot grapple to stick yourself to the ground with?

1 Like

can you stack three brews?

EDIT: and revive for 4?

1 Like

Only reviver I think.

It is bad game design, if it requires every single consumable you can think of, to be successful at tanking. All roles need to have an entry level point.

And even with all of that, I would still like to see a proof of concept of the situation. because right now as far as I am concerned, DPS can still pull threat off of the tank, and the tank lacks a single target taunt like skill to be able to manage things that get pulled off by mistake. I pull aggro very easy by mistake and I am not even high DPS.

1 Like

Mega aggravating isn’t a buff I think. I think it’s an insta aggro, right?
And rage works separately too, I’m almost sure.
Edit again: so I think you can have at least reviver and health regen and still drink a rage brew or aggro brew just like you would an instant heal

I do agree with that. I’d like for those buffs to be unlocked with skill trees then ‘cast’
Edit: lemmee make a few good quirky bows this weekend and I’d be happy to show you how i ‘tank’ on the next group t7 hunt : )

Revive is brew slot, heal over time is brew slot. I think rage is brew slot, not sure about aggro.

This is from a day or two ago. It has revive, mega str, and rage is active.
Edit: just tested and, with those three buffs active, I can still drink insta heal and mega aggro and keep all my buffs. Dunno how to take a picture of them though…

Yeah that’s more buffs than I’ve ever seen. Insta heal doesn’t take off another buff but i’ve taken off my revive by accidentally taking heal over time.

I’ve never used the rage or aggro so this is interesting to see.

1 Like

Revive works next to all the other brews without issue.

1 Like

You sure about that? Haven’t reviver seen canceling any other brew so far, not that I use heal over time often…

Yeah it must have been another brew. revive stayed on when i took mega fast or heal over time but heal over time replaced the mega fast.

Just tested this minute.

I don’t have any rage, focus, or aggro to test but I bet aenea does…

2 Likes

Taaaaank
But quirks really round it out… I can’t draw enough aggro without aggravated attacks and a pair of matched day/night bows offset not using a str brew :woman_shrugging:
And the energy+ when full up and bleeding edge and energy use- when healthy