I am a game loyalist until the day it ends. But Boundless needs an Overhaul!

I have been noticing that this game needs to be overhauled, maybe not completely, but definitely in a way that makes it less contrived. I call it contrived because nothing is really convenient to make, except for some of the basics, and they are too basic for anyone to really get inspired.

The game seems to depend on the alumni users to provide guidance and progression in the game. Gamers are not everyday people and not many of us like the gang-style mentality of progression which is common in MMOs.

I will just pug along here until I feel that I have been ousted by the more popular users who get the attention of the developers and coerce the game in the direction they want. I’ve seen this happen in many MMOs that have had my username attached to. I’m not going anywhere yet, I just think some big changes need to be made that will allow more inclusivity to the game.

Ever since I started, almost a year ago, I have seen the boundless nature of this game get very limited. See you in game.

9 Likes

A good way would be to include some of your ideas how you think the game should change. We would be able to discuss it here and maybe some of the devs would come and get some ideas as well?

9 Likes

This is true. I tend to not list how I want it to change because often times the discussion is just people trying to change my mind. When I want to discuss a change, not the reason why the change is not needed.

Discussion are never discussions anymore, they are just not.

7 Likes

Please PM me your thoughts then.

I’m currently reviewing various parts of the game to see what complexity / fat can be stripped out. So now would be a really good time to get your criticism + comments. You might find we’re in agreement!

40 Likes

I’ll do that. :blush:

5 Likes

:+1:

Incoming!!! :rescue_worker_helmet:

9 Likes

Just to give a +1

I haven’t played for more than 3 months, and last time I played I had a break for months before that.
I’ve been visiting forums almost daily, checking for news. I really hope to see some bigger changes in the approach because I love the potential this game has, but I hate forgetting what I wanted until I manage to gather materials, craft blocks etc. I don’t want to learn recipes that include more than 5 ingredients or which each includes even more and even those include some more. That’s a hard nope from me.

Every time I start playing again, I fire myself up to make some project and after 5-6 days of grinding with all my heart I just forget what I was grinding for and what was I fired up about.

5 Likes

This is really good news!

I also agree that it would be nice if it was easier to make some things, if it required less farming time (as in spending time outside your place searching for ressources which are burnt quite quickly).

2 Likes

I just think that Boundless lacks things to do for the casual player. There is only so much you can do - don’t get me wrong, if you are a builder, you can build forever - if you like gathering, you can gather forever. But you only get so much variety in hunting and gathering. Doesn’t matter which planet you are on, hunter is exactly the same in different terrain and difficulty. Same mobs, over and over. Gathering is the same, always the same process.

There need to be more things to interact with. Currently there is no good reason to go to other peoples builds. Sure, you can buy and trade and socialize and open doors, but that’s about it. Imagine someone making a roller coaster that you and your friends could enjoy? Then you would actually go back there.

I also really dislike that there is no form whatsoever of pvp battle. We have a semi-great combat system with hammers, axes, bows and grapples. Imagine we arenas that could be build or the duels to be had, spleefs, king of the hill etc. Make player deaths safe and only flagged if you accept to duel or do some like /toggle pvp.

I myself am I builder, but building is only gonna get me so far. I do it all alone. But I also like competitive gameplay, would love to have scoreboards. Maybe highscores for most type of any block used, most chiseled blocks or any category like that. Currently it feels like the only thing we can compete in is prestige and levels, and some people have a huge advantage due to various perks and hubs.

These are my few cents. We have a lovely community but people get bored eventually no matter how much they love a game. I myself am taking a small break due to vacation and only hopping on now and then to maintain my base.

2 Likes

You know whats wrong with the game?

Theres just minority of the player population here and they share their thoughts… usually this ends up being minority gets to vote and wins… majority on the other hand is casual players and those should be listen more i mean… a lot.

21 Likes

This would be fun :+1::+1::+1:

7 Likes

Is this claim based on research? :thinking:

A basic map in the sanctum showing the planets/exo’s and the resources most common on them would go a long way toward keeping newer players, in my opinion. It’d help show the scale of the universe and build excitement for that as well as giving more direction and something to work toward.

1 Like

Its pretty obvious.
Here is like around 30 regular users who write here. Sure here is more registered users but active ones.

Same faces suggestion things… whining about something…

12 Likes

I hope this means we are getting a ‘what is coming’ soon! We are almost at 1 year for the game being out and so much has happened!! What will be coming in the last few months before the 1 year anniversary? Will there be a 1 year anniversary activity?!?

SO MANY QUESTIONS! :smiley: :smiley:
Can’t wait to find out.

1 Like

It is a small thing but if I were to cut out one feature, it would be the Warp/Portal distance skill. Make it so either you’ve got the coin for the warp or the Oort to maintain the portal, or you don’t… that way for example not making a newer player respec for getting to that new exo when already paying the fee and have the possible protections to consider already.

From everything I’ve seen, both devs and players are reaching out on other places like Steam and Twitter and Reddit to try to catch them. I often see folks trying to direct them here.

13 Likes

Yeap i know they do ,but majority still isnt here.

I don’t agree that it’s only 30 regulars here. Farming was voted by the “majority”. Exoplanets was voted by the “majority”. Nearly all QoL were voted by the “majority”. What is the majority anyway?

Everyone here is free to voice their opinion and James said now is a good time to get our criticism and comments out.

yes please, these are usually so much fun :+1:
:star_struck::sparkles::balloon::balloon::tada::confetti_ball::gift::two_hearts::gift_heart::sparkles::balloon:

9 Likes

Whats the “majority”

2 Likes