I believe

In my experience, it definitely saves a lot of time and energy to stay working in the same area of code. Even just a couple months away from one section of a program can cost days or weeks of getting back into it.

1 Like

all jokes aside…
i believe…then after look at my profile picture

1 Like

1 Like

3 Likes

Personally, I think we are nearing the end of the “fixing and update” updates that were bringing the game to where it should have been for release. I can only see one or two more key things that really need to be fixed… I hope that after those (if they are even going to be fixed) that we can move toward more truly new content or an adding of that “soon or promised” list people talk about.

3 Likes

So are you saying I’m the idiot or just James? Or did you have a different meaning by the post? Usually, it is much more helpful to actually provide content to have a discussion instead of just some stupid little graphic when it doesn’t fit the context of my points.

1 Like

Thats some thinly spread hope. After a year long break, I’ve missed almost 0 new developments… as content droughts go, this is like the ocean drying up.

2 Likes

Well in an integrated system this is key. Otherwise you keep having to go back and change those touch points. Much of the view was to stop that. So the system is done at least for a while and we all don’t keep hearing about this change to how something is done, etc. Less impact in some fashion.

1 Like

Well I’m not trying to give hope or anything honestly. Those that are down about things will remain down. Those that can see the bigger picture will hopefully be able to understand where we are and what might be coming. Of course none of it really matters until they confirm what is next after this update… ultimately, these updates interfaced with a lot of things and needed a whole revision for single player and it just took more time than I think any of them wanted. I know they aren’t happy when they think they have something done and then our testing showcases something that needs to be fixed or another use case that must be added.

1 Like

No, not you.

Not in this case, Unless you want to see very negative and maybe slightly toxic statements which may or may not lead to this topic becoming locked, it is best that I do not say anything more about that.

Just leave it alone, I had to get something out of my system after reading that, and I did.

1 Like

It hasn’t been a great day at work so I might have interpreted the comment incorrectly… If so I am sorry. I just wanted to know what you meant. I prefer the conversation and clarity over trying to read into things - I had to do that way too much at work today.

I certainly don’t want my general definition of their strategy to be taken literally as the only way they do things. I was just trying to share some of general thoughts on how some things are viewed or the approach I’ve seen at times on some topics.

So moral of the story from this thread:

1. Dead game is dead until BG3 is out the door and, even then, they may not return to Boundless.

Got it.

2 Likes

If you really want to know or talk about it, you can message me on discord, Where I don’t have to make a public mess of this topic and risk insulting people.

Well you have successfully insulted me, so shame on you! /s

If they need the revenue from contract work (which they are now in-house for) from making BG3, there is little reason to believe that there will be any change after BG3 is done. I think they will most likely move on to a new Larian game, not onto Boundless. IMO, the people who currently work on Boundless, and the development velocity we have now, is likely going to be what we get for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Oh no, Now I have to go buy flowers to make it right. Trundle S 30x30

1 Like

Was kinda hoping that with the Sov funds, and the gleam club patrons and continued support of us players convincing newbs to join that they’d be pushing forward with the Soon tm stuff. Although, I understand things take time it’s been more than a year since the Huntress. We’re still runnin around mostly nude, and I haven’t seen hide nor toenail of Titans, one of the main things that drew me in all those years ago. Pretty sure I’ve been playin Boundless on and off for 4 years now at least. I still adore it! Which is why I still lurk the forum and stream my dumb little challenge, blocked or not.

1 Like

Today, I went on a hunt again after having only been logging on about once a week to check on thing. It was a lot of fun.
But I’m still suffering a bit of burn out.
I continue to be amazed by what people come up with in their building. But my rose colored glasses are still slowly fading.
I think I’ll come back in for another 6+ months after the new skill system with swords and shields goes live.

I believe…

… that we might get some nice lucent exos for this weekend? :pleading_face:

4 Likes

i believe you are right

1 Like