I believe

…that one day 249 will actually release
…that one day the devs will actually focus on this game again instead of side projects (right now, Boundless IS their side project)
…that one day we’ll get most of the content that actually listed on the playboundless web page
…that one day the playboundless site will be updated to be fully responsive

I believe.

13 Likes

That one day Titans will arrive…
…that one day we will have pants…
…that one day the dev’s respond to taunting…

Vote for pants.

10 Likes

I believe we will get local server’s and shields to appease us, a long wait of not much until baldurs is finished and then if there’s still anyone left to love some content - failing that a community run bunch of local server’s .

2 Likes

Hopefully local servers can be modded. I’d be playing on a PVP semi-anarchy no regen until pants come out.

1 Like

… That one day we will get shoes

2 Likes

Titan

10 Likes

Is that the Titan from one of the original videos?

3 Likes

That’s the image from the (broken) features page image

5 Likes

All of those “Coming Soon” features just make the game look abandoned tbh.

Also you already load mods into the sandbox, i havent looked but i would imagine its the same with local universes.

In any case the short term goal appears to be get local universes out and then let private servers deal with adding content ala bukkit/spigot style with server side mods.

2 Likes

Is there any tangible reason to believe this other than the existence of private servers?

The “coming soon” part ruined me :joy:

3 Likes

Have you seen the full features page? Lots of “soons” all around. Some we have, though.
Also at least one that we don’t have that isn’t marked as coming soon.

3 Likes

Also, that original portal design is amazing, so sad that current gen can’t handle it

1 Like

I think I did at some point after getting the game…

Imagine how awesome it would be to have all those creatures. :disappointed: Huh. And some of the armour bits they had. So many hopes and dreams for this game.
But my confidence in seeing any of it is dwindling.

4 Likes

Do you have a source for this? Feels like it’s just getting started. It’s been 3 and a half months since the last BG3 update and as far as I can tell the next patch is only really adding one new class and some cinematic fixes to the game. Still can’t proceed through the underdark area or get above level 4 right? I think it’s got multiple years left to go before a release at the current pace.

Since the part of the Turbulenz team that was working on BG3 appears to have been moved to become a new Larian studio separate from Boundless, I don’t think any of this is relevant.

That point aside, it looks like Larian said that BG3 will be in early access for at least a full year.

1 Like

The creation of a new studio doesn’t necessarily mean the contractual work has ended, does it? And I didn’t see any messages of Turbulenz employees leaving to join said studio outside of something someone posted about Leah joining them?

I’m sticking with my multi-year assessment. If I’ve learned anything from backing EA games it’s that date goals are often very wrong :joy:

In this article, summarizing part of the stream this was announced in:

The new team consists of long-running developer Turbulenz. Led by CEO James Austin, the team was founded in 2009 by former EA and Criterion staff, and is best known for creating HTML5 game engine and recently working on Boundless with Wonderstruck Games.

Speaking on the stream, Austin said: “We started out with 10 people supporting Baldur’s Gate, it’s doubled since then, and most recently we’ve expanded our animation expertise, bringing people in from the movie industry. People who have worked on Star Wars, The Avengers, Read Player One and Lord of the rings.” He added: “The plan is to double the team that we have in Guildford.”

They seem to be saying that all of Turbulenz is now Larian Guildford, which means that either Boundless is under Larian now, or some other company change will split it off, possibly the Wonderstruck team won’t be included in the move? Impossible to say for sure, but James seems to be saying that Boundless will be unaffected by the change.

It’s not done until it’s done!

3 Likes

Interesting. Looks like as of Jan 9, 2020 they had 17 employees (page 6, line 3).

So if they went from 10 to 20 working on BG3 then that would explain the slow updates to Boundless. And if they want to go from 20 to 40 for Larian…at the very least it will potentially lower the number of applicants to work on Boundless stuff to make up for the folks moving to the Larian studio.

I think saying Larian has created a new studio in the UK and that being independent of everything Boundless shouldn’t be read as though Boundless will be unaffected. Looks like it’s very much going to be affected. Especially if James is joining the Larian team. :pensive:

1 Like