I broke it, and I LOVE it

Well I mean actually replacing the block texture with a translucent block skin/texture such as glass.

Ditto buddy. . . ditto.

2 Likes

Exactly, that probably wouldn’t make it possible to see the block behind it. But just getting the game to use the alpha data from the texture proved to be futile, might be possible, but not easy.

Which begs the question, if it is theoretically possible. . . how to police/prevent it?

You misread me, I said that wouldn’t probably make the blocks behind other solid blocks visible, even if you could get it to use the alpha-enabled shader.

The bigger threat is the fact that memory seems to contain the block data from hidden blocks too.

1 Like

Sorry and thank you for the clarification.

If you think about it tho, mods to remove grass so surface resources are easier to see do feel kinda iffy too, especially when you mainly play on a platform where you can’t use mods…

Or what about the one with easier to notice meteors?

1 Like

Yea cross platform modding has never left me feeling great. You have an obvious advantage represented by a specific player base, and I say that as a PC gamer.

2 Likes

I wonder what kind of a stance the devs have on borderline stuff like that. But even without mods PC has an advantage simply because the in-game options are better, so where do you draw the line.

I don’t even understand why anyone would feel the need to do it, but I guess as competitive as it seems the t7 gems make folks, then it would make sense.

That said, the atlas and a resource is the only cheat I need :joy::joy:

3 Likes

If it is as easy as in MC then ist a simple matter of Setting solid blocks to beeing handled like air, put a see trough/invisble Skin on all except resources and you have it.

You say its the texture pack you shoved in there, but lets be honest…you figured out how to eat the flotation sacs didn’t you? Teach me oh great one!

5 Likes

recipe

2 Likes

I guess we need an item in the shop that allows you to see the world like this…

1 Like

Oort Booze! :beer:

3 Likes

Shouldn’t need to worry about xray texture packs because all the block data is stored on the servers and the servers know the blocks are solid and shouldnt render anything behind the blocks you’re looking at.
Texture packs (or replacing the block textures) only change how the blocks are rendered to you.

2 Likes

ayyyy you know this is a long time proven wrong right?

1 Like

ort ringer caps. found near wild stock dung on toxic worlds
Alan

1 Like

Nope!
Heh not a code expert… just what ive heard.

I believe I’ve seen something about occlusion checks somewhere. Even if you set textures to invisible, I don’t think the game renders blocks you can’t actually somehow see.

2 Likes