I broke it, and I LOVE it

It’s not as much fun mining as it is looking at the builds. Still, I’m honestly not fussed to fix this for a while.

I tossed in someone’s texture replacements without bothering to read any instructions or anything. Not sure if i put them in the wrong texture directory or the naming has changed but either way it’s pretty neat. For a minute … :rofl:

10 Likes

I am so baffled. This is fantastic.

2 Likes

Awesome!!! It reminds me of this cool stuff:
SX425

12 Likes

MMmmm those gem blocks

Yes!

6 Likes

Yes that’s exactly what I was thinking of but could not remember it’s name!

We used to have slap bands, I think they were called, with that graphic on them. That was nostalgic as hell.

3 Likes

holographic prism :grinning:

6 Likes

I generally prefer to see what others see. If I could trim this up so that it affected the deco and glowing block types and not everything, I would be tempted to keep it long term.

1 Like

I don’t know what files are in that mod, but maybe the block types that it effects are listed and you can delete some (or set them to “0” instead of “1”).

I also prefer to savor games, as the devs had intended… without any mods. Once in awhile - some are worth it.

2 Likes

I’m trying to find fante’s place. It definitely looks better in places that aren’t all light colored blocks.

2 Likes

I think Ultima in Eresho has a lot of dark color builds. I wonder if it shows through water

Dang! We fancy now! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Did it color the plant too? If so, I neeed this confetti plant!!! @AeneaGames you have fabulous plants lol

plant

5 Likes

After giving up on randomly wandering fireborn, I searched the forum and found this thread:

None of these portals exist any more. Meh …

Just 'bout had my fun, time to re-install lol.

Lots of sparkly stuff looking though!

2 Likes

You don’t need to re-install, just verify the steam files and it’ll download the few you broke.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks for the tip!

1 Like

That’s because I take care of my plants and give them water from different planets, hence the confetti :joy:

Hmmm, this sounds eerily like tint farming!

3 Likes

Handled in moments. Thanks again.

1 Like

So I am wondering if the endgame of modding texture replacements for some are to make rocks translucent so that mining will be exploited. I already wonder if it’s not happening based on some of the mining patterns I’ve noticed. Just a thought.

1 Like

I don’t think the game renders blocks that are hidden, and just modding the texture to be transparent wouldn’t make the game think it’s now visible. But I haven’t actually tested it so there’s that.

1 Like

Daaaaaaamn that’s brutal. That’s even better than mapping them out of the game memory.

I’ve been told that I was over-paranoid due to this. TBH I’ve mined a LOT and some of what I saw on a recent exo turned me off pretty hard. Nothing concrete, just …

Yeah.

3 Likes