I can't find any people in servers

I’m trying to get into the game and want to see what is like in its currents state however none of my close friends own the game so i have been trying to join servers however every server I have joined has been from what I can see empty as no one is responding to chat msgs. Is there a reason for this or do people just not really talk?

The chat range is restricted and not global, so that might be a reason for you not getting any response.
Another reason might be that the game is still in a quite early stage, so most of the players only occasionally log in to check the progress the devs made.
If you want to play together with people you might look into those threads:

PS: Please consider using the search function before you make a new thread in the future. There are already plenty of threads with people asking about the lack of players.

1 Like

i placed my town far away from the cental teleport point so i cant read you chat becouse the chat is only a say chat and no world map chat.

and i think the most people place their towns far away over the big worlds so its not easy to chat with other people.

the ground why the most people build far away is griefing.

i hope this post will help you.

if you want play with other people do it like vastar it say and write in the post from the other peoples

sorry about that Im really new so I wasn’t 100% on where to go for this kind of thing and am now feeling stupid for not using the search bar which is what I will use in the future

1 Like

I’m hanging around the Gortnen marketplace a lot of the time when I’m on. I haven’t seen anyone but me around lately, but it’s a holiday season and I expect some folks are busy with other pursuits. You might see me on if you happen to wander over to the market area. (See that thread for the coordinates.)

Surprised no one has mentioned this yet in this thread (but it is mentioned plenty on the others). The game is in pre-alpha and many backers who aren’t as into building as they are into other features are just waiting for more content before devoting any real time to the game (myself included).