I choose to be a better Oortian

I have complained enough. I have read enough complaints as well. Boundless needs to get its mojo back, so I’ll do my part because all I can change is me. I went out exploring tonight and I have not done that in a long long time.
I have been out in the woods, so self-absorbed, that I have neglected the community. I owe the community an apology. I lost my first love. I felt like a youngling again out there hopping around :smile: I vow to go explore somewhere new and meet new friends every day from now on. There are people who are expressing themselves and I am missing it. I am sorry we are not better friends. That’s my fault for being a hermit. I don’t even know most of the major cities or capitals. I have nothing I need to prove. I am ready to get back to the simple beautiful thing about this MMO - the friendships and the wonder. I’ll come see you, I don’t need a portal or a token. I hope you’ll do the same. Let’s be better together. And @devs, give incentive for exploring and wandering so others will find this simple joy for themselves.

43 Likes

I too have been making an effort to come out of my hole and actually talk to other players. In last last few weeks I got to meet WakeNBake and Rolco on my home planet Lutrion, Errol the OZ huntmaster and the esteemed Aenea of Trung. It is so easy yo get lost in your own projects but sharing the game with other friendly people makes it so much better.

8 Likes

You are always welcome to come explore with me ^^.

I explored boori yesterday and added few beacons for some cool locations.

My goal is to fill all atlases. Few left :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I know, right?
Just finished exploring Trior.:sunglasses:
Ah, the joy of a grasshopper! Simple life, no shops, no portals to keep, just amusement for the eyes (and ears). If we could only smell those fields of flowers, feel the scent of twisted aloba (or wildstock dung, oops).

5 Likes

I’m always out meeting new people and going new places but that’s just who I am and what I love about this game the really friendly people you meet on it. Come to Arie and River Towns we are a great friendly bunch here. When I first come to Arie I was overwhelmed with friendly people that I made it my home and guild. Join the friendship of this game and travel your going to have a long friends list :hugs: Good luck

3 Likes

I’m very guilty of this as well. I should go and explore more.
But I really appreciate the Boundless Trade website, because it leads me to these amazing places I’ve never been to before.

3 Likes

Someone should set up some guided tours :laughing:

4 Likes

It is always nice to go take a long hike around and aimlessly wander across worlds and through portals. :slight_smile: Although I tend to make more photo expeditions of them myself! But I think Boundless is a good game for introverts like us, it can draw us out of our shells a bit. I’ve certainly been more social in the game than I have in any other so far - I’m used to communicating with people online, but tend to be a serious loner while in games. But here I’m making friends and even working on a project with someone. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

That is the “problem” if you explore with Buugi… you need beacons, fuel, and plots… he finds a building nook where ever he goes… Of course I love having that “problem” :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I think Henry David Thoreau just turned over in his grave.

“I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practise resignation, unless it was quite necessary. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life, to cut a broad swath and shave close, to drive life into a corner, and reduce it to its lowest terms…”

6 Likes

I remember what that was like. I let getting burned pretty bad make me bitter. I am over it now. It’s not healthy for me to isolate.

Even though I have beard envy and you terrify me a little, I will do that.

Give us VR!!!

I will.

I agree. Thanks.

Lol you are right. And I respect his writings very much. But it’s a bit trippy to assign his meaning of nature to a digital recreation.

5 Likes

Dude… don’t you know we all are living in a simulation. Matrix, Elon… GEEZ… you’ve been smelling the Wildstock poop too much!

3 Likes

Lol’ed pretty hard at this one

4 Likes

its true i see badly programmed drivers daily
and there’s bug’s in my boss payment system

8 Likes

Resurrecting this thread…
I think people should post directions to/coords for their bases.
So many regulars I see on here and I have no idea where any of you live!! Would love to do some visits

4 Likes

You know where we are :v:t3:

For anyone that doesn’t.

Blingz’N’Thingz
We have portals in all major Hubs; Meteor Meet, TNT, DSK, Coinland, Nova Golda, Ultima (tree and mall) Sasquatch, Naughty Mall, Gyosha Mall.

Look forward seeing you and, you checking out our shops and Lottery :v:t3:

2 Likes

@bucfanpaka where do you live?! :smiley:

And @crazyclaws

Just tell me to go away if you’re a hermit :laughing:

1 Like

Do not go east of the Bitttula PS hub. Im not finished!

3 Likes

I’m at Elysian Fields on Alder - portals to my place are at TNT, Sasquachville, Reaper’s Tower of Power, Legendville Mall, and April’s Awesomeland. Thanks! :slight_smile: Any need coordinates I can grab those too! I’m going to start building on Gyosha soon too, I grabbed a nice spot and it is possible long-run that could become primary, but that would be a long ways off for sure.

I totally agree too on people posting where they are - like, I had been meaning to ask @Creegle who started the topic where his place is. There are several folks like him who I chat with here on the boards and/or run into in the wild that I don’t know where they are actually set up in the game. If I knew I’d drop by - especially on weekend mornings, I love to just wander around and take in the sights. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay I will pay you a visit some time! And yes, @Creegle! I meant to ask too after running into you yesterday

2 Likes