I choose to be a better Oortian

I’m always exploring. Always curious to see what’s over just that next Hill or cross that next River. Sometimes I wish there were settleable planets that we’re not common knowledge that may be only one or a handful of people have discovered. Perhaps a planet that no portals can go to permanently except maybe from the capital of that planet I suppose

2 Likes

Is it even possible to associate the names of people here in the Forum with the names of Characters in-game unless they post it in their Profile? There’s no way in-game to find out (without asking), is there?

Some do use the same or similar names, like Creegle. In my case, my PSN profile name shows, which is the same as what I use here, and part of it is my character’s name. I definitely recognize some of the names I see running around, but I know there must be a lot of others I’m seeing that I see on here but just don’t know it is them.

1 Like

I’m Trickyy90 here and in game and my psn… Kept it simple!
But yeah, if your game name is different please post that too so I know who you are in game!!

2 Likes

Like me. My psn is Ven1mm3 so thus my name here. But my in game name is Mag. If I could change my forum name I would so people could recognize me lol

I’m in south end Kindred Bay on Sorissi btw. Base is named Mad Mag’s

3 Likes

I’ve added you to my list :smiley: I’m determined to come see you all!

3 Likes

You forgot to tell us where your base is :thinking:

1 Like

My base is on Exodus and my main girl’s name is Egora, I have a alt who is Egora II (so original, lol) and my forger is JadeMan. Those two almost never leave the base except to do some shopping when they have enough coin I can use. Ortherwise they are forced to do hard labor on cooking (Egora II) or forging (JadeMan).

If you find Exodus look for the lighthouse. I have Yet to finish putting up the flame in the brazier and fix some blocks that I accidently busted out and so now look weird, but it is home. Across the river from my lighthouse is a somewhat ugly cabin that is JadeMan’s workshop, it is underground

@bucfanpaka and I have been working on a pool and recreation area on her settlement but it got sidetracked by my health problems, life in general and some demands of my shop. And for some reason, my internet is constantly having problems and I get kicked out of the game.

6 Likes

I’m the little wood nypmh of Melissa Majoria btw :slight_smile: portals at River Towns Arie hub “Trickyy’s” and at DKs Ultima tree on Eresho “Melissa Majoria”
My base is no where near complete andi have a habit of starting things and not finishing them but I just broke the 1mil prestige mark!

5 Likes

When I saw this game advertised years ago I thought thats what it would be. Hundreds of planets. But now that I’m here I understand why thats not possible with the current player base/server cost. Here’s to hoping farming will bring in hoards of quality players (non trolls) :beers:

4 Likes

Ohh but it’s so tempting now!

1 Like

me and andysav on release made a massive library with a sell and collect system for free on mary x i did not activate it yet but maybe i should

you think this could work?
is like a massive storage to collect location tokens with a trade system using shopstands

thats awesome then you never leave like me :smiley:

3 Likes

I can’t say I understand how it would work, but it sounds awesome to me! :laughing:

1 Like

This is certainly a nice post, but I feel like it’s doing what real-life extroverts do to real-life introverts by making them feel like they’re wrong for being the way they are–for choosing to spend time alone / in the company of a few people they care about.

I personally /try/ to make some connections here, but it’s difficult for me as I’m mainly a solo player, and I’m a huge introvert at heart. And that’s totally okay. There’s nothing wrong with playing that way. So don’t feel badly if you do, because there’s nothing wrong with you.

3 Likes

I hear you there. I know I tend to network a bit. But I too am an introvert. Interaction takes me “energy” rather than giving it. Thats not bad, but I find myself hiding out a bit when I’m overwhelmed. I let myself go ahead and do that so i can be positive and objective the rest of the time. So, that being said, I think your right. Solo is ok. And like @Creegle said originally, be positive when we do interact.

5 Likes

Oh don’t get me wrong, I spend 98% of my time in this game by myself and very happily so :laughing: there’s nothing wrong with being an introvert at all!
But nor is there anything wrong with encouraging interaction either :slight_smile:

5 Likes

we made a massive storage building ande each themed “bookshelf” has various shopstands and request stands to collect and give out cool location tokens off people basically a real library collection off locations in the game we just looking for a librarian our a guild to use it our when time make one myself
but explorer guilds are useless atm cuase they dont have mission provided by game

2 Likes

Ditto all this - what is interesting is, as I mentioned earlier, Boundless is actually the first game in all my years of playing where I’m not being a total introvert. It has really got me to come out of my shell. :slight_smile: I interact a ton on the internet, on boards and social media, for other games, but never before while actually IN the games, or at least not to any big extent - even in ESO, I’ll loosely group sometimes, surf zergs, and be in guilds, but I’m still basically off doing my own thing, not being social. Combination of great people and a great game here, my ideal in many ways, has gotten me more social.

5 Likes

Let’s just say that access to my build is not yet public. However, I would delight in giving advanced tours. Let’s do it like this then, on the day you want to hang with me for a bit, PM me or discord me and I’ll meet you and take you out. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I’ve been noticing these interesting wayshrines popping up on some world’s with certain names in a guild book :wink: they look really nice! Archaic style I feel. I will not name names but great job!

2 Likes