I hate fueling big portals. Please allow 2 stacks of shards in big portals

72 shards plus incredibly expensive ichor

3 Likes

Yeap thats why everyone here says its broken… cause it doesnt make any sense to make those.

5 Likes

Agreed way to expensive considering cost of materials and you lose time compared with the basic materials.

1 Like

Then I don’t think its a problem with how portals are fueled, but rather an overlying problem with how unnecessarily expensive it is to craft and use oort amalgam. Maybe the recipe for oort amalgam could be adjusted, or a better way to collect the ichor is needed.

2 Likes

Multiple stacks in portals please! Yes :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree, big portals that would take 2 or 3 “jumps” to cross the distance and make the portals smaller are difficult to maintain. (linking level one EU to level one US E, or US E to US W, etc) I think this is actually the root cause of the complaints. The “starter” worlds are where a lot of people like to stay, but the game wants us to move to more hostile worlds in order to have more convenient portal capabilities (ie, the level 4 planet I live on can connect to most level 4 or 3 planets with only a 2x2 or 2x3 portal size regardless of server group, but between two level 1s of different server groups requires much much larger portals). I have however, given up on this campaign.

The last time we pushed and pushed we got Oort Anagram, which would be fine (really I’m ok with it) but after the only level 7 exo hunt I have ever been able to attend I only got like 12 of the icor so not really enough to craft a meaningful amount of the stuff. I’ve gotten a few random bits of it over the rest of the time from dormants, but I doubt I have much more than 20 of this rare ingredient sitting in my chests.

You should be allowed to use compacted Oort for fuelling portals :clap:t3:

9 Likes

Ichor more for ima take a week vacation lol

3 Likes

If the smaller player trys to bite off more then he can chew, by opening large portals then yes, but if the smaller player is smart, they can get by with just setting up 1x2 portals, connecting them to a portal network, i highly suggest Portal Seekers. and piggy backing off of their larger connections., small portal last for about 5 weeks before needing to be refueled.

Oort is extremely easy to get for anyone who is willing to go on to a public hunt, and just blindly follow a hunt leader around for a few hours, you don’t even have to do much, things die so fast that most people most likely will not care if you are just there for the loot and cant help out.

If for some reason you insist on making your own large portals and connections, then you will pay the price for it.

The way Amalgam is designed is to sacrifice efficiency for extra time. It’s meant to be more efficient to use Oort Shards, but the balance means you gotta fuel it more often.

However, I have no opinion in this as of yet

How about compact oort can go into portals now up to a ss. We can compact them why can’t we use as fuel like compact coal.

3 Likes

If oort amalgam smart stacked with shards that would solve the problem. You would put oort shards in the front of the stack and amalgam at the back of the stack. So it burns the cheap fuel first and only burns the expensive fuel as a reserve if you do not reload the cheap fuel in time.

5 Likes

Yeah that would be good too

I dislike how so much new content is exo-locked (concrete; oort Amalgam, etc.) in addition to Amalgam being literally pointless to the upper 95th percentile of players.

Allowing large portals to take compact oort would be a huge QoL improvement. I know, portals being a pain in the rear is how the game is supposed to be but does it really have to be that way? Is the struggle to find oort not PITA enough these days?

4 Likes

EXO and farming locked.

3 Likes

Yup, that too with the abysmal crop and seed returns lol. Too many gates.

2 Likes

I too, dislike how so much of the new content that does come out is locked behind resources that can only be obtained on these non-persistant non-regenerating planets. Can we have a source for some of these materials that isn’t on a time-limited first-come-first-serve basis?

I haven’t even begun farming because of this very reason. Its next-to-impossible to set up anything that could self-sustain itself with seed drop rates never getting to 100%.

3 Likes

I’ve got a decently sized farm with good crop rates.

I have yet to make any inorganic farms, though…

It costs 10% shard duration, for a 3x fueling duration.

What should it be?