I have declared the following mountain illegal: Borld 233N 1222E

Yesterday

Today

Still a lot of work to do!

why don’t just tear it down with bombs?

You don’t want to anger the umbris gods!

Bombs destroy the resources

I’ll be back at it for a little while tonight hopefully :smiley: the place is an utter death trap though now hahah so many places to fall to your doom.
I went through about 9 hammers last night!

2 Likes

The weird thing is that even though it’s super mined out, the hotspot is pretty much unchanged.

WHERE IS IT ALL HIDING???

@LunaiHunter bombs sounds fun though.

Maybe with 1 hour left let’s send a bunch of people in there with bombs to see how much damage we can do in an hour?

1 Like

How much time is left on the planet? still want to mine some. Anyone have sapphire speed hammers for sale?

I’m currently here at the mountain, seems very lonely lol. Atlas still lit right up with potential umbris. Not sure what Alt seems to be hiding the bulk but I’ll play around until it seems like hitting more and more of it.

Well found where all the digging was happening :stuck_out_tongue:

maybe try higher up than normal based on this

Seems more based on distance from surface than a standard height range, so very middle of the mountain ranges might have it higher up since the tops are higher in alt but then it drifts downwards as the mountains taper down in altitude.

3 Likes

Yep, more I play with it more I’m convinced there is a particular sweet zone for the seams at somewhere between 40-60 under. After a bunch more mining I think the optimal place is 50 - I’m still not working with a massive sample size, but I am seeing the largest seams there. If you see hard coal with medium fossils above, right spot. :slight_smile: That is the 50 dividing line. I’m trying to stay RIGHT above the lowest point of mediums, doing the best mining for it I’ve ever done.

Anywhere you see fossils really, tear it apart. Find plenty even in worked areas that way when people ignore the fossils. :wink:

5 Likes

Do you think something similar applies to rift/blink?

1 Like

I think prob not with blink, it is so low and I’ve never noted a difference in the spread, but I am curious about rift… it has a wider range than blink though not as great as umbris. Next rift that pops I’m really going to play with it and see if I can find a correlation.

3 Likes

Blink definitely not.

I always go to the lowest altitude and I get the entire hotspot just from mining there.

Some times you get a bit more in the layer above.

But umbris probably doesn’t follow the altitude rule. I’ve seen this happening multiple times but I’ve never figured out where it actually hides

2 Likes

120-130 seems to be the sweet spot with Umbris. I got 700ish from 6 diam spd hammers using starberry pie. And it was after the hotspot was already mined pretty good.

It can be, which is what got me onto the surface distance theory - in one spot I was in, the 120s were pretty much empty, and often that IS a pretty good area. But I also noticed there was tons of hard coal around in that spot, and it clicked that I usually didn’t see much umbris when there was lots of that.

Sometimes the alt changes of that sweet spot change pretty rapidly based on the surface terrain. Could be good to scope out the surface of a hotspot first to get an idea of what you’re looking at.

2 Likes