I keep coming back but

There is nothing in this game I actually enjoy anymore except actually, actively building. I really, really enjoy that.

You’ve got my play style backwards. I would have never bought more than five coils if insta craft was a thing… I would have never paid for cubits if I could turbo craft for exp. (Excluding stone). Maybe what you’re talking about could be an irl money subscription… no craft times and free exchange items for $10-15 a month… I’d buy it

1 Like

I’m 100% fine with real $$ for a craft time reduction or elimination but you will have the entire forum warrior community standing at your door with pitchforks if you talk further about it. I proposed this exact point in a thread a while back and was digitally assaulted for it.

There’s this ridiculous notion in games like this that those who want to simply enjoy their favorite elements of the game “without putting in the work” (as though this is “work” in any real sense) just want “handouts” and you’ll have ample posts crying foul and stating as such. It’s, honestly, infuriating and makes me really worry about the human race lol.

But, yes, I would HAPPILY drop $5-15/mo for the dramatic reduction or elimination of craft times.

4 Likes

Try to find people that would rather explore and mine/gather… offer hammers for mats etc

That still leaves me with the craft times. As I said above, I don’t enjoy gathering anymore and I’ve done so much of it (I literally wrote the guide on mining on this very forum) but I’m fine with doing it if, once I’ve got everything gathered up, I can quickly craft it out and get to building. There’s nothing worse than spending literally WEEKS mining hundreds of smart stacks of iron ore only to realize after each trip where my inventory is literally full of just iron ore smart stacks that I’m staring down literally WEEKS of waiting for it all to be ready.

During “weeks” of mining, your crafting should be simultaneously completed. :\

3 Likes

Maybe build for other people then. Contracts or something idk.

1 Like

at this point im 100% sure that you actually want only what you think the game should be… i didnt see one post that agrees with your opinion… you are trying to get out of this game what its not… and idk i think you should find some other game or something… im first in row to keep people playing, but i also think that is myb better for you (and frustration relief) to just find a game that meets your needs…

EDIT: Just please dont get me wrong, im not trying to be a **** here… just my opinion… since i dont think any of what bothers you will be changed soon or at all…
all the respect for you man peace :slight_smile:

1 Like

If all you like to do is build, offer your services as a builder. There are many, including myself, who would be happy to provide all building materials for someone to build something glorious in their city and pay you a good amount of coin for your troubles.

Pitch me a build idea for my city. Quote me a time frame, materials needed and cost… I’m sure we (or many others) could come to an agreement so you get to do what you love doing.

6 Likes

I quit the second this happens.

6 Likes

It happens. I notice you don’t include hunting or mining in the list, but still …

When you identify 6 aspects of a game and point out that you don’t enjoy 5 of them, it may be time for that sad farewell.

How will you get plots? Or the materials, tools, etc …

It doesn’t sound like crafting times are the issue here tbh.

4 Likes

Well problem solved! Crafting is not work in any real sense! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I don’t get this full quote tho. No idea what this has anything to do with handouts, it does, however, create a sense of ‘pay for an advantage’ which I do not agree with at all.

Like DK, I would stop playing when that would happen…

2 Likes

I have 3 characters each with 3 full skill trees (300+ skill points each). I think at last check I was somewhere around a total level of 350 or 400 across them (quick napkin math shows it would have to be at least 50 + 50 + 50 + ((25 * 2) * 3) = 300 and I know I have extra points on all three beyond this.

I have thousands upon thousands of plots across these characters. I could just about cover an entire, small planet by myself right now.

1 Like

Craft times aren’t my gripe and I’d much rather see some narrative content before anything else but if some additional way came along to entice more money out of me to support the game I wouldn’t be mad

James mentioned info coming on private worlds soon. Entirely possible creative modes may be coming. The game would benefit from options.

2 Likes

With that in mind, and without trying to antagonize, you, I still feel like there’s another piece of ‘the puzzle’ missing.

I know i could blow 100 stacks of iron ore into machined in probably 6 - 8 hours. It would take me at least 12 - 14 hours of mining to acquire that. Solid, dedicated mining.

It honestly sounds like the problem runs a little deeper than that. I guess I’m just trying to get a feel for what you want to do that’s so big, in a game you don’t otherwise enjoy, that words like weeks and months have come to fit the situation.

3 Likes

Front from atop the guild hall

Front from bottom left showing initial chambers

First set of furnaces

Second set of furnaces

Storage tower
Four stories of hundreds of shop stands each. The shop stands alone took literally 3-5 days to craft (just to sit in the machine and craft) and this was WITH splitting across many fully-coiled machines.

Each story looks as follows

Factory
Right now running 3 of each machine type fully coiled but I have dozens of extras of each machine still floating way up in the sky above this new build.

Top-left view

All of this is primarily refined and machined iron + ice + refined gleam for backlighting.

The point is that this build is VERY much a work in progress and I have plans to triple the size of this thing but to do so I’m staring down days and weeks worth of just idle craft times and I just can’t bring myself to do it.

Paying for an advantage over others who can’t or won’t is just a big no-no.

No matter what your opinion on that is others have a different one, no reason to dismiss their opinions…

Ahh, seen the latest numbers for PS4 then?
No? Then stop making stuff up.

Wow, just wow. It seems you want a totally different game than what we have now. What if there is a creative mode where only you can build stuff to show off to everyone who comes to visi, ohh, wait, no, that won’t be possible then. You will be surrounded by all the mats you desire, you can build anything you want, but no one to share it with.

May I interest you in a voxel drawing program? Same effect really…

Also, your replies are getting more and more ehmm, negative towards others even tho I’m sure most of us here replied in order to help. Clearly you don’t want that you just want to push you own wishes without anyone saying anything negative about it. Perhaps a PM to the devs would’ve been best then, huh?

9 Likes

If we end up getting to attach private planets in a network it will be interesting to see what rules people come up with. What private universes do to draw in casual players. I see lower crafting times becoming a staple.

2 Likes

The PS4 numbers were shown to be significantly lower than PC a while back and there’s zero reason to believe they have ever gone up as the entire game has gone straight down since it launched in average players. I don’t have to “make anything up” to know that this is the case and to provide a reasonable estimate.

Also, reduction in crafting times is now p2w even in the SLIGHTEST. It is 100% quality of life and has zero effect on anything remotely close to “winning”

Lastly, your comment about a voxel drawing program is way off. It’s not online and it’s not with a community.

2 Likes