I keep coming back but

Last numbers I saw was more like 40/60 or 45/55 not anywhere near what you claim it to be but whatever.

You made a claim you can’t back up, how would you want me to call it?

It’s paying for an advantage or are you trying to claim here that in a game with an economy where people sell their crafted goods it is not an advantage to instantly craft anything you want?

You can’t be serious, right?

Creative mode with a community, what’s the point? You clearly don’t want any interaction with them whatsoever…

Say a few planets were spawned where you build in a creative mode, but going there means leaving the rest behind how many of the people you know would follow?

But it’s ok, I’m done here…

2 Likes

The numbers you posted for PS4 literally would support my claim.

Also, yes, that is precisely what I’m arguing. Craft times do practically nothing regarding the economy.

1 Like

In my opinion OP this game is not for you. You’re being rude to basically everyone in this thread and you want to cry about it. You had a receptive audience at the start but I doubt you do still.

We’ve had run ins before dhusk and I tried to be nice despite that. I’ll continue to do be polite and nice. May I suggest you try the same?

I don’t think the devs want your money so bad that they’ll do your bidding blindly. They probably want what is best for the game, which may or may not be what is best for dhusk. Try to understand this.

I probably should have just ignored this thread and will get a nasty reply, but I figured I would try.

9 Likes

You’ve gone from bringing up an interesting point, to starting personal attacks, to just not listening to anybody and forcefully sticking to your point regardless of evidence otherwise. It’s a shame because, while i disagree with you, there is room for an interesting discussion here.

My 2 cents are as follows:

You mention removal of crafting times has no impact on the economy. This is just objectively false. As others have already pointed out, there are plenty of people who buy stuff because they don’t want to wait on crafting times. I am 1 of those people. And i know i’m not alone.

Crafting times are gates. And sometimes gates are fine. As you already mentioned yourself, you want creative. This game is not that. And it will never be. It may at some point incorporate a creative mode somehow. But this game itself will always be survival. An MMO with gates. Saying that’s not to your liking is trying to say that you should be able to play CoD without shooting any guns.

Edit: It sounds to me that you could easily solve your idling issue with better planning. Craft stuff to build floors, then go lay those floors while your walls are being crafted. Etc.

7 Likes

Also, craft times are pretty much the ONLY reason I buy most of my stuff. Otherwise I’d just make it all myself for half the price or so.

That and to support the community and economy by buying stuff even though I could make it myself.

4 Likes

All good. Enjoy your dead game then. When/if they ever come out with private planets/online-creative I’ll buy into and play again and I think a majority of the community will come along too leaving you with probably a dozen or two “purists” endlessly grinding to build stuff for no one to ever see.

Good luck!

2 Likes

I will (enjoy it)! Thank you sir. It is my favorite game. Possibly if all time.

I do still hope that one day you get your wish (online creative mode)

4 Likes

I’m pretty much the opposite when it comes to purchasing. I only purchase forged tools and I only sell things that are processed or the sap that is a byproduct of my logging. Though if they changed forging to be engaging instead of an RNG flowchart I would probably go back to forging for myself. I just end up taking a few days break every time I have to do a lot of crafting while waiting for crafting queues to cycle through. Nothing kills my building buzz like running out of materials every 5 minutes waiting for crafting queues.

I see purchasing building materials as a rich persons game or for those who have lots of play time.
It takes considerably less time to gather the materials to make my own building materials than it does to farm out the coin to purchase it from all of the shops. Then you add in the fact that you get plots faster than you can build on them with how ridiculous the crafting xp gets and it seems silly to even consider the economy. You just have to change your plans from weeks to months/years if you can’t play a large amount every day…which is probably one of the reasons why this game has a problem keeping casual players because they can’t really accomplish much in their play time.

4 Likes

Here’s what I want:

1. Go gather everything I need for the build (from a raw material perspective). Literally everything.
  2. Come back and drop it into my machines in some streamlined, easy way. For example, James mentioned a potential upcoming crafting update that will include, among a bunch of other things, the ability to “auto-queue” machines to craft whatever you tell them to. You drop the mats in, they craft that automatically as a mass craft or whatever you set it to. Take this idea but take it a step further and have a SINGLE repository you drop all your ■■■■ off in and is attached to your machine network and the machines pick things up and craft what you set automatically.
  3. I want the machines to be able to auto-craft multiple stages. i.e. You put iron ore into the repository. You have your furnaces, compactors, refineries and workbenches hooked up to the repository and have them all set to auto-craft bars > compact iron mass craft > refined iron mass craft > machined iron mass craft.
  4. I drop the stuff off and log off the game for however long and come back to all my stuff crafted.
2 Likes

3 Likes

Well said and 100% agreed.

Ah, now you’re hitting a real target.

Nothing to do with “idle crafting times” at all, then.

I’ve literally been selling 300% profits and giving away coins because I can’t be bothered to click a queue thousands of times and cart hundreds of batches of stuff between machines when minting the raw stuff is micro-profits lol.

Ironically most of the people I see post about buying common materials are people saying they need more coins to be able to build due to limited playtime.

2 Likes

“Oh, a new thread! I’m gonna start reading.”
< one of the first things I see while scrolling back to the top >

4 Likes

I can never imagine the devs ever being happy about losing anybody if it can be helped, but especially not someone like @DKPuncherello, who does so much for the community. Not even sure where to start, but he even convinced me to finally join a mall! :wink:

It is true they need to monetize, but in Boundless, IMO people working to make the community an active and welcoming place for everybody is just as important a contribution as being a big spender, and DK is an incredible contributor to making Boundless what it is. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I kinda can relate on thing where you get an idea and then see what it takes mats wise… then you have alrdy scrapped the whole thing when you realise that its gonna take 2days on crafting times alone to do make those… not even taljing about farming the stuff first wich would take around a week

2 Likes

Yes, but there is an element to it that you all keep forgetting, the reward at the end, the feel you done something rly big…

2 Likes

I flagged it… just let you know.
While you disagree with @Dhusk you can do that respectively…
This aint some YOLO minecraft forum.

3 Likes

If you read a bit up i was in 99% of time so polite even tho he was sayin sum fd up things… but i just cant listen to him attacking people… HE moved the subject to that not anyone else…

you know i am polite, but i dont wanna let anyone screw around with me and be so rude regardless the fact i was totally polite about it and tried to help, but whatever… i guess people cant take truth about themselves…

2 Likes

If you find his replies offensive you can always flag them lol.

1 Like

I know, but better leave them out there so people see what kind of person he is…