I keep coming back but

Sorry but why is this flagged?

Nope you may feel rewarded spending hours or weeks gathering and crafting materials so you can build for an hour but do not assume everyone gets a feeling of satisfaction for the same things. This is the same logic that would argue a pile of hard to craft blocks is better than a build using natural materials in an interesting and artistic way. It depends on the individual and what they value.

2 Likes

cant argue with that, you have a point but those arguments are same for him too…

BUT, there is a big but to it (no pun intended) his arguments about crafting time are non existing except the fact he doesnt like them… but i dont wanna develop this into more since i realised people wont listen out…

Sorry if i offended anyone i didnt mean to, but i stand behind most of my words

1 Like

Personally I agree with the OP all crafting times do for me is get me to play other games. I am not going to wait for even a hour while items process. Not when I have limited playing time. But apparently we are in the minority of the remaining players still willing to play the game. But as I have said in the past, are the opinions of the few remaining players really all that valid? If the player retention rate on pc is less than 10% maybe not.

1 Like

Thirded, that’s paying for a huge advantage over everyone else. :neutral_face:

To quote my current generation @ the aggressive tone this has taken, with complete refusal to even consider anyone else’s points than your own;

“OK boomer”

2 Likes

Ok and i respect that and i would like to have a discussion about it to try to explain it to you that an MMO game with all its features needs this aspect otherwise few other aspects would be lost…

1 Like

Super new here, but respectively I’d like to say to OP and any others stopping by like I did - Crafting times help ensure the market exists.
Allow me to point out a few things:

1. The Devs stepped away from a Creative Mode styled game in favor of an MMO with an economic model on Live Servers.

2. In MMO’s, player interaction and activity are the blood of the game. That stops and the game dies. Creative Mode would give everyone the option to spend 100% of their time in Boundless alone. That just isn’t good for the game and there are a lot of other games that allow us to do that already.

3. In Boundless at the moment, there are a ton of items on the market for low prices, and sometimes large differences in prices on the same items. This says first of all that there isn’t a reliable demand on most items. There ARE, however, a fair amount of Veteran players who have been playing this game for years now, and they are still here. If they are sitting on stacks of Coin without spending it street level - they are not helping the economy of the game.

4. Crafting time is a variable devs control to help give a value to items that might not be often traded. Without people buying them, no one will sell them (or login to continue selling them), and no one will stock if no one buys. Catch 22.

My solution. Everyone buy as much as you can when you can where you can, on the street level. This will encourage shops to stay stocked and grow. Create jobs for others INSIDE the economy (Guild to Guild, Private deals not included) whenever possible. Stimulate Traders. It will take time but the economy and interactivity of the community will grow. IMO We shouldn’t petition people on the idea of changing something fundamental to the game’s design, OR suggest a subscription which would not only favor the most advanced players anyway - but also players willing to spend money on the game on a recurring basis.
In other news I see some chat about people working on a market API for this game. This would really help a great deal to ensure that if you can’t craft it all yourself, someone is there stocking what you need, and you know where to go to get the best price at any given time in the game.

5 Likes

This not my first mmo so we will just have to disagree that the long crafting times are necessary. As long as gathering and mining exist and some resources are restricted to specific planets and biomes, I think there is a reason for players to buy versus getting the materials themselves.

This is off topic and not aimed at you specifically, but I just have a feeling if the game does not change to be more accessible for a casual player, the introduction of private planets could create a situation where even fewer players are part of the public universe.

2 Likes

That is what im doing right now with my place, making a small economy with few others, that will keep working, and that will get everyone a decent amount of coins for a start, later we can and probably will expand further than our own place

To clarify, this is exactly what I meant. To purchase the materials you need the time to gather the money, which is not just about spending the time gathering it. You need to spend time stocking a shop or running all over to sell to request baskets. Shopping tends to cut the fun right out of someone with limited play time.

The game is going to have to change on a fundamental level, because its not getting enough people to keep the lights on.

Edit: And I think you will find if they launched self hosted servers, most of the solo players who keep your economy going would be gone.

3 Likes

don’t worry, it is probably he himself

2 Likes