"I wish I knew that sooner" Boundless *secrets*

Indeed. But while swinging a hammer without the higher Well Fed buffs that keep your Energy Gauge always at Max, your Energy Gauge’s Max use energy still drains down by the same %. Same with Running, Running drains your Energy Bar’s Max down at a % chunk.

Plus the Swinging number is changing your current Staminia. So 100/100 to 90/100. Not the max. Where has running using guessed numbers here, would drain max Energy by 10% every minute. So 100/100 to 90/90/100 to 80/80/100 and so on.

(Current Energy/Current Max Energy/Total Possible Energy Max)

And with Epic Energy and Zeal boosting it to say, 10,000 energy, running every minute would go:

10,000/10,000 to 9000/9000/10,000 to 8000/8000/10,000. And NOT 10,000/10,000 to 9900/9900/10,000 to 9800/9800/10,000.

Basically, if say Running drained 100% Max Energy within 10 minutes at base Max Energy, it would STILL drain 100% Max Energy within 10 minutes, even if you boosted your Max Energy to the highest possible in the game.

1 Like

that doesnt make zeal or more energy less preferable…
@ jiro… its about the number of hits on a block u can make before u need to regen ur energy. this saves seconds that amount to hours, if u keep playing the game. Ingame food is cheap and plenty, ur time too?
also theres this safety zone for the emergency grapple…

2 Likes

It’s a Trade Off. You get to swing your hammer without stopping as often. But you have to eat 10x as much food. Base Energy is… 600 was it? Let me check… Yeah, 600. At max Zeal and Energy 3x Boost, it’s at 5310.

To put that into perspective. To go from starving, to Max energy at base, is just eating 1-2 Cooked Meat at most. With Zeal and Max Energy Boost, you have to eat least 13-14 Cooked Meat instead!

1 food enough to get u full energy… get cooking skill
also meat i have so much of it, it clocks my storage. would nice to have a decay mechanic for organic stuff actually… imagine all the spitter eyes rotting away if u dont keep them cool

Depends on the food. Each food heals a different ammount of energy. Cooked Meat, the lowest cooked food I think, or at least the cheapest and lowest I see sold, regains 400 Max energy each.

The more you know~

i just made my shielding loafs and gonna enhance them with corrosion shards, cause i cant stand those corrosion beasts >.< u know what happens if u do meteorite and suddenly u stand there without armor?

back to topic: did u know that u can shorten the forging process by skipping the animation through pressing esc (leaving the forge screen) after adding an ingredient? i advise this to anyone who is already sure of what all ingredients in the deck are doing…

1 Like

Something I just found out today that may help out ps4 players.

You can use the ps4 remote screen app on your phone to enter text in chat and on signs.

This may not be news to some, but chat has been such a ball-ache until I found this out, so I thought I would pass it on for those who do not know.

5 Likes

Health regen epic is underwhelming at a rate of healing 25hp per 5 seconds. However, if you keep your energy bar at near max, you can regen at 45hp per 5 seconds. It’s including an additional 20hp, which is what you usually get without the regen at near max energy.

1 Like

Yeah that works good too, I simply bought a bluetooth keyboard for the PS4 and use that, so much better than the on-screen keyboard or typing on the phone/tablet!

2 Likes

u can increase ur healing rate with int attribute and healing epic… forge smiths are normally good healer

1 Like

If you visit a planet and open knowledge tab, it shows all material in that planets color.

4 Likes

You can double tap W on PC to run without holding shift

4 Likes

Is this real? My computer has just died so I can’t test it, but that’s game changing!

Seriously :astonished: … I’ve been playing Boundless for over a year and never knew that …I’m going to have to give that a go if I get on tonight :smiley:

1 Like

It is, i just found out a few days ago and it changed my life

To add on to the double-tap-to-run tip, you don’t even have to double tap the same key! If you’re walking forward and want to switch to running forward, don’t double tap your forward key - you’ll stop for a brief second as you lift your finger. Instead, quickly tap the left and right keys! You’ll stay moving forward, jiggle a little, and now you’re running!

If you ever wondered why you picked up a ton of speed while juking enemies or climbing really tight spirals, now you know. You probably double tapped by accident adjusting your position

5 Likes

Last I checked, the int boost only applied to brews and bombs, not “natural” healing like the food buff or health regen epic. Unless they changed it recently and I missed it

ok didnt know or expected that…

From what level to what level? Total exp?

10k rock would be 20k exp, teaching pie would make that 40k, I think? So that’s like 1 level after it gets tough to level… I needed about 38k and then started asking whyyyy.

I’m pretty sure a mass craft of stone is 100xp. Correct me if I’m wrong but if it is 100, 10k rock would be a lot closer to 111k xp with a teaching pie. Just going from rock to stone.

1 Like