What turns you off playing Boundless?

Run out of credits. Where does it all go? Is all the credit hoovered up by a few players? How do you make credit later in game?

3 Likes

Sell your in game items, mob drops, forged gear, crafting materials that no one wants to go get, completed Atlas’s. There’s ways and means if you look for the opportunity to.

I personally find the crafting overcomplicated, too many items needed (or have to be processed X times for no obvious reason), others would be centraforge… I don’t want to get a PhD to understand how that works. I just want to play and enjoy myself.

5 Likes

After playing for a long long long time a few things i do not like:

• Centraforge. The process is OK, but having to wait out all those lever animations is irritating. Can it not be made to work instantly so i can click through it faster?

• Mass crafting. I now have to click 30 times per machine/crafting table after i stripmined half a planet and are working up those rock to rocks and refined rocks. That will give you RSI. can we not make a one button click to fill up all 30 crafting places?

2 Likes

Similar to how the energy/runningthing was that was just fixed, I get really frustrated by the fact that fall damage is percentage based. Investing points in max health causes the player to lose way more health than someone who hasn’t invested in health. But when trying to heal with food, it takes for ever. A good chunk of my deaths are due to falling inside my base while trying to build it and I have max health.

1 Like

sometimes reading the forum helps :3
and for the mass crafting thing: dude u get tons of xp just for this little tiny piece of work… dont be ungrateful

@llamadoH use brews or better healing bombs for healing. use falling armour to survive altitude. u can grapple the ground, too, to avoid damage

Yes Grey, the forge is our new lord & savior. & without it you will get nothing with deadly accuracy.
I personally find it kind of funny that everyone needs to become a Super Master Black Belt Forge Champion to get good effects on there tools & weapons through forging. Im not complaining though.

uhm… u answering to a post from 2 months ago lol >.< and this quote can be reduced to (no offense intended): newbie, stuck in weird skill build, complaining :DD
i think @GreyArt247 has developed much in this time

I know who Grey is he has been around since Alpha, Im sure longer then I have. Your throwing the word noob around so frivolously, why?

Yeah im a very busy person so I don’t have all day to spend on the boundless forums unfortunately im usually busy playing the game or making a video about it. I apologize if my response was too late for your liking. Ill make sure to respond to the next post within your time constraints.

1 Like

we were all newbies at this time cause the servers went live in… september? i doubt he was max lvl at this time, and from the content of his post it was a newbie issue, ignoring the breadth of possibilities he had at hand to solve his problems

That still doesn’t explain your frivolous use of the word noob. But that’s all cool & fine.
We weren’t all noobs, I have over 3000hrs under my belt, about 2500 when we reset, as well as many others that had no issues as to what your calling newbie. A newbie is someone that has no experience in the game, whatsoever. Not someone that has been playing it for ages.
& Understands all the basic fundamentals & aspects of the game. “Due to ages of Experience”

i can use whatever words i like in whatever use i intend them for in whatever form i present them and i dont have to explain this to u or anyone else.

3k hours and he doesnt know the advantages of shadow epic? trololol i doubt that

I didn’t say you couldn’t use the word how or when you wanted, I asked you “Why” are you using it in such a manor. Not telling you what to do so there’s no need to get irrational,

i told u already the answer… this is getting ridiculous. im out here

You said that as if I asked the question again…
I said your response was good the first time.
Are you okay man?
But yes maybe you should go.
Good job :wink:

What was that argument even about?

2 Likes

If you exit and re-enter the forge the second after you start a new round it skips the animation.

Saved me a bucketload of time.

14 posts were split to a new topic: Spinoff discussion: what’s your opinions on PVP in Boundless?

New players are the best. They come into something with fresh eyes. It’s really the developer’s job to keep them. The game for me is good. I been just playing since Sept/Oct and I do feel there is for sure a gap between the noobie’s and the veterans of this game.

1 Like

I like this game. I am relatively new. The following is some ideas and feedback from a noob’s perspective

• I feel that there needs to be some kind of NPC vendor of some kind. People just don’t want to buy things. I don’t know how it would be balanced but for me that is a bit frustrating. Most people’s requests are way too high tier for any new person to even try to make decent coin. Maybe some kind of vending machine that connects to other vending machines in the same world. Something that newcomers could contribute to societies, cities.

• Also what would be kind of neat is for something that is kind of like plots but smaller. For roads and trails. Something that won’t “invade” someone else’s real estate. I like to build paths in this game but I don’t want to have it be intrusive to other people’s land / it is also a bit hard to when it counts towards your plot allowance.

• Kind of like there should be semi-plots that allow people to build where the world does not regen there; perhaps it doesn’t also effect your prestige since I could see that being abused.

• The ability to also be able to sell real estate. So you can build a house or something and people in game could come and purchase it. Once they did, then that plot area becomes theirs own.

• Perhaps a mailbox system? So you could transfer mats from one beacon to another.

• Perhaps also sharpen the graphics just a tad in the PS4 version (yeah this is the famous words that everyone says to a developer, I am sure). I know the game most be highly demanding considering the scope of it. Just that I am a bit jealous/let down a bit that the PC version looks so much crisper. It’s definitely not a deal breaker but for sure is noticeable and hope you improve sometime down the road.

The game is again good great though. I love the concept and what you have done. It for sure is one of the most original games I have played in a long time. I know this is just getting started so I hope that you continue to put in your ideas. Good luck!