"I wish I knew that sooner" Boundless *secrets*

That’s for sure lol I’m a bomb person myself, constantly having to gather and craft the things for brews is annoying to me lol.

3 Likes

I like Brews for Soloing but bombs are better for groups lol

4 Likes

Thank you for that detailed explanation! I’ve been on and off the game and some things confuses me. And honestly, I’ve never been on the “higher tier” of things so I seldomly interact with niche forged tools and gem tools, just the common ones (3x3 tools for farming and slingbow for hunting).

It seems it really comes down to preference. I’ve never messed with healing bombs but now that I play with my wife, this will be handy for us as we always hunt together. :slight_smile:

I’ll set aside those gem chisels for future use. The 1 smart stack thing is enticing for sure but I can leave with it. Plus, I mainly use wood and stone and a little bit of bricks so I don’t think I hit the requirement for higher tier chisels. :laughing:

Edit: I think I’ve once heard that gem chisels can sort of combine shapes from different type of chisel (square, slope, bevel) that are not possible without the gem chisels. For example, a squared block can be further sloped somehow. I know there are some overlaps like a slabbed block with square chisels can be further beveled (because they share the same intermediary shape which is the slab). I’ve never fully believed this and I think is wrong. All shapes within the game can be done even without the gem chisels.

True, just not all blocks. IF you’re not working with harder blocks it’s no matter.

Yep perfect for bombs.

This is sort of true. You can hit a third time with a non-precise chisel to get a shape the chisel can’t normally make, but as far as I can tell there’s no shape a non-precise can make, that a precise can’t. Meaning you could make that shape with the epic and a precise chisel.

As far as the dual chiseling, it’s true that you can sometimes switch chisels at an intermediate shape. I’m not aware of any shapes that can’t be made with a single chisel, though. You can’t, for instance, slope the back of a block and then bevel the front.

In the end though, gear definitely comes to preference, and there are a lot of cases where there’s more than one way to do something. It’s good to know your options :grinning:

2 Likes

Do bear in mind that there is an unfortunate bit of delay in anything like a bomb hit registering, so if the other player is moving a bit, often it can appear as though they got healed but then the health will come back down. I’ve always found this to be really, really annoying. I wish this could be sorted some day.

Maybe a totem/slingbow augment that can be aimed at others and used like a chain healing beam, that would be cool… :thinking:

Yeah, as @Nightstar says, you can’t use shapes that a block doesn’t already have chiselled on, except in one situation: when you have square-chiseled blocks, there are certain shapes (like half-blocks) that can then have a bevel chisel used on them. There’s no real benefit to this but it can sometimes be helpful in very niche situations.

3 Likes