"I wish I knew that sooner" Boundless *secrets*

a free crafted totem can break machines usually faster than any tool, and saves durability!!

(also, more than happy to necro this thread… one of my all time favorite reads)

EDIT: 4 YEARS!?!?!?!

6 Likes

I just learned that you can reload your augments faster by holding it in your other hand lol

3 Likes

What’s that in boundless days?

1 Like

4 Likes

Don’t forget (like i did)… that there is forged spanners that do “Auto-Door”.

Smack a door, and it turns into an auto-door, that will close on it’s own!!!

Double jump is a must have on your hunter build.

And always reclaim your smallest beacons first.

dangm

and here we see the 4 year necropost in it’s natural habitat

1 Like

You won’t fly by a wildstock ramming into you while you creep/crouch.

6 Likes

Ooooh niiice

The homing special attack that cuttletrunks use is best avoided by deviating slightly to a side and running towards the attack itself. Cutting slightly the angle and going back is almost always effective, provided you can run fast enough at that time, those attacks are good following you forward or to the sides, but they are not very good going back.

2 Likes

I’ve always had issue with this inescapable attack to the point that it felt imbalanced. For me, all attacks should be avoidable. Probably quickly placing of block in front of you would suffice too but it’s too much of a hassle.

Thanks for this! I gotta try this one next time I’m hunting. :blush:

3 Likes

Wait so you mean they don’t hit you if you crouch?

1 Like

There is no knock back effect from the hit.

1 Like

Honestly I prefer…

• Copper Regeneration Bombs because they are cheap to make, low damage, and big AoE (Not entirely sure if that matters but it does in my head lol).

and

• Iron Healing bombs because they have higher damage which equals more healing for low level players. When you are a level 50 hunter you upgrade to Diamond Bombs.
1 Like

I use iron for regen bombs simply because it’s worth less than copper, to me. All regen bombs have the same AoE so If I’m buying them I’ll buy whatever - but gem regen bombs always give me a good laugh.

I use titanium for healing bombs when I’m farming. This gives slightly more health than base metals - but I really do it so they don’t stack with my regen bombs. I also only forge those bombs to level 2. No need to cleanse farming blocks.

Hunter or high HP build I’d grab some level 3 gem healers. I do topaz and diamond, topaz has better AoE for healing at group hunts but diamond more HP.

Also looking at the date on that post … I needed that advice :rofl:

I didn’t understand them well, it was another month or two after that before I bought my first set.

2 Likes

Yeah I saw the date lol Titanium? I guess everyone has their preferences. I honestly like to be as proficient as possible whenever Crafting and to me, Titanium is the biggest scam in the game in my opinion lol I’d rather make gem tools or weapons.

1 Like

This may be very common knowledge but I only found out this after my return.

All gem chisels work in different ways if you have the chisel epic talent. Non-precise gem chisel still act like you don’t have talent active.

I was using diamond chisel for basically 1200 hrs and was jumping back and forth between two talent trees, one with and one without chisel epic to make the same effect. But if you only have diamond chisel, may this be a tip as well then!

2 Likes

You can carry all available types of chisel in one stack if you use gems.

bevel and precise bevel
square and precise square
slope and precise slope
unchisel
transform
lattice

So convenient.

When I started doing that, I was already using a lot of titanium tools to farm with them. They’re heal bombs and only partly forged so I didn’t want them getting mixed/confused with anything else I would have around.

To be honest I haven’t forged them in a long time, I just still have a bunch of bags around :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ve always wondered but never tried it myself. Do the gold/silver/titanium precise chisel differ to their gem precise chisel? Do people use gem for convenience of 1 smart stack (with non-precise chisel) and higher durability only?

And also, with the availability of healing bomb, it seems a lot cheaper than healing brews (content/durability-wise) to the point that the latter seems useless? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

Not other than properties you already list.

This was what finally made me switch over, it’s marvelous. Before I would make “cheap” chisels out of whatever I had around, and it left me having to load up with 2 to 3 smart stacks of chisels every time I wanted to work on something. And then you still need to duplicate into gem if you’re working with any higher level blocks.

So maybe add that to the list they’re the only wayt to be sure you can chisel any (chiselable) block you come across, as well.

It is, but it’s also a less convenient to use. And it can only offer at best something like 1/3 to 1/2 of the highest level healing brew. Of course most of the time I’m running around on a low HP build anyways so level 1 healing brews are usually on hand.

I only take bombs if I’m planning a group activity. Level 2 bombs restore energy so it’s good for farming, but only if you’ve got a partner. And on a group hunt you want as many people splashing around healing AoE as possible.

Also they offer energy and cleanse debuffs if fully forged, so if you’re often fighting or hunting solo, there’s advantage there.

But if you’re just out messing around and want something to help with fall damage or the occasional random attack, heal brews are fine and they sit right in the stack of potions that I have to carry anyways.

You can make bombs that stack, of course, but I don’t like that. For instance if I run out of regen bombs and start randomly throwing healing bombs or buff bombs instead. Of course all that is just about personal preference and loadouts, anyways. I always have a brew stack. I don’t always have a bomb stack, and if I do it’s unlikely to stack with healing bombs I want.

But nah you’re not missing anything, except that maybe the bombs can do a lot more for you than the brews, too. :man_shrugging:

An update: I got to thinking it matters a lot which bombs you use. You can buy a minor instant healing brew for 10c right now, so 2000c for 200 of them.

If you want some iron heal bombs for little ouchies, it’s going to be cheaper to buy the bombs and dura epic will also get you some extra uses I think. If you want some good diamond bombs for a hunter (high HP) build it’s going to cost a little more.

Aaaaand another edit, this point is almost thread-worthy. The bombs vs. brews thing.

I don’t see anywhere that I mentioned it’s also not easy to bomb yourself. This might honestly be the “final answer” to why you don’t hear more about bomb use. You can’t bomb yourself so you have to stop, look down, drop the bomb at your feet, and wait for it to time out.

If it bounces, you’re out of luck. If you get hit or move before it explodes (4 second timeout) you’re out of luck. You have to stop, look/aim directly at your feet, and stand still for up to 4 seconds. You can get around this if there’s a convenient mob nearby, if the bomb will kill it (otherwise you started a fight). You can also use a corpse or another player if you have one of those handy.

I just carry the brews :rofl:

2 Likes