"I wish I knew that sooner" Boundless *secrets*

I didn’t read them all, but one thing I’ve done to help with the “warp to home beacon” menu auto closing bug, is make a second beacon right next to your home beacon and name it whatever you like. Example: Flussblick (as home) Flussblick2 (as back up under beacons tab). Then you’ll always be able to warp home even if the menu keeps auto closing. :wink:

You can get unforged gear back after starting the Forging process by putting in a Setting Resin before any Boons, Quirks, or Defects are applied.

This is mostly useful to save gear that has bad rolls after using Boon Solvent 1 to remove any undesired Boons.

3 Likes

Sadly you can’t upgrade on PS4, no clue why since many other games do allow such things, so it seems something Wonderstruck needs to add to the PSN store.

2 Likes

Yeah with most games the “Deluxe” edition costs twice as much and includes one left shoe or a wooden slingshot that does +1 more damage than the slingshot you start with.

1 Like

And a couple of weeks of free Gleam club, the golden fist which I refuse to buy in game since I want to make it myself once Wonderstruck lets me upgrade!

Sad part is, the way PSN works I can’t go buy the Deluxe edition straight up, it won’t allow me. Yes, on another account but then that account has the deluxe and not my regular account.

And the Deluxe also has something else I really, really want: 10% free plots. If you buy 100 plots you get 110, it even works retroactively so if I now got the Deluxe I would get a whopping amount of free plots which would turn out to be cheaper than just buying them.

So yes, I want the Deluxe edition!

4 Likes

This needs to happen like yesterday.

2 Likes

Guys this has kind of turned into another moaning thread, can we keep it positive please :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m not seeing any moaning…?

Unless it’s about the Deluxe upgrade thing on Ps4 which realistically should be an option :wink:

2 Likes

-Signs on-

“Yay, 5 new replies on my favorite thread! Lets see what 5 secrets i didn’t know about this time!”

Nope… just 5 new replies to a person saying “I wish Wonderstruck gave us this thing…”

Please start a new thread in the suggestions category. This thread is for things like this:

“I wish I knew that with careful tweaking of the Block Speed Placement Skill, and Run Speed Skills, that it enables you to run at full speed, while placing blocks below you in front. Effectively allowing you to build bridges easily and quickly across lava lakes.”

Thank you.

5 Likes

Oooh I like this one! What’s a good careful tweak for this to work perfectly? :smiley:

I had to respec, but if I remember correct it was 6 in run speed, and 8 in block placement. it would mess up about every 30 blocks, and plop an extra one down right in front of you. but just keep a hammer in one hand. It made building large structures soooo much faster too

1 Like

Thank you! Personally I’m hoping for a coughbuilder’swandcough. :wink:

3 Likes

Well the fastest way to fill in a pit with blocks or build a wall is max action speed, a few points into control, energy regen epic, and 5 points into the skill that raises all attributes. Jump and place blocks below you about 5 high, then just look down over the edge and “B-D-D-D-T!” place the next stack. Rinse and repeat, 8x8x8 plot filled in roughly a minute or so.

1 Like

“I wish I knew that, Energy Consumption is % based, and not number based. So Getting Zeal, or the Max Energy Epic, for more energy is pretty much a waste of points, as stuff that drains energy, such as Hunger, Running, and so on, takes the same % chunk, and you’ll be forced to buy more food more often to refill your bigger energy gauge."

PS, unless that got patched and fixed. But I don’t remember reading that in a patch note in the last 2 weeks, so probably still 100% true.

4 Likes

I don’t think thats correct. At least, swinging a hammer, or placing blocks drains a specific number.

Edit: You can see the little purple number that comes off you energy bar for every action

3 Likes

and food is cheap and plenty

Hunger drain seems to be % based, but energy drain is flat numbers. It takes a ton of food to stay full if you have points into energy. Or energy bombs.

Indeed. But while swinging a hammer without the higher Well Fed buffs that keep your Energy Gauge always at Max, your Energy Gauge’s Max use energy still drains down by the same %. Same with Running, Running drains your Energy Bar’s Max down at a % chunk.

Plus the Swinging number is changing your current Staminia. So 100/100 to 90/100. Not the max. Where has running using guessed numbers here, would drain max Energy by 10% every minute. So 100/100 to 90/90/100 to 80/80/100 and so on.

(Current Energy/Current Max Energy/Total Possible Energy Max)

And with Epic Energy and Zeal boosting it to say, 10,000 energy, running every minute would go:

10,000/10,000 to 9000/9000/10,000 to 8000/8000/10,000. And NOT 10,000/10,000 to 9900/9900/10,000 to 9800/9800/10,000.

Basically, if say Running drained 100% Max Energy within 10 minutes at base Max Energy, it would STILL drain 100% Max Energy within 10 minutes, even if you boosted your Max Energy to the highest possible in the game.

1 Like

that doesnt make zeal or more energy less preferable…
@ jiro… its about the number of hits on a block u can make before u need to regen ur energy. this saves seconds that amount to hours, if u keep playing the game. Ingame food is cheap and plenty, ur time too?
also theres this safety zone for the emergency grapple…

2 Likes

It’s a Trade Off. You get to swing your hammer without stopping as often. But you have to eat 10x as much food. Base Energy is… 600 was it? Let me check… Yeah, 600. At max Zeal and Energy 3x Boost, it’s at 5310.

To put that into perspective. To go from starving, to Max energy at base, is just eating 1-2 Cooked Meat at most. With Zeal and Max Energy Boost, you have to eat least 13-14 Cooked Meat instead!