Idea for "deserted shops"

Hi,

I couldn’t sleep last night and had an idea - upon reading on the forum regards to the “deserted shop stands”.

• A shop stand / request basket could go in the reclaim storage if empty for more than 1-2 weeks
  • This way you would not find empty shops or request baskets anymore

edit: Now I see, upon replies, that this is not a very bright or useful idea :slight_smile:

Regards,

2 Likes

Then what if you stock up your shop and go on a vacation … come back and need to go to reclaim to get it all back because you where bought out …

Most people use the inner game shop tracker or BUTT so empty stands are not really the issue in my opinion …

At least that is my 2 cents :wink:

3 Likes

What about people that use them for decor? Or people that only fill request baskets every once in a while when they need things?

Honestly empty shop stands/request baskets isn’t really an issue, as then it no longer shows up in the knowledge tab’s buy/sell list, nor does it appear in BUTT. The only time you get to see empty shops are when you actively go to places like malls and going in shops without really having an idea on what you’re looking for, as the knowledge tab gives you a waypoint tracker if you’re looking for a specific shop that does buy/sell something.

4 Likes

Rather, the real problem would be the deserted plot areas itself, as they’ll still stay for quite a long while if the owner had gleam club, taking up space people might want to settle in.

3 Likes

My two cents is the “abandoned” shops are the problem in most cases for a mall (multiple shops at 1 location).

Trouble is the only way that can be solved is if location owner(s) have full control of the shop location or being the owner of a sovereign world.

That said like mentioned by @WendyVandecatsye and @Kokuma just empty stands are just that… empty and not available in any list. So i see no problem there.

1 Like

No biggie :wink: just an idea and they are always welcome :grin:

2 Likes

Maybe more along the lines of a beacon permission then … shop permissions

Have the beacon plotted and fill in the owner name making it so the owner of the mall is able to remove inactive plots … If that is even anywhere near possible :smile:

Or something like co-owner on a special kind of shop beacon …

1 Like

empty shops might have been a nuisance before shop scanner

but now? come on - you land on the world and in a city or mall you are interested in, you run the shop scanner and pick which shops you go to;
inactive shops are not in your way at all

I understand that from esthetical point of vie the mall owners, or next door shops might like active places and users around, but well… whatever ideas you come up with, people coming and going will always be a part of the Boundless universe story (as much as settlements being built and then disappearing or inactive and empty or half-finished beacons blocking someone elses plans etc.).

3 Likes

That is indeed true when you look at it like that …
Was thinking of the mall owners :grin:

I myself do not mind the empty shop stands as I use BUTT as well as the scanner :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

Like aqua mall (niia zed ka) (guild factions) or stands with advanced lock permissions given bij plot owner to shop owner.

That is already possible but it does mean shop owner doesn’t “own” the space.

It would be cool if we had the possibility to own a beacon and “rent” the plot(s) to a shop owner. When the beacon changes “renter” it reclaims mats to the renter. (If that makes any sense)

2 Likes

that’s not the case

we all notice things in game we find annoying or as “a problem” and without having wider perspective we come up with ideas on how to remedy that

been there, done that myself too

as for this specific topic - well, mall and settlement owners have been figuring out how to use beacon and guild perms to manage various ownership of shops versus ownership of a mall/settlement, to avoid space being occupied by inactive players

but I personally think that post-shop-scanner game makes inactive shops less of an issue (worst would probably be players taking a spot and not finishing their shop, rather than shops that are not restocked regularly)

2 Likes

I agree with others here that it’s not a huge deal as long as you know to use the shop scanner and/or BUTT. No harm in starting a discussion around the idea, though.

Also, look up the thread for Host’s upcoming The Future Mall. I think that mall rules like this (now possible with sovereigns) are the solution you’re looking for.

2 Likes

And reclaim shop stands that didn’t sell anything the last 1-2 weeks because they are clearly overpriced. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not necessarily. Some stuff only sells once in a while cause not many people look for them.
I’ve got very low prices at my shop (I stalk BUTT xD) but quite a few things that are not popular like oorts and bones only got sold after like a month, and when they did, somebody bought out the whole stock. Things like innocuous brews and smoothie healing brews.

3 Likes

I’ve previously suggested cobwebs appear on shop stands and baskets that haven’t been visited by the shop owner for 3 months or so

7 Likes

Helpful, “K” to find material (sale and purchase) as the quality is completely sufficient. But what would be helpful when selling and buying is which planets are located across the board. So you are not forced to go shopping with overpriced prices, but also buy cheaper with a little walk and portal path. Markings can also be seen via portals if the path can be shortened in this way.

boundlesspBS

Shops will remain, but each shop must have a mailbox. The mailbox can optionally also be sent to the registered player via email. With a message. If the dealer is no longer active for 2 months, despite the VIP, the shop remains active until everything is bought or sold. After that, when the trade is completed and e.g. Player because of e.g. Accident / illness / or what others cannot play and VIP expires, the amount is simply transferred to his char, the rest in reserve.

2 Likes

I Use Shop Stands For Decoration dough

2 Likes

I like to sell doors, signs, etc. I put them on a different stand for each one in each color. Some sell out fast (bright pink wicker is popular) and others not so fast. I still like offering the variety and would not like to lose a stand just because people only want lime green doors occasionally.

1 Like

i have a shop set up for all 3 types of trunk and foliage laid out ready for all 255 colours when i can get my hands on them all, i really dont feel like relaying a full smart stack of stands every couple of weeks

Too bad you can’t rent plots from people

2 Likes