IDEA: Thumbs Up

I think I’ve seen this mentioned a few times. I remember having a conversation with @bucfanpaka about this too.

The idea would be to have some form of block or way for a player that really loves a build to give it a Thumbs Up or a rating of sorts and then be able to share that to social media or something.

There could be some kind of reward for so many votes and/or thumbs up etc.

Just a rough idea, but might be able to get some social media attention.

5 Likes

social media oriented content that can allow to bring more attention to Boundless would be nice, more potential players :smiley:

from other side - a special sign you can attach to someones build to tell him you like his build? not all builders are forum users so sometimes you cant find a builder, unless you camp his build waiting for him to show up :stuck_out_tongue:

also a block alowing to remotely befriend someone? or just clicking someones name at game chat will allow to pick send friend request option? that would be very usefull

1 Like

I think this was mentioned a lot few years ago although the idea was some sort of questbook Where People could write stuff for the owner.

See here

3 Likes

I would definitely still want both the Guest-book and the Tablet to happen, BTW.

2 Likes

Although i did think In the past that mailbox is kinda the same but the chat system is just so broken atm so ye.

Im on board with that too.

Not only that, but the mail box is fairly private, whereas the Guest-book idea was to have something like a public Twitter-feed (or should I say X fee– nope, I already hate it) or like the comments on a Youtube videos with the ones liked by the owner highlighted at the top.

Recently, I’ve been looking through all the suggestions I wrote for Boundless, and daaaamn. Also proud of myself with the “Crazy Idea” keyword. ^^

3 Likes

I’ve been thinking to put down a guild book to use it as a guest book for my labyrinth. So if someone does come and have a look, they can show appreciation by “joining the guild”. Obviously not a functioning guild but a temporary solution.

1 Like

Another game does this and I really like this idea.

1 Like

I think some sort of rating board / thumbs up, kind of system could be really cool. Could be a great way to show “popular destinations” around the known worlds to new players, and could complement the prestige system well as it would be able to give you a fair bit of the impressions that is lacking in our current “leaderboard” style of displaying builds on a planet (not saying replace prestige, just add this too, think they will work nicely alongside each other).

As for a guest book that is (at least as described here) like a public forum might be a bit too much extra to try and “police”… I’m just afraid it would bring too much room for abuse and would require more employees to handle the squabbling it could bring…

That being said, I think that it would be cool for sure, and i like it more as a guild system of sorts (like leaving treasure map notes on how to find something cool you left for someone, or to have a bulletin board for guilds so you don’t have to constantly overwrite the same sign without a way to show past messages).

Want.

6 Likes

I know this was mentioned previously I couldn’t remember who said it. Thanks for these.

Hopefully Monumental look over all these previous suggestions and picks some of them and thinks they are great ideas and implements some of them.

3 Likes

8 Likes