If you have quit, how much coin did you quit with?

I dont understand why you ask. I must be stupid.
About 350k.

Yeah this is the main problem. Any time you have deflation in a market, there is no incentive to spend the money.

That is why most modern economies try to tune it so that there is slight inflation (up to 3%) which makes it more costly to hold onto the money and stockpile it. It’s a balance thing. If people hoard money then the economy stops. But if people hoard items, then there is a sink for all items.

Instead the situation is, prices are slightly decreasing all over the place, to the point where things can’t even sell for 1c. There are very few request baskets even buying things for 1c, for most farmable items in the game.

Really the only two solutions, you need to sink more items, and you need to increase the amount of coin.

The problem is not deflation, deflation is fine. The problem is recession. I don’t care if a 3x3 hammer is cheaper tomorrow (deflation) if I can use it today to make money. What I do care about is that I can’t sell what I farm with my hammer (recession).

U still playing sns?

I think when people quit, they’d like to have coin to start over once new updates come out that make them want to play.

1 Like

You can get advanced coils for under 5k. Here is a link to one reputable seller. Unfortunately you may need to contact him directly because higher level players will buy him out just to raise prices again.

I would be wary of anyone trying to sell you coils for 7k. They are exploiting the fact that many players don’t know that a typical mining run nets 500-1000 gems, and an advanced coil only needs 7.2 gems to make.

1 Like

Slightly derailing, but I plan to reopen that shop tomorrow and sell most advanced coils for under 4k when handtrading, as an FYI

2 Likes

Nah, quit 2 days ago, will try to wait till the better days come =)

Theres so that many shops on lots of planets spreaded from many of the guild Hub its a nightmare to find your item at the best price

Edit: sorry english third language :slight_smile:

1 Like

If ya head to aquahub there’s a portal in the main section leading to the PS hub in Grovidas Te. I am in that hub, on the south side of the first floor, named “The Coil King”

I’ve said it many times, I don’t sell to ebay shops. that’s what hurts economy more than anything in the world. Also said a hundred times, FOOTFALL is NOT income.

People keep thinking boundless as a economy Sim. It’s not. IT’s a casual crafting game, and economy only exist to supply those with things they don’t “feel” like making. How hard is it to see what this game is, and not trying to make it something it’s not?

The ones that do get rich, are supplying items people desire a lot. And have a good convenient location. Anyone can to. But honestly, spending coin in this game is only a convenience to not having to go out and gather and survive. Like today’s modern world, most people go to a grocery store instead of hunting. But this game is all about going out and hunting for your supplies. We all played the tutorial. Were not the objectives 1st to go out and survive, and not so much about building an economy?

1 Like

@Peyago Leveled several 50’s without spending hardly a cent. Is this bad game mechanics, or was this the point of Boundless? Personally I enjoy the grind. Without a grind there is no game. Often players forget the grind and building and surviving and focus on making money in a shop. Logging in to only fill baskets and update prices. But that will leave you feeling empty. At some point you will have to go out with a tool and do something to see Boundless.

and to answer the ?, about 50k

About 350k worth of coin for me. I log in just enough to keep portals topped off, then log back out.

Struggling to open my portal sometimes :wink: also how do you open a portal in a hub? Tryed selling never had any guests since i had no way of attracting custumer

Boundless is what the players make it. It’s a sandbox…everyone can play however they wish, with whatever goals they desire. I play other MMOs and they all have several forms of trading/currency/markets/etc too. It doesn’t stop people from skilling up their characters, exploring new lands, defeating monsters, gathering items, etc. If you don’t enjoy selling/trading, then you don’t have to participate in that aspect of the game. Some people love that part of the game. In one MMO I play, there are people that literally do nothing but stand at the market all day, trading. I could never do that, but they like it. To each their own.

100% agree. But when ppl say it’s broken because they are trying to constrain this type of game into a mold that’s not really fitting into, it will always have bulging edges that clearly don’t fit. This game is too free, too boundless , to say it should be more like WoW or Eve, or what ever other mmo ppl are use to. It’s still growing, and as such can’t be fit into a perfect bowl yet. Growing is different than broken.

2 Likes

Well, this is my first MMO so I don’t have any preconceived ideas or perceptions of what it should be. But I do know from reading comments here and on youtube channels of players who watch the videos that many feel that the game isn’t much fun and that there is a unfair balance in various areas.
Footfall, when they learn that those who own shops and live close to cities get footfall and they don’t because they didn’t know about and are struggling to get coins, there is some sense of unfairness. Shop owners make profit from what they sell and also footfall and they (new players) feel they got the short end of the stick. To some extent, I agree. Many who own plots in cities, shops do and did feel they have the right to have it and I can remember when I first came here and read comment of getting a thousand and even more coins a day just from footfall. Then there were less players and complaints were that players left due to the unfairness of footfall many were Pissed when it was cut back. They were and some still are making huge profits but when you are making 10k coin a day and go to making 5k coin a day you don’t go, I don’t need it I have 500k coins so why do I need more? Many whined and complained. Some quit and shut down their shops.
Prices were and are another problem they talk about, the low price given to them ad the high prices they have to pay. The inability to get to the highly desired ores and gems, which has now been fixed so it is fair to all.
Bu, again, some of those used to getting 20, 40, 100k coins for a hammer, still want that price. Even when they would get say 20 on a trip and now get 200 they want the same price for that tool.
I’m Not talking about me, I’m doing fine, have around 10k coins and don’t feel compelled to become a millionaire or multi millionaire. I want to have fun exploring, building, crafting, learning how and what I need to do to make the machines to make myself the higher level of tools. I don’t right now feel the need to get that 50k hammer and go beating up rocks on a level 5 planet.

New players need to feel that they are important, not that the status quo remains the same, the older players who were here from the start get to still be king on the hill and they are the lowly peasants who should be glad for the scraps that are tossed their way. And some do see it that way. This isn’t just about the price of leaves, bones or sap. Those are examples of the discrepancy between those who have and those who have not and don’t know how to get it or can’t.

If Sussie Q brings in 500 leaves and sells them to five stores at one coin each she will have 500 coins. What can she buy with that? Not a hammer that can help her get the large number of ores and gems. She can’t even buy one of the pies or bread or brews that she hears and reads the player use to be able to get those large number of ores and gems.

She can’t make the coins needed to buy what she needs because no none wants to buy what she has gathered. And I can understand that, really I can; it is easy to get the leaves yourself. But, she can’t go and do the hunting for the ores and gems as she can’t stay alive long enough because she can’t afford the needed food and brew items, so feels she doesn’t have any chance so why play? And vents on steam, youtube channels of how unfair the game is.

In my opinion, the game isn’t growing, it is broken and is dying and will die if something isn’t done about it. And I Don’t want to see it happen. Just because I am enjoying myself, having fun doesn’t mean I can ignore how others see the game. One rotten apple in a barrel can destroy the whole barrel and they have to be tossed out.
The old way that used to work isn’t working any more. Something new needs to be created.
Okay, off my soapbox.

1 Like

Game’s fine, it’ll only grow from here. After 2 years worth of updates it won’t even be the same game any more. There are still lots of active players, and a good amount on standby waiting to jump back in when updates drop. Not sure how many have quit for good, but there are thousands more out there who would like Boundless if they tried it, and still a lot more who have never heard of this game.

A random Facebook ad or gaming site Facebook post is where I first heard of Boundless, and that was fairly close to launch. A big marketing push is all it would take to double the current population.

2 Likes

Absolutely disagree. One doesn’t need to go “buy” anything to raise their own bar or level. That’s the entire point everyone keeps missing. Did I get off a t1 planet because I bought my stuff? Heel no. did I get a forge because I bought it? Heel no. Do I wish I had a million coin? Heel yes, who wouldn’t. Does one need to have that million coin, or should be jealous someone else does? Heel no.

It’s ABSOLUTELY been proven beyond a word of a doubt, that a person can start with nothing, get off the starter planet, and work themselves up to higher levels. I did along with thousands of others. I’m sorry but full forward calling everyone who says they can’t, bullcrap. All that is left is jealously of people who do not have what others have. If someone is unhappy they can’t effectively ebay a store in this game and that their only means of fun, then this is the wrong game for you. That business mechanic can only work in small portions. But right away that’s what 50% of the new players tried to do and killed themselves. Then sit around complaining that the game is broken. I 100% believe pushing certain business methods in this game is a breaking mechanic. But it’s not because this game sucks, or that Alpha players run the show.
I’m a alpha player that worked his butt off. Like most of the other of my fellow alpha’s have. We don’t run the show. It’s not the ones who are rich that breaks the economy. Many new players have out done me. Good for them. They didn’t cheat, or buy their way up. They worked for it. It’s a boundless promise that if you work for it, and gather what you need, you can be anything. That will always be my opinion. People saying they can’t, when I “did”, and started with nothing like thousands of others proves to me Yes they can. If my shop isn’t selling much and my footfall is lower, ABSOLUTELY changes nothing in my game or my process, or my gathering gems and ores and building myself a kingdom.

3 Likes

You made two remarks that are very important. “thousands more out where who would like Boundless if they tried it . . .”
Problem is, many have heard negative remarks, very little positive support and almost zilch PR in advertising from the company so they are already, due to negative statements from others to not be willing to give it a chance. The high price tag was a major blocker, it should have been less and more would have bought. Just my opinion.
Other remark "A big marketing push . . . " That is something they should have done and should be doing now. There isn’t enough showing up in ads on youtube, facebook, twitter or other media that will attract players. And the focus should not what they plan unless they emphasis that it will be future. Many have seen the ads with the getting together to fight the Titans and they thought that was already in the game. Whoever is in change has dropped the ball, not once but several times.

1 Like