If you have quit, how much coin did you quit with?

It sounds like the design flaw is request baskets. People just want to dump their stuff, but it isn’t going to sell, and I was in the crowd that became angry when I couldn’t sell except for insultingly low prices - who wants to farm 40,000 fiber leaves to get that shiny new hammer? Not that you could even sell 40,000 fiber leaves. I doubt 40,000 fiber leaves have ever been sold in all the history of Boundless.

No low tier market exists in this game. The lowest item that actually sells is Oortstones excluding regular stone because it would take you 20 years to make a fortune selling stone alone at 1c

1 Like

I spent about 10 hours setting up a stone shop… have made 624c so far.

#killingit

4 Likes

It doesn’t look like anybody is trying to make lemonade from this lemon economy… maybe 3 people tops. The general consensus is to just keep hoarding lemons.

1 Like

A good way to keep current system in place and obtain a flourishing economy, would be to introduce items decay over time (for everything in storage or on a plinth).

Yup! would be another nerf (don’t kill me please, just brainstorming a quick fix) :rofl:

They are hence the low pops.

Well that would make the stone storage and personal armory i just built pointless so i am against that 100% :joy:

About 45hours in. The need for T2 is really there. And why buy 3 coils at 4k when the adv are 7.5k?

I definately do not question your logic on 7.5k advanced over 4k regular :slight_smile:
I was just thinking 45 hours seemed quick to be needing coils haha

I guess we all play differently though. I was still using Iron hammers for Diamond mining for quite some time. I must be 400+ hours in now and it’s only been the last couple of weeks or so I have been grabbing advanced coils tbh

Probly felt like i needed to stand on the edge always dying but I manage to maje it worth my time to farm gems on t6 is not an easy task with a level 20 :wink:

To answer your curiosity when I left the game I likely had no more then 50K on me as I was constantly buying up low priced inventory’s on other shops and investing it back into my own shop…

When I returned I came back to about 2.4M is sales revenue.

I have since spent about 1.4M of that reinvesting back into my shop (Request Baskets, And of course buying stock at other shops I hope to be able to resell at a mark up)

Now as to the whole economic crisis, I am not sure there is one or at least I am skeptical…

Prices have definately changed between the time I started my break from the game and my return there is no doubt about that. But what I see now are prices that are far more inline with what I consider a stable economy not one in crisis…

They remind be of prices before release and the wipe!

And my belief is that its a reflection of (Release is over) and the player base has gone back to the player base that it was before release… What I mean bye that is there are far less casual boundless players wasting there money wild and free and the people who are now playing are

A) Educated on the value of there stuff
B) Serious about the game

There not as willing to bye crazy priced items…
There shopping habits are more targeted
And

A far larger percentage of the buying and selling is being done bye Shop keepers like me.
Who study the market and search for deals and buy low and sell a bit higher but within reason.

Which means all the Lower end prices tighten up and the market as a whole becomes more stable and more competitive this is Not a crisis its just the natural progression that was bound to happen.

As for the whole Request baskets are evil mentality…
I would have thought this would have gone away too as people started to understand more
about what request baskets are!

If you see a person buying Bones for 1c like I am but yet selling for 6c omg I must be evil right?!?
But do you see how many bones I actually own? And How flooded a commodity this is.

Request baskets in many ways are risky or they are straight up giving money away. Nothing ensures that what you buy will sell…

The only problem that I see with request baskets to be perfectly honest is the perception of those that seem to vilify a store because they are buying at X and selling at Y…

I wish these people would go run a shop themselves!!!
And watch as there money goes into the request baskets at a 200% or 300% rate faster then it comes back thru sales. Or what they would do about flint bones and so many other commodity’s that your buying and NOT selling clearly as a service to your customer’s.

2 Likes

300k and gave my stuff away for free when I quit. Probably making my return to Boundless soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i left with around 300k in the end… kept my goodies made 6 mule characters picked most of it up

1 Like

It’s mostly the buying at 5c selling at 80c that seemed to anger people. Even buying at 5c selling at 30c is OK in my book. Or baskets paying 10c for gems are insulting. It’s when shopkeepers have ridiculously different prices or are priced well above market that people vow to never return lol.

1 Like

I dont understand why you ask. I must be stupid.
About 350k.

Yeah this is the main problem. Any time you have deflation in a market, there is no incentive to spend the money.

That is why most modern economies try to tune it so that there is slight inflation (up to 3%) which makes it more costly to hold onto the money and stockpile it. It’s a balance thing. If people hoard money then the economy stops. But if people hoard items, then there is a sink for all items.

Instead the situation is, prices are slightly decreasing all over the place, to the point where things can’t even sell for 1c. There are very few request baskets even buying things for 1c, for most farmable items in the game.

Really the only two solutions, you need to sink more items, and you need to increase the amount of coin.

The problem is not deflation, deflation is fine. The problem is recession. I don’t care if a 3x3 hammer is cheaper tomorrow (deflation) if I can use it today to make money. What I do care about is that I can’t sell what I farm with my hammer (recession).

U still playing sns?

I think when people quit, they’d like to have coin to start over once new updates come out that make them want to play.

1 Like

You can get advanced coils for under 5k. Here is a link to one reputable seller. Unfortunately you may need to contact him directly because higher level players will buy him out just to raise prices again.

I would be wary of anyone trying to sell you coils for 7k. They are exploiting the fact that many players don’t know that a typical mining run nets 500-1000 gems, and an advanced coil only needs 7.2 gems to make.

1 Like

Slightly derailing, but I plan to reopen that shop tomorrow and sell most advanced coils for under 4k when handtrading, as an FYI

2 Likes