If you have quit, how much coin did you quit with?

Nah, quit 2 days ago, will try to wait till the better days come =)

Theres so that many shops on lots of planets spreaded from many of the guild Hub its a nightmare to find your item at the best price

Edit: sorry english third language :slight_smile:

1 Like

If ya head to aquahub there’s a portal in the main section leading to the PS hub in Grovidas Te. I am in that hub, on the south side of the first floor, named “The Coil King”

I’ve said it many times, I don’t sell to ebay shops. that’s what hurts economy more than anything in the world. Also said a hundred times, FOOTFALL is NOT income.

People keep thinking boundless as a economy Sim. It’s not. IT’s a casual crafting game, and economy only exist to supply those with things they don’t “feel” like making. How hard is it to see what this game is, and not trying to make it something it’s not?

The ones that do get rich, are supplying items people desire a lot. And have a good convenient location. Anyone can to. But honestly, spending coin in this game is only a convenience to not having to go out and gather and survive. Like today’s modern world, most people go to a grocery store instead of hunting. But this game is all about going out and hunting for your supplies. We all played the tutorial. Were not the objectives 1st to go out and survive, and not so much about building an economy?

1 Like

@Peyago Leveled several 50’s without spending hardly a cent. Is this bad game mechanics, or was this the point of Boundless? Personally I enjoy the grind. Without a grind there is no game. Often players forget the grind and building and surviving and focus on making money in a shop. Logging in to only fill baskets and update prices. But that will leave you feeling empty. At some point you will have to go out with a tool and do something to see Boundless.

and to answer the ?, about 50k

About 350k worth of coin for me. I log in just enough to keep portals topped off, then log back out.

Struggling to open my portal sometimes :wink: also how do you open a portal in a hub? Tryed selling never had any guests since i had no way of attracting custumer

Boundless is what the players make it. It’s a sandbox…everyone can play however they wish, with whatever goals they desire. I play other MMOs and they all have several forms of trading/currency/markets/etc too. It doesn’t stop people from skilling up their characters, exploring new lands, defeating monsters, gathering items, etc. If you don’t enjoy selling/trading, then you don’t have to participate in that aspect of the game. Some people love that part of the game. In one MMO I play, there are people that literally do nothing but stand at the market all day, trading. I could never do that, but they like it. To each their own.

100% agree. But when ppl say it’s broken because they are trying to constrain this type of game into a mold that’s not really fitting into, it will always have bulging edges that clearly don’t fit. This game is too free, too boundless , to say it should be more like WoW or Eve, or what ever other mmo ppl are use to. It’s still growing, and as such can’t be fit into a perfect bowl yet. Growing is different than broken.

2 Likes

Well, this is my first MMO so I don’t have any preconceived ideas or perceptions of what it should be. But I do know from reading comments here and on youtube channels of players who watch the videos that many feel that the game isn’t much fun and that there is a unfair balance in various areas.
Footfall, when they learn that those who own shops and live close to cities get footfall and they don’t because they didn’t know about and are struggling to get coins, there is some sense of unfairness. Shop owners make profit from what they sell and also footfall and they (new players) feel they got the short end of the stick. To some extent, I agree. Many who own plots in cities, shops do and did feel they have the right to have it and I can remember when I first came here and read comment of getting a thousand and even more coins a day just from footfall. Then there were less players and complaints were that players left due to the unfairness of footfall many were Pissed when it was cut back. They were and some still are making huge profits but when you are making 10k coin a day and go to making 5k coin a day you don’t go, I don’t need it I have 500k coins so why do I need more? Many whined and complained. Some quit and shut down their shops.
Prices were and are another problem they talk about, the low price given to them ad the high prices they have to pay. The inability to get to the highly desired ores and gems, which has now been fixed so it is fair to all.
Bu, again, some of those used to getting 20, 40, 100k coins for a hammer, still want that price. Even when they would get say 20 on a trip and now get 200 they want the same price for that tool.
I’m Not talking about me, I’m doing fine, have around 10k coins and don’t feel compelled to become a millionaire or multi millionaire. I want to have fun exploring, building, crafting, learning how and what I need to do to make the machines to make myself the higher level of tools. I don’t right now feel the need to get that 50k hammer and go beating up rocks on a level 5 planet.

New players need to feel that they are important, not that the status quo remains the same, the older players who were here from the start get to still be king on the hill and they are the lowly peasants who should be glad for the scraps that are tossed their way. And some do see it that way. This isn’t just about the price of leaves, bones or sap. Those are examples of the discrepancy between those who have and those who have not and don’t know how to get it or can’t.

If Sussie Q brings in 500 leaves and sells them to five stores at one coin each she will have 500 coins. What can she buy with that? Not a hammer that can help her get the large number of ores and gems. She can’t even buy one of the pies or bread or brews that she hears and reads the player use to be able to get those large number of ores and gems.

She can’t make the coins needed to buy what she needs because no none wants to buy what she has gathered. And I can understand that, really I can; it is easy to get the leaves yourself. But, she can’t go and do the hunting for the ores and gems as she can’t stay alive long enough because she can’t afford the needed food and brew items, so feels she doesn’t have any chance so why play? And vents on steam, youtube channels of how unfair the game is.

In my opinion, the game isn’t growing, it is broken and is dying and will die if something isn’t done about it. And I Don’t want to see it happen. Just because I am enjoying myself, having fun doesn’t mean I can ignore how others see the game. One rotten apple in a barrel can destroy the whole barrel and they have to be tossed out.
The old way that used to work isn’t working any more. Something new needs to be created.
Okay, off my soapbox.

1 Like

Game’s fine, it’ll only grow from here. After 2 years worth of updates it won’t even be the same game any more. There are still lots of active players, and a good amount on standby waiting to jump back in when updates drop. Not sure how many have quit for good, but there are thousands more out there who would like Boundless if they tried it, and still a lot more who have never heard of this game.

A random Facebook ad or gaming site Facebook post is where I first heard of Boundless, and that was fairly close to launch. A big marketing push is all it would take to double the current population.

2 Likes

Absolutely disagree. One doesn’t need to go “buy” anything to raise their own bar or level. That’s the entire point everyone keeps missing. Did I get off a t1 planet because I bought my stuff? Heel no. did I get a forge because I bought it? Heel no. Do I wish I had a million coin? Heel yes, who wouldn’t. Does one need to have that million coin, or should be jealous someone else does? Heel no.

It’s ABSOLUTELY been proven beyond a word of a doubt, that a person can start with nothing, get off the starter planet, and work themselves up to higher levels. I did along with thousands of others. I’m sorry but full forward calling everyone who says they can’t, bullcrap. All that is left is jealously of people who do not have what others have. If someone is unhappy they can’t effectively ebay a store in this game and that their only means of fun, then this is the wrong game for you. That business mechanic can only work in small portions. But right away that’s what 50% of the new players tried to do and killed themselves. Then sit around complaining that the game is broken. I 100% believe pushing certain business methods in this game is a breaking mechanic. But it’s not because this game sucks, or that Alpha players run the show.
I’m a alpha player that worked his butt off. Like most of the other of my fellow alpha’s have. We don’t run the show. It’s not the ones who are rich that breaks the economy. Many new players have out done me. Good for them. They didn’t cheat, or buy their way up. They worked for it. It’s a boundless promise that if you work for it, and gather what you need, you can be anything. That will always be my opinion. People saying they can’t, when I “did”, and started with nothing like thousands of others proves to me Yes they can. If my shop isn’t selling much and my footfall is lower, ABSOLUTELY changes nothing in my game or my process, or my gathering gems and ores and building myself a kingdom.

3 Likes

You made two remarks that are very important. “thousands more out where who would like Boundless if they tried it . . .”
Problem is, many have heard negative remarks, very little positive support and almost zilch PR in advertising from the company so they are already, due to negative statements from others to not be willing to give it a chance. The high price tag was a major blocker, it should have been less and more would have bought. Just my opinion.
Other remark "A big marketing push . . . " That is something they should have done and should be doing now. There isn’t enough showing up in ads on youtube, facebook, twitter or other media that will attract players. And the focus should not what they plan unless they emphasis that it will be future. Many have seen the ads with the getting together to fight the Titans and they thought that was already in the game. Whoever is in change has dropped the ball, not once but several times.

1 Like

@Zina we can agree to disagree.

But the servers may struggle to keep up if tomorrow we had 2,000 more players… that’d completely fill up 25 servers at 80/max caapacity. Slow and steady growth is going to have to be the plan, with lots of polishing along the way.

1 Like

It is most definitely possible to solo and succeed without buying anything, in fact id say thats the only way to get ahead and most people with piles of coin have gotten it off a hell of a lot of hard work and time invested.

You dont make coin spending it all on other peoples efforts and flipping things for 6c profit (unless you already have millions and are moving 1000’s at a time), you make it by grinding for hours at a time and selling what you gather/craft.

Janna, if you want a helping hand i have a decent spot (made all by my lonesome) that im looking for shop owners to open up. Prime position next to a very large hub that gets 500-1000 footfall a day, even with footfall broken. Would be happy to give you one of the best seats in the house, just need a can do attitude and a little leg work to get it off the ground.

Totally agree, it would be a disaster to have a huge number of players show up to start playing and have servers not able to handle them. But they can do it in a way that gets the word out slowly.
Contact some of the well known youtubers who play a wide variety of games, give them some codes for them and a couple of other youtubers, give them three free keys to give out and ask them to play three or four episodes. I know that Kage848 played it with Bloodstalker 101 and another streamer for three episodes. Game4kickz played it for two or three episodes. 7 days (7 Days to Die) came out for Alpha 17 experimental stream at almost the same day so that kept them from playing more than two or three episodes. There are some here on this community who play, but they have their own following and they need to reach out to different streamers, youtubers or whatever you want to call them. They could ask GameEdged if he would get some members of his discord and do a MP of two or three episodes. He is more into hard core survival, but he does do some milder games.
heck, they could suggest he play it with little GE and he might go for it, LOL
And yes, I am a fan of his, member of his discord, pateron and so have a very high opinion of him. Little GE is his daughter.

Heck, he is getting started on his Christmas giving of keys/codes to games to members of his discord, they could offer him three keys to give away. Do so with other big name youtubers, they can do a live stream of them playing and give out three keys. He does that often, gives out keys to games he streams.
I do promise that if he is given keys and he streams it I will put in a good word for the game. I will be honest, I would state that it isn’t finished and needs work but is worth buying. I do think that.

Definitely off topic, sorry for that.

1 Like

I appreciate the offer, but right now I am doing the fun of exploring, learning how to do things and getting a start on making tools, food and drinks. As I learn how to do the stuff needed to make and sell items I will be stocking up so I won’t have empty stands.
My son and I have a base on Tana VII, he wants, when he get tired of Fallout 76 and another new game coming out in Dec, can’t remember the name, he plans on us getting things settled so we can open up a small shop. The lady near us has two portals and has offered some assistance if we need it. But knowing him, he will do it all on his own. Extremely independent.
I have to finish up my base, it is a small ziggurat and I think all I need to do is the decorations then take down the walls. Had them up to keep the spitters off my back as I worked. I won’t have items to sell, but anyone passing through can stop by and say hi if I am home.

1 Like

I do want everyone here to understand. My comments are not geared to my needing help, and I really, really appreciate the offers of assistance in various topics and in PM.
My comments are for the new players who don’t know anything about the game, don’t visit forums or communities and have no one to help them. They get frustrated, they feel alone, some are playing SP and expected to see more players and have more interactions and when they see empty settlements, cities, shops with no owners present, no customers and very little items for sell or where they can sell what they have they get discouraged and give up.
However others feel about them, quitters, losers, big babies, that is, to me, your problem. What it affects is the future of the game. That “whiny baby needs to learn to do it on their own” will complain to their friends and others who may listen and not buy the game. Word of mouth sales a game more than anything. Fallout 76 is finding that out now, as word of mouth is spreading, right or wrong, of how bad the game is, according to some players. Very few players brag on a game, many will trash a game they don’t like, even if it is their fault.
We need to set aside our attitudes of “I did it they can” and should and think of how to help, to give support to new players so they will talk good about the game. If you can’t do that, then. well, don’t tell them you are weak, that is not helpful to them or the game. If you don’t have something nice and helpful, don’t say anything.
Get off your pedestal and think of it from their perspective, not yours.

And yes, I should find a way to combine posts, but I didn’t want this one to get lost in the shuffle. Get out of the mentality of if I can you should and go with they can’t. You Do Not Know What They Are Dealing With in Their Lives, so stop passing judgement. I’m a big girl, I’m doing fine. Many others aren’t and didn’t, and they have left the game. They don’t need a lecture, they need support, and not just in coins, but in some guidance and advice, and not criticism.
Okay, I will shut up now.

2 Likes

No worries… it wasnt a hand out, more a mutually beneficial partnership, and could help with some of that feeling alone and left behind by others progressing at different speeds.

Completely understand wanting to do it for yourself. Thats exactly my style too. But i do think there is plenty of opportunities for new players to get a step up if they want it too. Either through the existing game mechanics, or the community.

Thats the best thing about this game, the options to play however you choose are boundless!

2 Likes