If you have quit, how much coin did you quit with?

If you are a buyer & think a shop’s price is too high, go elsewhere.

If you are a seller & think a basket’s price is too low, move along.

No one is forcing anyone to do anything. I can see both sides here.

I mostly gather all day. I do run a few little shops. I only sell things that I collect & make myself. If I buy anything, it’s to build something or it’s a forged tool I can’t make myself - and I stay broke because I do buy things.

2 Likes

You kinda just gotta do everything yourself right now, or have friends that can. I don’t know that people will ever go back to buying/selling non-endgame items. Today I would not buy a fiber leaf at any price, for example. It’s all about forged gear and forged gear ingredients right now, with a little bit of Oortstones in the mix.

Builders have either quit building or started gathering instead of buying.

Roughly 30k in coin and i left that in a request basket for people to take once i quit. Probably a million in goods also not to mention the thousands of blocks that were refined, thousands , including decorative.

Hope they used all that to make something interesting, but knowing how things went down they probably filled their shops and jacked up the prices.

100k roughly. I have probably 750k to 1 million in stuff in storage.

I am pretty poor. :sob:

im at 15k at moment :smile: life never been this rough for me
im usally payed well for all my projects now i just continue for the fun off it would say at slower buildrate but i got lots off support from community the get my broke ass some work hehe

1 Like

Just from this small sample size, we’re already up to millions of coins vaulted away and this thread only has 25 responses.

@Salvatory I only tagged you in this because you helped spur this conversation. You dropped your coil prices and it affected the entire universal economy. Another person I would be interested to have data on is @Sulfurblade (although I know he has come back to the game, still a good data point to know how much he had upon coming back)

@Janna55
The issue is that the amount an individual character can make is relatively finite. All of the journal objectives and feats in only a little over 100k coins, and everytime you spend coin at an inactive shop, there’s a chance that coin may not come back into the system(either through player inactivity or in extreme cases, loss of coin in baskets and shops to world regen)

/CLAP !!!
Perfecfly said!! And right on why I dont sell anything on request basquet and buy coils from quest money. When I enter SAID market with 300 shopping stand and 300 request basquet lined up facing one another, and from r exemple, thw shop is selling Rough Emerald for 699/each and juat below it’s buying it dor 50c… I dobt feel like im getting a reasona price for it. Exemple right in front of me spitter eye 199 buying yours for 1c.
I would surely sell my emerald at 350 for a fair offer and mt spitter for 75 to 125

1 Like

I agree with this. THIS is the problem with the economy. Almost any store you go into and compare the buy/sell rates, their selling price is multiple times higher than their buying rate. This is what hurts the economy.

Has anyone ever actually sold to those 1c baskets, or anyone with those baskets ever had anyone bite? Seems like a waste of time even putting them out, but maybe there is a market for 1c gems we dont know about.

For a while I ran a shop that had a margin of 1 coin over taxes (including the tax epic) so my profit was one coin plus foot fall. I noticed immediately that tons of people sold to my baskets for stuff, and a bare few bought anything at all. The prices were competitive on the sell baskets (I ran around setting them based on the higher ones I saw) and the sell prices beat the vast majority of the competition by 50% or more. Shop was even close to a portal network etc.

The shop died. People sold tons of resources that nobody bought. And everyone bought what nobody was selling. It ended up just drying up what little coin I had from leveling etc. So there are shops that try to do the low profit sales model. They depend on a very. Very healthy community of harvesters and buyers. Because they can’t absorb the losses during dry periods on resources or sudden booms (like the gem rise and fall).

Economies are very complex beasts. (I wanted to say something inspiring at this point but I got nothing XD)

(edit for spelling)

1 Like

my thoughts exactly… bone/leaves etc used to sell a couple months ago when everyone was new and needed em to make glue etc. But demand has dried up so buying those things in request baskets just ends up with a pile of stock you cant move and a whole heap of lost coin.

No youre right they never get used but thats precisely the problem. This dumb buying method is spreading like the plague And has a results you cant sell any of your gathering stuff caus no one’s buying at a some-what reasonable price. Making the market owners the only shareholder of our already wounded economy. They sell getting money and their never spend $ buying from their store. Ive been playing for 3 weeks like 10-15h. A week and the only things i was able to buy with the money ive made from “quest” is a handful of spitereye and an adv coil which i was rippedoff when i stumble upon A mega market selling theirs 1/3 of what ive paid for 3 days earlier

I am permanently broke because of you and your damn store :stuck_out_tongue:
I was going to spend last night but figured if I wait a couple more days I’ll have more to give you.

I hate you :frowning:
<3

1 Like

To be fair - 3 weeks at 15 hours p/w is a short time to be needing to buy advanced coils and spitter eyes.

i own a shop and am evil.

1 Like

They hurt themselves really.

The moment I see a 1c basket or buying gems for 3c I turn around and never go back to that store again.

4 Likes

I was the same as yourself.

Large store near a portal hub.
Was extremely competitive in pricing and always had full request baskets.
Folk never bought , they only sold.

I chose to close the store as I got tired of the time investment needed to make no coin.

I moved to almost the middle of nowhere compared to what I did have and have opened a few smaller themed stores selling specific items in each to match the theme of the store. I no longer try to be the cheapest, in fact I would say I was over market price on most items. I have absolutely no request baskets and have the attitude that if no one buys, I really do not care as I can play the game now and not need to invest every playtime minute in running the store.

I now make more coin daily than I did on the large store. I can restock regularly as I am able to mine and hunt and generally play the game. Half goes to store stock for selling and half the loot I keep.

2 Likes

They sold because of that regen issue on a few planets.

As a brand new player at release on Finata. I would spend hours looking for swords and I think it was 3 hours at a time to get 20-30 leaves. As a brand new player, hopping through portals to another planets was not something I really understood or knew about.

They were 30c at release each and to this day in most stores they are still 30c each even though you cannot move without tripping over a sword.

I used to buy them at 5c I think in my store as I used them for cloth. My store would never sell anything that I had a request basket for but players unfortunately still value the leaves as a 30c item in their minds even though they are worth 5c at the very best price now.

This mentality extends across many items. Values do come down, look at gems which I was happily selling at 1100c in the early days after release. Even though you can buy gems at just a couple of hunfredc now form some stores, players still have it in their heads that they will get 500+c per gem and think they are getting ripped off when request baskets are offering 200c for them.

In some regards then, we ourselves are too busy remembering the 'gold ole’prices and won;t sell at anything less as we feel we’re being ripped off. As we won;t sell we do not spend money which means stores close down which means we then go out and get the stuff for ourselves. Because the stores are closing and request baskets are almost always empty we have nowhere to sell our loot. Rinse and repeat.

This is 100% accurate; but its implementation is flawed atm. If you find any basket anywhere with coin in you’re quite lucky, so often farmers have to settle for “unacceptable” prices just to get anything in.

I’m quite stoked about the depression in a morbidly fascinated way. It is really the season for non-career shopowners to make it bigtime right now:

Shop sales for most items have gone down considerably because of income uncertainty from the general player base. Players who arent formal store owners have a gap here to relatively undercut the high margin (not saying its fair OR wrong) shops right now. Items sell for much lower than they ever have, and if you can live with a lower profit margin, you could even get some sales.

The lower margin shouldnt just come from cheap sales, but most notably higher buy prices. This means that you will be a preferred place to buy from, and be willing to make a name as a good place to sell to.

Sure you cant go for 100% breakeven, you value your time, but that seems the only sustainable way to stem the DIY alt mentality that currently comes from income uncertainty…

To OP, I’m currently running at about -1800 exactly, my farmer died on huroo and i had to debt-warp to finata. All my coin is tied up in stock and baskets atm, will soon be seeing up an in game voting station to try and get some of my stock moving

1 Like

I read through almost all of these footfall is broken and ruining the world posts, and as a player that started a little less than a month after release I have gotten less than 10k from footfall. For your average I’m not a shop / city / hub player I’ve never understood how footfall was suppose to be a reliable way to get enough coin to buy anything from player ran shops.

Or maybe I’m just doing it wrong, I dunno.

1 Like