Illuminoorti Brotherhood

The lost secrets of the Oort will illuminate our path to ascension.

Through our labors, our people will walk the path of the Oort.

The Illuminoorti are a mystical brotherhood of monks dedicated to finding, studying, and keeping the secrets of the Oort. To this end, their monasteries often double as highly advanced research facilities situated on top of rich deposits of coveted Oort shards which is believed to power their research.

The ultimate goal of the Illuminoorti is to achieve the same level of greatness as the Oort that they idolize, often augmenting their very bodies with secret Oort tech to achieve this goal. The Illuminoorti jealously guard their secrets from those whom they deem unfit and unworthy of the powers they have gained from the unraveled secrets of the Oort.

The Illuminoorti don’t hide all of their secrets from the public at large, however. By revealing the secrets of portal-magic, the Illuminoorti have helped spread civilization across the known universe. This apparent gesture of good will is entirely self serving, however. As adventurers and fortune hunters search every canyon and cave in search of petty wealth and glory, agents of the Illuminoorti follow close behind, reporting on the locations of lost Oort trove back to their masters. As adventurers find and spend oort shards commonly found and used as currency, the Illuminoorti is secretly combing for traces of advanced tech touched by the power of the shards, thus the Illuminoorti are often found at the heart of black markets and global banking systems.

Agents of the Illuminoorti often themselves do not even realize their actions are quietly monitored and controlled by their masters, and thus it is nearly impossible to detect their spies, or even how far the webs of their influence reach.

I hope you guys like this bit of fan-fiction. I decided to scale back my planned guild structure to a simple RP guild rooted in the yet unwritten lore of OO. I hope to share some imagery and artwork of this shadowy cult with you all some time. I’m open to suggestions to make them even more shadowy and spooky if you have ideas! Thanks in advance for your feedback!

13 Likes

Is Oobama their leader? And what about Oominem? He’s clearly Illuminoorti too :open_mouth:

2 Likes

The leader of the Illuminoorti is…
ME! IT’S BEEN ME THE WHOLE TIME! MUAHAHAHA!

3 Likes

Yeah, all your fault Oobama! Blame Oobama! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Thanks Oobama

5 Likes

And then there is their great global antagonist: Oosama Bin Laden! :man_with_turban:

2 Likes

And Oosos!

2 Likes

I’m going to guess by the flood of jokes that it’s either a lame idea or you guys like it

2 Likes

I really like the idea! :smiley: But I can’t really take it serious with this name :stuck_out_tongue:

BUT WAIT
@Havok40k is illuminati
@ben is illuminati
@Havok40k is @ben
@Havok40k has super fabulous hair!

4 Likes

No no, @Havok40k is @illuminoorti and has no hair. Big difference.

And yeah, the name is supposed to be a bit silly :wink:

2 Likes

Well, I think to have something like this in Oort would be quite cool. It has not to be a big main thing, cuz that would leadto the problem that people may take the whole lore not serious. But to have it as a small sidekick somewhere would be realy cool. Just think about other games with such cool funny little quests or lore. Some humor adds a good spice to games, to much can ruin them :wink:

PS: the Illuminoorti will make a. good insider joke, which is important for a special feeling image :slight_smile:

1 Like

Illuminoorti is purely player based and is not intended to be canonized into the game’s lore unless the devs want it to. It’s just a role play faction / guild.

3 Likes

Count me in!

I’m with another guild atm, but will be a silent member at least. To cool to be not part of it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

It’s a super idea! I really like the way how you describe the game concept in a short story, and imo it fits very well to the Oort Universe.

2 Likes

Illuminoorti killed my parents… thanks guys :cry:

2 Likes

well, seems like that joke’s done.

2 Likes

What joke? I missed it^^

The user name @illuminoorti seems to have been shadow banned by the forum, making every post instantly flagged as spam and hidden.

1 Like

Lol, but why?^^ That account is funny^^

1 Like

Flagged By Community As Spam.

1 Like