Illusion Blocks

In this particular case, “might be” is guaranteed, and there would be nothing to stop it and nothing you could do to avoid it short of never walking on the ground. That’s not a small problem, but a massive oversight.

1 Like

I totally agree with you in that one but please keep this an objective discussion.

Also agree with you here. Oort is on its core a voxel game, that means that (new) players will most likely compare it to minecraft as much as any new MMORPG is compared to WoW and therefore you should not be surprised to see people(including me) referring to it.

At the end i want to add a short (10min) video for @Zouls thats shows some of the best and most complex “electricity” creations in minecraft, so he (or everyone who isnt familiar with minecraft) gets an idea of what was possible with the minecraft system. (this are of course some “high end” creations but there are also many neat and simple ideas/tutorials for trap doors, secret entrances, door bells, ceiling lighting, … .

/watch?v=NSuNU_XAAYQ

cry me a river :sob:

If that’s all you have to say, I won’t debate a troll. Message me back when you have a logical counterpoint, else don’t bother mucking up this threads discussion with your childish school-yard retorts.

2 Likes

Sorry for late reply as I’m currently using phone.

I don’t know why illusion block could have special treatment and be left as it is right now, guaranteed way for somekind abuse sooner or later.

We have same discussion in unlockable skills and abilities thread where we are trying to invent system that is equal for everyone, illusion block shouldn’t be difference thing. That thing needs somekind weakness.

1 Like

What about if u can only place a limited amount of illusion blocks? Like 10 or 20 ?

I’m still fond of magnetic mechanisms which are bound to a raster pattern.
Following: build a vertical tube made of gleam. The upward color coding could be the one of the rainbow spectrum. Everything that enters the tube lifts up. Also possible the other way round.
Generally gleam color codes would be a fine idea.
Build this frame for @zouls camou with a checked pattern - like a chessfield only in color and see what happens to the gleam morphing/losing alpha/sparkling into the shape of a camouflaged forcefield.

I am concerned that using as trap door will get it nerfed and the use restricted. Secrete doors should not have limits nor restrictions, while trap doors might. So I think it is a mistake to bundling them together in the same block.

I spent a lot of time preventing the use as a trap door in my design for this reason. But if trap door is what you want, then don’t make it a secret door so we can have a better one of those.

Well the idea was only mostly for secret rooms, i just thought it was a waste to make something like that + a trappdoor system, so i thought it would be easier to just make a block with multiple purposes :smiley:

well. the same as is wrong in making pitfall traps in your beacons, either everything or nothing xD

But yeah, i still want illusion blocks, making them shimmer at 1 range is a good idea, i just dont know how possible it is, that is why i kept it as simple as possible, also the reason i choose something like this and is not too keen on the minecraft mechanical system is, that if they just add a system almost the same as minecraft, then it is not really unique. ofc just because it have been done in another game doenst mean it cant be done in oort. however with it already being called a clone there is going to be so much more ammo for that argument if they use the same systems >.<

2 Likes

I think I’m gonna start a new thread with my suggested ideas later on and see if I can elaborate it a bit more. (It confuses me no one is actually replying to my two posts although the promoted ideas are good, even great.)

1 Like

cause they are really poorly explained, it sounds like you are just confirming what i wrote.

I beg your pardon. But they are actually very on point. I don’t need to write whole essays to make clear what I’m thinking of. It is more like you are not willing to immerse in those ideas, because you are too self consumed by your own ones.

Well i personally dont quite understand the ideas, cause they are written in a bit of an odd way, feel free to make a new topic on it, but dont write something that doesnt make sense and then get angry when people doesnt answer :slight_smile:

Not angry, u - just left out a bit. Odd is not the right word although this makes me a little angry. >ͺ<

well a few things for it

1. the mistake with ‘‘red frame and place red block’’ you changed to blue, that helps alot

2. it is just very… messy description and not very descirpcriptive. like the first example, what do you mean precisely with ‘‘forcefield’’ what do you mean with ‘‘camouflage’’ etc. things like that :smiley:

you should make another topic, and then plot down your thoughts and descriptions, because it looks pretty interesting :smiley:

As you please. Nevertheless, I’d rather have good ideas and explain them in an odd way than the other way round. >ͺ<

But later…I’m at work and in stress right now. I will try to work out this more when I find the time. And hopefully in a comprehensible way. :wink:

That’s a cool idea. Well presented too, thanks!

2 Likes

i look forward to reading it, i know you can come up with something epic :smiley:

1 Like

always ben.