I'm just about do... WAIT! - Bucfanpaka Has a Heart of Gold!

BS you are always on fire :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I just saw this. . . @C0ND1T10NR3D

I get it. I remember when you moved next to me in beta. You were always a cool neighbor and a cool builder. You have been at this non-stop for quite some time now. You’ll want to come back, I guarantee that. I actually totally get your concerns. It’s difficult to keep up with a moving goal-line and it’s difficult to play casual and not get touchy about it. You have given Boundless a LOT of good. We will always keep the seat warm for you.
–Your friend.

3 Likes

Rip creegles beard

3 Likes

Woke up on my own, going to try to get a little more sleep but I jumped on for a few and signed the book! :slight_smile: (Also got a few shots for a teaser Tweet, check it out :wink: )

On the beacons, not to guilt trip ya, but on thinking more, in addition to me wanting them to be your legacy with your name even if you rebuild 10x more when you come back, it is less risky if you keep them too, simply because - even though there are no guarantees in life for any of us - I’ve got a couple possible looming family situations that in a worst-case (hope it doesn’t come to it obviously!) could pull me off for a long time with very little warning. And then there is my own health, I’m being a lot more open on this board than elsewhere so might as well level about that too, I trust you all and feel comfortable enough with you all - I had enough of a scare not too many nights back that I PM’ed @Janna55 a link to my FB profile just so she’d know where to look for info if I suddenly disappeared and wouldn’t just be left hanging. Sure she’ll vouch for that if needed - and probably for how annoyed she is with me, my apathy and all… :flushed:

On the portals, Alder to Antar is pretty far, but Antar to Circarpous isn’t bad at all - I’m thinking of adding to TNT sooner rather than later if they’ve got a 6, haven’t checked yet.

Thank you so much once again! :slight_smile: With so much space, and with such a nice setting around it, I think wonderful things can be done here!

4 Likes

You honestly don’t give yourself enough credit (and certainly me far too much!). You may have sat through 2 hours of me chiselling that giant archway (!) but all of your awe-inspiring build was all you! When I visited, I remember looking around it with wonder and wanting to build more like you! We all take inspiration from somewhere.

Hope you have a good break. We’ll be here when you’re ready to come back :+1: :beers:

4 Likes

Really sorry again for the late reply. That power outage yesterday was caused by a truck crashing into an electricity pole about a mile up the road from us and they’ve been working on repairs all day. So, needless to say that I’ve more or less been without power for most of the day. Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident though. That’s the main thing.

I jumped ingame a few minutes ago and accepted your request and assigned full permissions. So, you should be all set. Like I mentioned earlier, if you ever need more plots to be added on top of what’s already plotted, just let me know. I’ve got plenty on stand by.

The most important thing though is that you take care of yourself. I’m really sorry to hear that you’re going through so much and it really isn’t fair that such an incredibly nice person like yourself should have to deal with such hardships. Life can be so cruel to the best of us while there’s evil individuals out there that for the most part, never have to suffer a day in their lives. It really isn’t fair. I sincerely hope that a day comes along sooner rather than later when you can look back and say that it’s all behind you and you can finally look forward with relief and positivity. You deserve to be happy.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the results of your plans for the place. But take your time. It’s more important that you take care of yourself first. Maybe some time after I come back, I might build a ‘Trade Post’ replica near by. Keep that NMS theme running in the area. :wink:

And please, no need to thank me. Breaking it all down to technicality, it all just bunches of code and pixels. What you did for me was Real! And I’ll never forget that. And I will forever be extremely grateful. Thank you ever so much! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh, I sat through more than that. I’m a serial lurker. I see more than I let on sometimes and I’ve seen more of your work on Exodus than you realise and I give credit where it’s due. What you’ve done there is extraordinary! :wink:

But thank you. Your words are encouraging. I’ll be back for sure. Just don’t know when yet lol. :wink:

7 Likes

But I will say thank you, like you, over and over - I believe in expressing gratitude! :slight_smile: I just jumped on a bit ago so will stop by and start my brainstorming! I do work slow, but I think signs may be the first order of business. And getting the guild renamed and current members notified from mine. Maybe I’ll put something in the NMS thread here.

Yikes on the accident, glad nobody was hurt!! :astonished:

I appreciate your words so much, more than you can know - luckily, a lot of my life hurt was in the past, despite what I’m going through now, the real worst of it is over. It shaped me, both good and bad… I like to think as I mentioned that it made me more compassionate, that I learned to really care, because I learned of hurt and conversely of what just a bit of kindness can mean to people at times. But at the same time, it spawned off a self-hating and apathetic part that sometimes pops out when I’m down, who would much rather just bury herself in a game than worry about doctors or all the rest of that…

Ah, sorry to dump on you all - like I said, easy to open up with you all here. I’ve really felt like I’m part of a family here. :slight_smile: Like Janna said, you’re among friends. Friends help each other, friends listen… it is something I enjoy, that I was able to make you happy made me truly happy. Doing things like that helps fight back that self-destructive side of me… so really, you did me a huge favor in giving me this opportunity, I’m not just saying that. I mean it.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

And I’d LOVE to have a Trade Post nearby! :smiley: Anything we can get along the theme!

Edit: Instead of the NMS thread, I’ll just put it in here. :slight_smile: Introducing the start of the Extradimensional Hub! Back off to the exos for a bit, like I said, I’ll work slow and changes will be minimal, but this is a start! :wink: (Also, I do see free 6 block portals at TNT, think I probably will grab one soon - but may let a few of the others close perhaps.)

5 Likes

Lol die die die , my darling. “Metallica”

1 Like

That made me sad to read that. Life can be soooo hard. I am glad the worst is over! I wish you the best!

1 Like

Thanks, appreciate it!! :slight_smile: Usually I’d never put stuff like that online - heck, on Twitter, where @C0ND1T10NR3D and I knew each other first through NMS, I never posted anything personal at all for the longest time, though I’m opening up more there too now. But this community has been a totally different and positive experience for me. I just started immediately finding people who were so much like me here and, unlike my introversion in the past, enjoying interacting in a game, not just on online forums. Started with @Janna55, I can never give her enough credit. We just hit it off right off the bat and before I knew it I was dumping my whole life on her. :rofl: (Thanks for putting up with me Janna!! :slight_smile: ) And I found it helped so much - someone who didn’t know me IRL and who could give a really fresh perspective on things. So I find myself just being a lot more open here, feeling that I’m part of a big family and that I can share the bad as well as the good and still be accepted for it, flaws and all.

4 Likes

That is Great!!!

You are right. This forum is different! I hope it never changes.

I have been an introvert to my own detriment many times in life, but the people here and in the game are so easy to get along with. it has been therapeutic for me as well

Keep it up and best of luck to you! I hope the future is very bright for you!

1 Like

Thanks, you too!! :slight_smile: And yep - it really has been an amazing thing for me, not only is Boundless just so much my perfect game on so many levels, but the community is just so incredible on top of that. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

@bucfanpaka You give me too much credit, and I have dumped on you, so you have put up with my frustrations, my bad life experiences that we both have in common and never knew it.

You are a kind person and I can be kind but most of the time grouchy. It surprises me that we both survived so well the horrible experiences that we had as children, no child should have to deal with, live through it and instead of being bitter and uncaring for others do want to be helpful.

You have a kinder nature than I do, I’m not as forgiving, I said Good riddance to rubbish when dad died, but the child that was in me still crying has finally stopped. For those who have suffered at the hands on the ones who are supposed to protect you, when they finally, die you can find a release, don’t feel shame at being glad that you no longer have to face them or that they are living, enjoying life while a part of you still hurts.

Okay, off with the bad, on with the good. Glad that that you were able to take over and that @C0ND1T10NR3D will be able to be part of the game and the forum, he would be greatly missed.

2 Likes

Yes, totally agreement with you in that. @Stretchious has created not only a great city, but is, in my opinion, one of the best people in this game. I’m thrilled to know him and be a part of his build and work with him, @Kal-El, @DonBab and others who also play this game.

They have helped me a lot in more ways than they know. If it wasn’t for them and others in the guild and @bucfanpaka I would have quit this game some time back.

3 Likes

You deserve all the praise I can give, I really never can thank you enough - love ya my friend! :smiley:

1 Like

Doesn’t Beyond come out around August 14th or 16th? Thought I had seen a release date close to that. Hope I’m right on that. I’m ready to pull double duty with NMS and Boundless!

2 Likes

14th! :slight_smile: Just got word yesterday -

… And if you all want a really good laugh, look through the comments on that. :rofl: We are so hyped and adoring as a fanbase that we come across as pretty well nuts - can’t blame poor Sean for lying low, haha.

Yeah, kiss most the rest of my life goodbye starting then, haha. :slight_smile: Lately only been doing a few hours a week or so of NMS, but that is sure to skyrocket - and I’m not going to sacrifice any Boundless… good thing I get insomnia sometimes, especially on the weekends… :wink:

2 Likes