In honor of Columbus Day: Show off your Boats in Boundless!

In honor of Columbus Day why not show off your ships or boats that you have built in boundless! Be at the Nina the Pinta or the Santa Maria would probably be pretty awesome! But since this is boundless you should also include your spaceships the submarines excetera excetera anything that’s on the water or flies in outer space!
Whether you celebrate it locally or not :Happy Columbus day!

NOW LETS SEE YOUR BOATS!
dhjkzjthqdhzmogpbnc3psynkqj0b5exathr2qrhzacxi0ztuufvcvjmuziqmgsw-

DEVS: can we please have real ships that go on the water one day that move? I would love to build go exploring the world like Christopher Columbus did to prove that the world does not just suddenly end and you fall off! Or as Captain Kirk one said in Star Trek let’s go to the third star on the right let’s see what’s out there

Does mean I can celebrate by travelling to someones settlement and start claiming that I founded the settlement? :upside_down_face:

Edit to stay on topic: Boats inside the game

12 Likes

Your message is off topic. I wonder if you’ll get the same treatment as I do when I do off topic messages. Your message has nothing to do with any boat builds whatsoever inside the game

Ovid your later edit is transparent failure at skirting what your post is : a grief attempt…

Ah my beautiful boat…

:sob: sunk to the bottom of the lake NOOOOOOO…
:cry::sob::cry::sob::cry::triumph:
:joy::joy:

2 Likes

Yeah well I guess you better go back to the drawing board unless you were planning on building a submarine their mate

1 Like

^^ ah well no :rowing_woman: For me then^^

Yeah I would say your scientist on that project you’re incompetent you should probably fire them

Or did he do a great job on further investigation no pollution was found. ^^

1 Like

Is this boat still there?

5 Likes

Here is one being constructed near Axon’s central district… is it a sailing ship in the sky? A futuristic space ship of the line destined for combat in outer space? I have no idea but I am looking forward to seeing the finished construction!

Also in honour of Canadian Thanksgiving. Let’s see those turkey builds. Lol. :turkey:

4 Likes

Happy Thanksgiving Canada!!
There is a Boundless ship building idea for someone … honoring the Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald!

Used to have a vacation home in Goulais River in northern Ontario along the shore of Lake Superior (was cold in LS even in July! Lol) literally within the desired safe harbor (Batchwawana Bay) of the Ill fated freighter, the Edmund Fitzgerald which it sadly failed to reach that sad stormy night.

1 Like

Of course I’m not, am not American as are many people here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What does the celebration typically look like anyway of Columbus Day?

And for the Canadian Thanksgiving celebrators is it much different from the US one? Turkey dinner with family?

2 Likes

when I was a kid in school I remember Boats mostly! The Nina, The Pinta, and the Santa Maria! :wink:

2 Likes

I kinda miss New Leyden, well, I did on October 3rd, would have made a fuss about Leiden’s Ontzet in a big way, haha! That’s even more local than country wide, hehehe

I have never seen any type of celebration, in school or otherwise lol. We were taught about the ships that were mentioned and I think some public schools do little skits/plays with K-3rd grade kids. Other than that, not much.

And Thanksgiving is usually a large celebration - big gathering with a turkey, ham, greens, pies, football, cold “beverages” lol… Some people sit outside and put a whole turkey in a fryer - tailgate style. Some set up a large table or two with every fixin you can imagine & gather everyone to give thanks. Some people do enchiladas and horderves instead of a big turkey dinner. If you wait too long to buy them, the price of turkeys and ham can get a bit crazy. I’d say it’s as big as Christmas.

3 Likes

Yep. Turkey dinner and family.

3 Likes

It’s a federal holiday. For the most part, only government employees and people who’s job requires the fed like bankers and real estate offices get the day off. only 21 states recognize it as a paid day off, and 11 states have changed the holiday to Native American’s day in recognition of the Native peoples instead of Columbus.

5 Likes

I’m actually surprised it’s even 21 states, I honestly thought it was just New England not even NY

1 Like

So just a Bank Holiday as the Brits say? :slight_smile:

We have mainly Christian Holidays. Like our next one is All Saints on November 1 and the November 11 for Seas Fire day WO I

3 Likes