In honor of Columbus Day: Show off your Boats in Boundless!

Well this is all interesting and off topic…

So no more of that!!

Let us see some boats and ship builds!!!

Yeah something like that.

Discussion of Columbus day in a thread about Columbus day is off topic?? In what universe?

Discussing Columbus and the ships they sailed is one thing… but discussing how many states celebrate it or anything other than the boats portion tied to Boundless is off topic. I am following what was the case in other threads.

So far there is one or two boats posted…out of many responses.

Hmm, perhaps I should flag this post I’m replying to as well, not about boats either!

:joy:

2 Likes

Thanks Giving is a statutory holiday in Canada, which means everyone gets a paid holiday here, it can be taken in lieu, but the majority of companies take it on the date that it falls. Mostly a big meal with the family.
Happy holidays to everyone.

1 Like

Columbus was a hack and discovered nothing!

I would like to thank the Knights Templar and the Native Americans for discovering America.

4 Likes

Yep, all of this - I’m a state worker and don’t get it off, and as Havok mentions, some states now recognize Indigenous People’s Day today.

Thanksgiving is the much larger celebration - family meals, football, and more and more frequently shopping, lol. Used to be the day after Thanksgiving, “Black Friday” was the big sale day, but in their madness to be first and get the $$$ many stores have pushed it back to Thanksgiving itself. I’m guilty of joining in the mobs IF there is something I want enough - and have been chewed out for it by a friend whose husband has to work that day because of it. :flushed:

2 Likes

Yeah hate that they do that.

2 Likes

Here’s a Columbus boat for ya:

:joy:

2 Likes

All my ships sank due to the crews dying of small pox and scurvy.

2 Likes

index

Now those are the three ships… state of the art during that period of the age of sail. Imagine sailing into waters that supposedly “fell off the side of the Earth”… Much like the men who dared to do the impossible and land on the Moon…

Krasniy - I don’t have any pics of boats just yet. I hope to have some soon :wink: Hopefully someone has a screenshot?

Paka - Yeah, I only tried the Black friday thing once or twice, then never again. I saw people sitting on stacks of bicycles so no one else could buy them, a person with a buggy full of dvd players, people grabbing toys…

I thought it was just a fun day for good sales, but have since decided it is nothing more than marketing hype/ploy - a convoluted scam to get people to buying things they might not have otherwise, or something that’s not worth the 25c I’d “save”.

On a typical day, if I drive by a store and the parking lot is mostly full, I keep driving lol. I even prefer to order my groceries online and pick them up via :red_car: curbside.

2 Likes

Haha, yep, same - I HATE crowds generally, actually get a bit panicked in them sometimes. :astonished: And I’ve gotten some bumps when I’ve braved it! Last time was for a TV… the one thing that makes it doable for me if I want to, is that I live where I do. Even before I moved here would do my shopping then here on visits, knock it all out for the holidays often when I do try it - the stores here in the western NC mountains I’ve shopped for it are crowded, but manageable. Many doorbusters can still be gotten hours after opening. Even some of the workers comment on it.

I had tried it once near Tampa… NEVER again on that! :rofl:

It is a dilemma for me though too as I really don’t like that the workers have to be away from their families. One of those “But will they do it anyways?” (keep the stores open) things… like, if I don’t go get my deals, others will? Not crazy about it though, for sure. :frowning:

There is just one thing that will tempt me this time though I think - a good, special edition Switch Lite bundle. Otherwise will wait til Animal Crossing in March and hope for a CE on that… money a bit tight but I do want one, so if a real good deal pops up and one I like the look of, might go for it.

Edit: Thought the right computer deal might tempt me too… need to upgrade, and then I could play Boundless on it too… :wink:

1 Like

TBH it looks a lot like this thread.

A few people trying to commemorate something they were raised to appreciate. A bunch of people using it as a reason to bring up other agendas. And the massive majority just interested in a paid day off work and maybe an open bar or a reason to party.

WOOT!

Maybe i’ll get out to bearcove and see if lear’s pirate ship is still standing.

3 Likes

Come on boys and girls,
you all can do better than that.
Let me at least show you my neighbor’s boat.
It’s here since the early days of this Universe,
I think Columbus left it there … :innocent:

5 Likes

Because you ask nicely…I would think people get tired of my ship screenshots by now.

The sails are in by now and the canons are too but I was waiting for new pictures when it was really finished.

13 Likes

Nope! It looks amazing!

5 Likes

I don’t have a screenshot handy but I have a half sunken ship as a shop at the naughty mall. Number 100!

Off topic but I haven’t stocked it yet though because I’ve been unable to get in contact with whoever does the signs and named my shop for me… in game mail box must be borked.

And my mighty Viking ancestors! :denmark:

For real though, I respect the whole Columbus day thing, but it’s kind of not really a day worth celebrating…

3 Likes