Inactive player Beacon removal

I dunno, I guess some people plot and forget or just like being a ■■■■. I had one that did one plot in the middle of where I was building my workshop lol. I just waited. I had to move a few of my plots to build what I wanted to, but I figured it out.

The word t u r d got blocked lol

1 Like

Lol unnecessary censorship makes your post look cooler.

2 Likes

Plots are usually plotted because the plotter wanted to plot the plots. If someone else wants those plots, they should have plotted them first. The plots themselves hold value enough that no-one should be able to unplot what was plotted…

No need to thicken the plot any more than that :yum:

5 Likes

Would or wouldn’t you be ok with this being used to take your empty plots?

My guild utilizes almost 1000 empty plots to reserve our claims for future expansion and to prevent over crowding. If somebody took over mayor and wiped out plots we have spent hundreds of $$$ on just because they have been empty since launch, we would be furious.

5 Likes

I would be ok with it, if i have any I forgot them. And if it causing issues for anyone i would be totally fine with it.

No conditions. What you propose is any empty plot. You are blanket ok with me taking any of your empty plots at any time for any reason. That is what you are proposing.

Ofc there has to be some conditions. Like i said be a warden.
But if you are warden and i claimed plots in your settlement and leave them empty for a while without communicating. I would have no issues if you removed them.

With those conditions your settlement can be taken over while you’re offline and all your empty plots replaced. That’s ok with you?

Love it!

As for O.P. , i’m happy they have an expiration of sorts in this game. Imagine if those beacons stayed forever. Also, one never knows what R.L. ordeal they are going through.

So the beacon expire when not fuelled or GC is not paid for anymore.

Put a sign next to the plot and ask the owner to contact you, if they are active they should see the sign, if they are not active the plots will expire.

Being able for another player to be able to claim my unplotted plots, that is a big no no. I claim plots to have buffer zone, for future builds and many other reasons.

For the legal argument, yes due to the EULA i don’t own anything in the game.
Now the game rules say that as long as I have fuel my beacons or pay for gleam club, they are mine. You know want to be able to take something from my account that I paid IRL money for. This is then getting real close to be seen as a scam from the game, since they offered no expiration on those plots if you pay money (GC).

That’s usually not smack in the middle of a settlement, when one does it in a settlement there is another reason then for ‘resource preservation’…

Those are not in the middle of a settlement either, now are they?

You haven’t paid money to endlessly occupy EMPTY plots in the MIDDLE of a city…

Again, are those smack in the middle of a settlement where everyone else is building except you?

Not the issue here at all, nor the one described happening in Imoco…

Finally someone who reads!

Nonsense, there’s this one user, won’t name names, that even uses different alts but they all can be shortened to something people feared in WW2. Anyway, this user went around all the new planets and plotted ONE plot wide around everyone else, criss crossing if necesary, no matter how far away you plotted he went around you, I and several others have reported him for blocking us and griefing, heck, even some portal network had a run in with him because he did the same with their plots.

This person is most definitely not doing this because he wants to build something, it’s nonsense, but I’m now also not building something because behind me there’s nothing and I or anyone else can do something about it.

At some point there should be away to solve this kinda of behaviour, deliberate or not, it’s upsetting to the other players…

2 Likes

Just give him a hug and break the curse. Then he can be human again! I dunno, beaconing is too subjective of an experience to regulate very heavily. I don’t know that they could really add many more tools without giving people the ability to be next level griefers.

My original point stands, he had a reason for plotting those plots, they weren’t done by accident. His methods however breach coc and I’m 100% with you on this one

Um, they have. You may not like it but the rules and purchasing systems and even in-game objectives encourage it.

I took some plots early on in the game and have watched places grow around them. I was there first. When do the city owners get to throw my money down the toilet?

1 Like

We had a plot in Grindstone that someone had started to build on and never finished the road.
It actually caused more than one person to leave the growing town.
With enough patience and several people watching we were able to reclaim the plot immediately and finally finish the road that was started.
Edit: PS patience is key

Maybe they have a base somewhere else theyre building and they are holding the plot to make a store in “YOUR TOWN” I have plots I bought because I have future plans becuse A. The scenery maybe B. Location to Hub.C A certain future build may look good there.

What this game REALLY needs is a mailbox at least so folks can communicate with plot owners. I mean if someone came to me with a ridiculous amount of coin I might be incentivized to unplot.

1 Like

Not doing this but sounds like most ppl are completely fine if i visit them and leave a beacon next to them. Or maybe at every settlement in the game. Then buy gleamclub for 5 years and never visit said beacons again.

Yup, if i didnt plot that spot then it’s explicitly available for anyone. I’d love people to join our settlement and build according to our theme, but yes how you use plots are and should remain up to the owner

2 Likes

But itll be empty, maybe a half floating tree.