Incentivize Building On Higher Tier Planets

I think there should be some incentive for building on higher tier planets. I see people complain that people are taking up all the space on the Tier 1 planets, and I think it is true that most people build on Tier 1 planets. Right now, there is all cons and no pros for building on higher tier worlds. Skill sheets are limited and you have to use up skills that could otherwise go into building on combat, environmental protections, shielding, stealth, etc. You get interrupted by being attacked all the time. Since everyone is mostly building on low tier worlds, you have to travel pretty far to go meet with anyone or shop. In return for this, you get…bragging rights? Nothing really. I suggest adding some “pros” to building on higher tier planets.

Possible Incentives:

• Increased Prestige: Add a prestige multiplier by tier of the world. Tier 1 = multiplier 1, Tier 2 = multiplier 2, Tier 3 = multiplier 3, etc. Far more prestige for building on a T6 world than for building on a T1 world.

• Decreased Plot Usage: Add a plot divisor by tier of the world so you need less plots to build the same size build on higher tier planets. Most plots on T1 worlds, least plots on T6 worlds.

• Increase XP for Building by World Tier: Make placing blocks give more XP on higher tier worlds than it does on lower tier worlds.

12 Likes

I agree with you on some points, I’m a little afraid that putting this in place will only have the opposite effect with these advantages everyone will start building in the high tiers planets

3 Likes

I’m not wedded to any particular suggested incentive. These were just some brainstormed ideas. People can suggest alternatives if they don’t like the ones I suggested.

2 Likes

The idea was that high tier worlds are there to
provide rare recources and of course be tougher to build and live on.

Overcrowded lower tier planets should trigger more of them being spawned.

Imagine high tier worlds getting overpopulated due to incentives for players to build there more and bigger. Less and less gathering and mining space then. The 5thand 6th tier worlds were meant to be wilder and roamed rather than covered in large cities.

4 Likes

exactly what i wanted to write - hiiigh tierer planet are meant to be resource source more than settlements

2 Likes

I think the Tier 1 planets are meant to be for noobs, though. Right now they are covered in massive veteran builds, and the vets get…annoyed… at influxes of new players building by them. The noobs cannot find a spot to start out. Seems counterproductive.

1 Like

Yes. But also the issue, if there is one, at this moment in time is that a lot of areas on T1 worlds are occupied by a small number of players. Not enough players are around, I think, to make new worlds appear.

For me it would be to be able to transfer some of my builds to another planet.
And maybe farming on higher tier world’s could bring more crop and seed yield? That would for sure make me consider moving at least my farms.

6 Likes

also for me what drives me far from building at high tier planets are aggresive monsters, i dont want to die every few minutes trying to build :smiley:

2 Likes

I will like if they add Blueprints

3 Likes

Tier 6 = multiplier 6
Imagine me going from 100mil - 600mil :joy::joy:
I highly support this :joy::joy::joy: :cookie:

This idk that’s a incentive not to build on T4 or higher only cause to stop monsters from attacking you while you build it’s good to have the plots to plot a area to stop monster spawns

5 Likes

If some low planets were to be added, they would have to be 6 km in size, and right now they’re 4.5 km. And of course, a new planet means that everyone will want a place on it.

3 Likes

That could be incentive enough by itself. Lots of players are um… Xp thirsty? Plus the increased chance of defeat basically means the complete opposite right now, on average you get much less xp on high teir worlds by building as is.

I have thought on and off about building exclusively on t5 and 6 planets, a “build it and they will come” approach, like a high level mall… But ultimately it would end up like most of my “build it and they never come” projects :rofl: such is life.

If blueprints, especially cut and paste, were added, I’d move in a heartbeat to a t5 or 6 planet today though.

2 Likes

I think you deserve it! It is a lot more work and ought to be worth a lot more prestige building on T6.

4 Likes

If we’re thinking about wild ideas.

How about this.

As a planet becomes more populated. It naturally levels. Meaning once a certain percentage of the planet is plotted or a certain amount of prestige.
It will raise from a tier 1 to 2.

So all planets would then start as a tier 1.

Maybe then the gem type would be determined by the capital city when the planet gets to tier 5.

Increasing the want to work together. Especially if you could level a planet beyond tier 6

If the planet drops below a certain amount of prestige, if that’s how the system would work. Then it would drop tiers. If gems were available they’ll naturally regen.

If planets are then below a certain prestige or population they would then be up for destruction. After a certain time period.

Allowing for scaling of the universe when the population is low. Like now. But also allow for new home planets as well when the population increases.

:man_shrugging::v: I don’t know. Just a wild thought.

8 Likes

I wanted to build on a T6 but the awful sound effects of the higher tiers made me give up on the idea. If I knew how to mod that out or there was a setting to turn it off I’d likely move there.

The lighting on the T6 planets bothers me. I don’t like how strongly the blocks get tinted blue/green/purple etc.

4 Likes

When you’re a new player, it’s true that it’s not easy to get established, but being new, you tend to do it either next to another player or next to a place with a portal, and that’s where the problem comes from, and you soon realize that you’re running out of space to expand.

Sovereign worlds solved part of the problem, even if they didn’t free up space on current planets., but I understand also not everyone want or can afford one.

1 Like

i would stay on tier one thought

1 Like

we deliberately left space near our portals for new people, and made our expansions thin and long so if people wanted to build near us, but not be part of us, they could do that too.

3 Likes

Could be interesting, but i wouldn’t want my characters to start choking when the atmosphere needs protections that i don’t have yet when the planet levels up…

2 Likes