šŸ“– Ingame Likes/Hearts for builds (Guestbook)

I actually know that in this 7+ game, ducks out of questions. But still, put some effort if you like the effort.

I had few players come to me directly, say hi and encourage me.
It really does help for staying motivated.

Any ways to cheer people. Like a simple guestbook with like 5-10 preset of messages (no need to write them).
Could be amazing!

3 Likes

Yes had that a few times too, it feels quite nice :slight_smile:

a simple ā€œnice build dudeā€ or something along that keeps you motivated for hours.

1 Like

Why? It should be written, donā€™t oversimplify everything, let them, us, put some effort.

2 Likes

Yes a minimum effort should be required.

People can PM you here or on discord if they like your build. I know I have done that a few times.

Not everyone is here on the Forum or Discord or the beacon belongs to an alt or user names mismatch.
I had several instances where i wanted to reach someone on discord or here and couldnā€™t find them.

1 Like

Actually that is very true and especially with the PS4 players there is probably more of a disconnect than before.

2 Likes

What if every time you discovered a new region, you would generate some sort of Explorer Token that would be account-bound and non-tradeable. You could then use those Explorer Tokens by donating them to beacons at other builds.

Upon donating a token, the build beacon owner and the donator get some XP, the build gains a small bit of prestige and the donation counts toward an unlocked ā€œPatronageā€ achievement on both ends; IE ā€œDonate 50 tokensā€ or ā€œReceive 10 donated explorer tokens on a buildā€ etc.

Maybe even special bonuses for builds that pass 250 tokens or something; like people within the build boundary gain extra health regen or something.

Just spitballing here lol

I like the idea of a like/message/donate system with no rewards.

The recognition should be enough

3 Likes

I believe a like/dislike voting system had already become in vain, by ranking a build or settlement into different categories through measuring amount of footfall, different materials and size of a build in a settlement.

All of these criteria fail at measuring a good build.
This system is not meant as a length comparison, it is meant as:

It doesnā€™t even have to be public.

1 Like

Yeah for sure - Iā€™ve had several people come up to me and say ā€œthis is awesomeā€ or ā€œthis is amazingā€ etc. Feels really good and certainly makes me want to continue.

3 Likes

I remember feeling pretty down about some of my builds, but something I made for posted to this forum and got a lot of positive feedback, which really encouraged me a lot.

Iā€™d love a mechanism in-game to make it easier to let builders know when you like something theyā€™ve made, or a mail-box system in general.

3 Likes