Inventory Space Increase in "The Exchange" please? I'll pay money!

We’re given a lot of inventory space, perfectly enough, but I’ma hoarder, so if you’d ever add more, or a cheap microtransaction to get more, I’d appreciate it. :slight_smile:

Anyone else the same? I’d rather have it all in my inventory than need’to keep goin’ through my shelves…

I think the reason I’d be willing to spend real money on this is because you give us plenty already. A lot of other games give you almost no inventory space to force you to buy more, but this game is different, an’ I appreciate that a lot.

Thank you, Devs, for not hobbling us on inventory. I get so tired of MMO’s givin’ you like… 10 spots, then havin’ you go grab 1,000 crafting items. To make it fair for all, you could give it a Cubits cost too.

5 Likes

tbh i think it should be how it was… based on skill - start adding more paid for content then it will be the p2w war all over again lol

3 Likes

I wouldn’t mind more inventory space

3 Likes

after thinking about it yes we do need more space in a sense… maybe keep the current standard… but add more via skills/cubit in-game only because start adding inventory slots for cash people will start saying well inventory is p2w (personal opinion)

or add to the GC?

1 Like

As long as it can’be bought with cubits you earn in-game, it should be fair, right? So maybe instead of buyin’ cleanse points, you get 4 more spaces in inventory?

Right now there ain’t a whole lot that interests me in “The Exchange”, I know there’s a bit of friction around here about it, but like I said, as long as we can grind for it reasonably, it should be okay?

But really, I’d also like some more ways to support the devs long-term. Maybe this would be okay? I’d certainly enjoy it.

6 Likes

You have storage for that mr.hoarder.

2 Likes

@Buugi we had this discussion. it is not being a hoarder. It is being a “collector of rare and common items”.

3 Likes

There’s nothin’ wrong with wanting to keep 1 type of every tool, wood, stone, copper, iron, etc. in my inventory!!! And if I’m willin’ to pay money for it, all the same :smiley: haha.

Right now my cubits are just gonna collect dust~

I don’t know if the start selling wearables in the exchange then you are going to spend cubits on that. . hats. . armor who knows.

I’m excited to see what they put in “The Exchange”, so long as it’s priced fairly. I jus’ know I’d definitely spend real money on some more personal inventory.

You can horde now easily, but why does it need to be on you, to carry 40 tons on your furry little back? I’m just being silly

If we carried more there would be far less of a reason to have organized houses of stock.

I do however plus 1 this to. I see a lot of players buying it, thus generating revenue.

2 Likes

I think it’s alright to give people the option, besides, you’d still need storage cubes and shelves to hoard all the extras. Even with 8 more inventory slots, eventually’ I’d have so much copper I’d need to use storage.

This would just make it easier for people who like to go gather, then kill some monsters, then mine a little, without havin’ to make a trip back to base.

1 Like

Me three, and I think as long as the base inventory is generous enough (it now is) then adding a few packs of 4 or 8 extra slots for cubits is a good income stream.

They could follow the BDO format and put in a character cap from our current base to whatever they want as the cap. I dont know how they xfer the inventory data between servers, but as long as it doesnt get to large and negatively affect high traffic areas, I’d love to toss a +1 on this.

My only concern would be the “omg, p2w” crowd and the ensuing doomsaying that goes with it.

But so long as we don’t lose anything from our current bag capacity “because it’s available for cubits, which you can earn in game” (yes, I’m looking at you, character slots), it’d be great to see as an addition to the Exchange for people who would enjoy the game better with more space on hand.

2 Likes

that was my point the nay sayers but in general it is a good idea and as @CreativeWorlds said… as long as it could be in both systems (cash shop + cubit exchange) then it would be fair

i still say have it as a skill though?

You play a few months and you easily have 8 or 10 full stacks of copper bars on your shelves as well as another 8 or 10 full stacks (900) of copper ore. We don’t need anything like that on our backs. Be thankful it isn’t like many games with weight limits on what you carry. A third of a stack of copper ore would likely exceed the limit all by itself.

I think the inventory as is works just fine. Now Sanctuary storage would be cool, but I’m unsure how well that would work.

1 Like

I’m not sure about how I feel about it being skill-bound. There are a couple of reasons I’d be against it.

Firstly, the people who it would impact the most are the people that need the skill points most. Anyone who wants to generalise their skill set so they can do a bit of everything will simultaneously have the least spare skill points and the most need for the bag space.

Also, it would really complicate switching between skill specs if one skill spec has extra space and the other doesn’t.

2 Likes

thats a good point… all i am going by is how it used to be back in the day i beleive we started out with the 1st row or two then it was skill based (maybe also why it was removed) so i see your point :slight_smile:

@telriche - sanctum storage would be an interseting feature… maybe each planet/s sanctum could have its own personal storage? (unless the sanctum is supposed to be seen as the TARDIS - everywhere at once
?)

But how about some kind of emergency storage every time you warp to a planet for the first time only you get a free storage block upon landing? (or something similar)?

And what about guild storage/vaults as well?

1 Like