Iron too rare

Iron is ridiculously hard to find now. This is going to frustrate and discourage new players and Boundless will lose money.

I mapped the entire T1 planet and found 4 ore. I traveled to a T2 planet and have found a total of 13. That is insane.

I’ve backed this game for about a year now, not new to exploring or mining. Trips to Andooween in EA saw me coming home with 500+ diamonds each time so it’s not like I don’t know how to mine.

4 Likes

The ration of iron to copper is about 300:1 - that’s just nuts. Please change this.

3 Likes

New player, relatively early backer (I left it alone to not burn myself out). I agree I can’t find iron really anywhere on the starter planet. Strikes me as odd it seem a core item, as do the “ancient tech components”, can’t find those either. Obrajo you’re not mistaken that is the kind of thing to make a person quit. New player may mill around in copper tier for a while and eventually either try to look it up online (because it feels like you’re missing something, I mean iron couldn’t possibly be that rare could it?), or just say ■■■■ it … this must be the type of game where everything takes a stupid long time, who the hell has time for that and quit.

Only reason I lucked out was someone was kind enough to point the way to a particular spot on what I believe is a T3 planet… and also send me there with a warp.

6 Likes

Iron is a higher tier material than Copper. It makes sense for it to be harder to come by on lower tier worlds.

Lamblis has a ton of iron, copper, silver, and gold. You’ll be able to get those there. Can’t say for Titanium.

So no, the ratio to copper to iron shouldn’t be changed.

9 Likes

Players are not going to stick around long enough to get to a T3 planet to get something that should be relatively common.

4 Likes

Cryptic, when are you going to stop disagreeing with me for the sake of disagreeing with me? You’ve been doing that for nearly a year, now.

3 Likes

So … speaking for myself … I’m not a complete monkey. I do understand iron is higher tier than copper … but it isn’t a diamond. You would think for a core crafting component you shouldn’t have to dump an entirely planet through a wood chipper to come out with a single piece.

10 Likes

I always thought it was higher tier. I guess I am looking at it from an outdated perceptive before you needed a certain tool of a certain material to get the next one. Forgot that isn’t the case anymore since you can smash any block with any tool of any quality.

/shrugs

I haven’t been even remotely doing that. But you can believe what you want to believe.

It should stay more rare then copper lots, but you are right: ATM it’s way underwhealming low. But we had this topic allready some days ago :wink:

2 Likes

You just did it by denying you’ve been doing it.

That was me! Thanks for stopping by , hope you found it !

Oh hi! Thanks again for the assist it was very helpful. Yes I found somewhere between 50-100 pieces after a fair bit of wandering. A damn sight higher than anywhere else I’ve been, I’m most grateful.

What’s the relevance of the heat maps on the atlas then (for iron as an example)?

The heat maps are supposed to show where deposits are but I think they are buggy.

For instance I dug in an area on the map that was pure white (highest concentration) all the way down to the mantle and didn’t find a single piece of iron ore.

The whole point of the game is that each planet is suppose’ to offer more or different resources, you ain’t supposed to get everything on the first two planets… There’s a problem because the game doesn’t explain a Tranquil Planet has teh same stuff as a hostile one.

But yes, the heat maps are bugged, they are useless on T1/2 maps, they indicate their should be ore but there never is.

1 Like

Try going to Lamblis. It’s a “Metal World” so it has increased amounts of copper, iron, and silver

3 Likes

It’s also corrosive - has that been implemented yet?

That doesn’t matter on Tier 2. I’ve been to Lamblis many times without protection and it doesn’t do anything there. I’ve only seen it on Serpensirendi, Alnitans, and Besevrona personally.

1 Like

How far is it from Lasaina?

I dunno, all I know is you need 2 points in Explorer Skill to blink jump from the starter hostile world to get to lamblis.

1 Like